Sunday 12 January 2014

Tutorial: Make a Shaped card from a Digital Image

Hi everyone.  Karon here to share a tutorial with you today.  I wanted to show that Nikky's digis and CD's are so versatile, that you don't need a fancy cutting machine to make a shaped card.

You find a digi image that you feel will work.  Straight edges or connected in some way.  I am using one of the pre-coloured shoe embellishments off the new Dollie Daydream Girl Talk CD, just good old Microsoft Word and a steady hand.

I first placed the image of the shoe into a Word document and then sized it to the finished size that I would like my card to be.  In this instance, I sized the shoe to be 5.5" wide.  Then copying and pasting and positioning on the paper (narrowest margins used and landscape view).


Now comes the good part :-)  Print out onto card stock and cut out around each of the shoes.  One of the shoes you only need to cut out the bow.

You are going to use one of the shoes to create your template.  I am going to use a piece of cardstock for the base of my card.  I used a 8.5" by 11" piece of card stock, and folded it in half so it is 8.5" by 5.5".



Place the shoe on top of the folded card base and you must leave a little of the left of the shoe over to the left of the fold.  Then carefully trace the outline of the shoe onto your folded card and cut out.


This is now the base of your card.


Your first layer of your shoe can be stuck to this.  I then cut just the bow off the second shoe and placed this using pop dots to add depth.


For the inside I just cut the left edge of the shoe so that the shoe will fit on the inside.  To get a small shoe to be able to write your greeting on, I just flipped the shoe in word, printed it out, but then just flipped it back over and used the white side of the shoe - you can size this accordingly in word - mine is 2.5" wide.


Then you can add any embellishments you would like to the front.  I added a layered flower, also available on the CD and cut by hand and a topper.



And there you have it a lovely shaped card.  Why don't you give it a go.

6 comments:

  1. Karon this is fab. I must give it a try. Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dankeschön für diese tolle Anleitung
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tutorial.
    Love your sweet card.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karon ,this is an amazing tutorial
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!