Saturday 1 June 2013

Week 22 Challenge - The Colour Purple

Welcome to another Polkadoodles challenge!

But before we go onto this week's challenge we need to announce the top three from Week 20 Challenge which was Spring Colours / Pastels.  Some really lovely creations were entered and the Design Team had a really hard time picking their top threebut there can only be three lucky winners and they are:

1st Place - Samantha - you win a Sugarplum Daisy cd  - please use the code PD1W2220 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Liv Solveig- you win a download bundle - please use the code PD2W2220
3rd Place - Eileen - you win a download bundle - please use the code PD3W2220

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it!  Blinkies are in the sidebar for you to grab.

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


Right, onto the challenge for this week and the theme is:


The Colour Purple

A little bit of purple will not be enough - we want to see lots of the colour!  And please don't forget our rules and good luck - the challenge ends on Sunday 9 June at 12noon GMT! 


Ruth:  I've printed two papers as A5 size from the lovely Pretty Sweet cd, slightly distressed them with scissors before adding to a kraft card blank.  I've made the bunting with offcuts of paper and the sentiment stamp is from the Babsie Fairy Flutterby Stamp set.




Lou: For my card this week, I have to say I struggled with the colour scheme as it's not a colour I use predominately in my projects. After much agonising, I finally pulled myself together and my card then came together very quickly. The papers are from Cherry Blossom Lane CD and the scrummy cupcake is from Studio 12 Picknix collection 1 CD along with the matching ticket sentiment. I had to add another colour to the scheme and my cupcake was the "way in", hence the crochet flower I made too. I have even added purple crystal gems to the centre of my roses ribbon.


Margaret:  I have used one of the images from the Fredericka CD and matted and layered it using the papers from the same CD taken into my digital program and changed the colours.  Its so easy to do and you have an unlimited supply of backing papers - isn't that great!  The die cuts are Marianne dies and Spellbinders, isn't she a sweet image!



AnneI've gone a bit CAS this week.  I was searching through my CD's when the chevron papers from Not For Girls jumped at me then I remembered that Pretty Tuff has this cool car on so printed that too and coloured it up with my copics. The arrow and 'GO' sign were cut with my cricut.  A little sentiment and the job was done. 

                              

Pinky - used items from Picknix Collection 1 - all sewn up. These included the sentiment, frame, papers spools and tape measure.  The ribbons and button are from my stash. I added some faux stitching to finish it off.

JAN:  This is my favourite colour and with all the yummy papers to choose from on the 'Sugarplum Daisy CD' I was spoiled for choice. I made a 6x6" card using two different papers from the CD and added a gorgeous image and sentiment from the 'Candy Doodles CD'.  The image is coloured with my Promarkers - I love her purple hair!


Lizzie - This week I made a pocket gift card. The tutorial I have done is here. I made a card that's a pocket gift card, under the flap is a little pocket to pop in some money, a voucher or a store gift card. I used all papers and images from the CD Sugar Plum Daisy.


Kim - For my card I've used the digi image 'Debutante' from the Fredericka cd collection - coloured with promarkers and flexmarkers.  I've made a gatefold card and the backing papers are from the Cherryblossom Lane cd. I've added die cut flowers using Marianne dies and leaves, with some gems and ribbon.


Shell- For my card this week I've used an image from the Fredricka Collection and papers from the Cherry Blossom Lane CD. I've used promarkers to colour my image and I made the shaped card blank using my cameo die cutting machine. 
Anjie For my card I have used a pre-coloured image and papers from the fabulously cute Cherryblossom Lane CD. The butterflies and flowers are also from the cd.

Please don't forget our rules especially the 10 maximum challenges including Polkadoodles!  Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 9 June at 12noon GMT.  Good luck!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners and beautiful Dt cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. great challenge and super dt cards. janex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful DT inspiration and thanks for a great challenge hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you! It was such a fun challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge, wonderful colour to use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely cards, and a fab colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards from you all.Love purple.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!