Friday 28 June 2013

Week 26 Challenge - Animals

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge!  I'm not sure what is going on with the weather - its more like autumn and not summer!  However we have some fab samples to show you for our new challenge - and you know the drill - when the weather is naff, stay inside and craft!

But before we go onto this week's challenge we need to announce the top three from Week 24 Challenge which was a Male Theme.  The top three as chosen by the Design Team are (which was a difficult choice just to pick a top three!):

1st Place - Jane - you win a download bundle- please use the code PD1W2624 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Debbie
- you win a download bundle - please use the code PD2W2624
3rd Place - Debbie Simpson - you win a download bundle - please use the code PD3W2624



Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it!  Blinkies are in the sidebar for you to grab.

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


Right, onto the challenge for this week and the theme is:



Animals

Please don't forget our rules and good luck - the challenge ends on Sunday 7 July at 12noon GMT! 


Ruth:  I've gone for an old favourite - Paper Boutique Vol 3 and used the Buster template at A5 to create my card.  It's so easy - just print off all the elements, cut out and layer up!  There are also little extras but I've not used them and you also have a blue option and can make it either female or male!  All I've added are wobbly eyes and glossy accents on the nose!


Anjie For my card this week I have used an image and papers from the Double Sprinkles of Kraft CD
The papers and image are matted onto Kraft card and I have used a few Marianne D die cuts.

Kim -  Been having a play with the fabulous new BonBon Belles!  And there is the cutest little fox on the cd and I couldn't resist using him! I've used a couple of images, fence and flowers, etc., in a graphics program and the backing papers are also from the gorgeous selection on the cd


Lizzie For my card I used the new Bonbon Belles CD! Ooh its sooooo lovely!! I made the card from my dies, used a Martha Stewart Punch, Marianne Dies for the swirl and leaves. The flowers, paper and image are from the CD. I cut out the flowers and then cut the inner out and layered up after curling them over. I glittered up the Owls wings and skirt with my Stickles and added gemsHope you like it!!


I also made this CAS card from Bonbon Belles CD. I used my promarkers to colour the grass but everything else is off the CD!! I just love the sentiment!


JAN:  I used the 'Sugarplum Daisy CD' to create a card using the little hedgehogs - they are so cute. I coloured them with my Promarkers and added them to layers of paper, also from the same CD.


Nikky - I've stretched the theme of animals a little to include insects LOL...in fact Butterfly wings on my Bonbon Belle haha. Serves me right for not reading the challenge properly! Hope you like it! You can see how I made it over on my blog...

Shell - For my card this week I have used the cute married bunnies from the Cherry Blossom Lane CD I have cut the card blank on my cameo, added some pearls and lace and then coloured the image with copics and promarkers.


Good luck with the challenge and don't forget our rules - closing date is 12noon GMT Sunday 7 July.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for picking my card in First place, really made my day. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you all and beautiful Dt creations x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creations by all the DT. Love the challenge theme too.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the fun challenge and the lovely inspiration from your DT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the fabulous DT inspiration and great challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards made by the DT. Thanks for helping me get my MOJO back x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dog is so cute! And I love all the gorgeous owls - thanks for a great challenge and for sharing these beautiful cards with us hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many different animals, great inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!