So let's get started:
1. You will need a large (at least 2") paper clip (coated or uncoated), 4 punched / die-cut circles and a few flowers.
You can use dic-cut / hand-cut flowers or ready made flowers. I'm using these spiral flowers from Polka Doodles' new Dollie Daydream Girl Talk CD.
2. If you're using spiral flowers, roll them up as shown below. Remember these are going on a paper clip, so roll 'em tight and don't make them too big.
3. Next, using some tacky glue ( eg Tombow), adhere the leaves to one of the round bases. Make sure the leaves are on the top half only so that they show on the outer edge of the book.... it being a bookmark. ;-)
5. When it's firm to the touch, add more glue and arrange your rolled flowers and any other embellishments. I used 3 spiral roses form Polka Doodles Dollie Daydream Girl Talk Build a Fleur and added some ribbon and a few bling to fill in the gaps.
6. Take your large paperclip and attach it to the other round base. I'm using a large glue dot. You can also use hot glue. Wet glue is not advisable because you want the base to be firm, dry strong enough to hold the weight of the posy.
7. Attach the posy to the paper clip base.
8. This is what it looks like from behind. Adhere the smaller circle to reinforce base.
9. And here it is in action. Now you see why I said keep the leafy arrangement on the top half!
That's a fun little project and cute any-occasion gift. I hope you'll give it a go and use up all those bits and bobs you've got lying about the craft room floor. AND it's the perfect excuse to buy the Dollie Daydream Girl Talk CD!
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope your day is filled with sunshine and pretty flowers.