Friday 21 June 2013

Week 25 - Summer Birthday

Hello and welcome to another challenge at Polka Doodles!

This week is rather special as we have 3 new DT members joining us and we'd like to give a very big welcome to Bev, Claire C and Linda who are sharing their first creations with us today. Be sure to check out their cards and go and leave them some appreciation if you can.

But before we go onto this week's challenge we need to announce the top three from Week 23 Challenge which was to create a Birthday Card With Scraps.  Some really fabulous creations were entered but there can only be three lucky winners and they are:

1st Place - Sarah JW - you win a Download Bundle - please use the code PD1W2523 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Lisa Barton - you also win a Download Bundle - please use the code PD1W2523 to claim your prize

3rd Place - Julie B - you also win a Download Bundle - please use the code PD1W2523 to claim your prize
 

Congratulations to you all. Please all email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winner's code - we cannot release prizes without it!  Blinkies are in the sidebar for you to grab.

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.

 

Now for our challenge for this week and the theme is to create:
 
A Summer Birthday Card 
Please don't forget our rules and good luck - the challenge ends on Sunday 30 June at 12noon GMT!


Asha - For my summer card, I used an image that reminded me of summer from days gone by. As kids my sister and I used to set up a lemonade stand. This image is from the PickNix Collection 1 and I coloured it with alcohol markers. The  background paper is from the All Around And Everywhere CD. And to finish I have some simple embellishments: brads and red gingham ribbon.


Sally - Hi there, well this week's challenge is Summer Birthdays.  I thought I would make something that reminded me of summer - Strawberry Jam! I love Strawberry Jam.  I can't actually put some Strawberry Jam on the Challenge, but I have made a card instead!  I cut a piece of acetate 10 x 5, scored it in half, cut the shape of a the jar lid, rounded the corners to make it look more jar shape.
Printed off some dotty paper from the Bonbon Belle CD Rom in the lime section, and also printed off some strawberries in the embellishment section. Edged the dotty paper using a punch, covered the top of the card, wrapped some dotty ribbon around the top, cut out two labels using a Just Rite die, added a sentiment, cut out the strawberries and adhered them to the front and inside the card. Voila!


Fliss - Nothing says Summer to me more than flowers and I decided on a shaped card for this theme using a large scalloped circle die to create the pretty stand up card front, making the whole card from just one 8x8 card blank. I covered the base card with a scrap of paper from the Sugarplum Daisy CD and printed out the gorgeous floral topper from the CD and die cut this into a circle to add to my scalloped panel. I printed out some butterfly digis from the CD together with the lovely Poppy from the Fredericka CD and coloured the images with Promarkers.


Bev - For my first DT challenge I used the Cherryblossom Lane CD using blue & green papers to create the background. I added one of the tree embellies, used the fence border then added my main image which I coloured with Promarkers. Made a few roses to go in the basket and punched out a few more flowers & added my inked, ticket greeting all from one cd!


Linda - I have used Picknix Hybrid Digital Papercraft Collection.  I used the papers, embellishments and sentiments from the Heavenly Garden feature on the CD.  I built up my scene and printed off and mounted it onto pale blue pearlescent card.  I then printed off some of the flowers and cut them out and placed on bottom of the card for dimension.  I then added 2 flower buttons to the top corners.  I made an easel card.  For the base of the card I printed of an 8 x 8 backing paper and added a sentiment.  Wrapped lace around the card before layering onto the card.  I then added a couple of flower buttons and a heart button.


Karon - This week I needed a postage friendly card, as I am posting a birthday to the UK from Canada.   I chose papers and the heart frame from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD.  The papers on this CD are fabulous and the burlap paper looks so real.  For the heart frame, I printed it off twice and then layered it up, slightly rotating the top frame.  The sentiment is from the Cherryblossom Lane CD and I merged it onto the heart frame.  A little bit of ribbon to finish off.


Claire C I've used Cherryblossom Lane for my card, I love this cd, it really captured the feeling of summer for me. I've coloured the image with Graph'it markers and promarkers and inked the edges. The papers and sentiment are from the same cd too


Alethea - I found this challenge a bit of a challenge - perhaps because it is winter here so the weather is pretty uninspiring! Anyway, I decided to have a look at the Sundae of Seasons Cd and looked in the summer section and this is what I came up with... I duplicated the image so I could give it some depth by putting some of the flowers on foam dots. I just die cut out the image, inked around it and used some washing tape underneath it for a bit of colour. The sentiment is from the All Around and Everywhere CD. I added some dew drops to finish it off!


Miria For my summer birthday card I chose a light blue and yellow colour combo on a kraft background. The coloured stampie and paper are from A Double Sprinkle of Kraft and the sentiment is from Candy Doodles Collectors' edition. I just added some washi tape to finish it off.


Lidia And for this challenge I used the stamp Meeshelle. I really love the fairy and made a clean and simple card. I made my own background design with the flowers and painted with acrylics.



Fabulous inspiration I'm sure you'll agree and now it's your turn! You have until 12 noon GMT on Sunday 30 June to enter and good luck!

.......................................................................................


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous DT cards and another great challenge..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I hadn't noticed earlier,thank you for choosing my card,I'm over the moon! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Macaroni.... What a fab start to the weekend!!! Thanks SOOOO much for picking me as your winner, I am really flattered!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and beautiful creations x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the challenge and awesome DT inspiration. Welcome to new DT members too hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inspiration each week,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards from such a fab DT.Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!