Friday 14 June 2013

Week 24 Challenge - Male Theme

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge!  Even though the weather is rather naff at the moment, we hope that our samples and challenge will lift your spirits!

But before we go onto this week's challenge we need to announce the top three from Week 22 Challenge which was The Colour Purple.  The top three as chosen by the Design Team are:

1st Place - Sue Bearhouse - you win a download bundle- please use the code PD1W2422 to claim your prize
2nd Place -
Ereti - you win a download bundle - please use the code PD2W2422
3rd Place - Lyndsay - you win a download bundle - please use the code PD3W2422

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it!  Blinkies are in the sidebar for you to grab.

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


Right, onto the challenge for this week and the theme is:


Males

Please don't forget our rules and good luck - the challenge ends on Sunday 23 June at 12noon GMT!

Ruth:  I've gone for an old favourite - Paper Boutique Vol 1 and made the Dad card from the 'Family Affair' section.  I've opted for the A5 size pre printed - so all I've done is cut out, glue and add a faux stitch around the edges!


Margaret - always a difficult one for me but so much easier using the Pretty Tuff cd   it is full of great images both coloured and digi stamps and fabulous backing papers.  I have embossed the backing papers and distressed the edges using distress inks, the die cuts are spellbinders 


Pinky - I used the Pretty Tuff Cd, if you haven't got it go get it. Makes like much easier for those boy cards!
All papers, embellishments, boy image and sentiment came from the cd! I just added some red card and some punched out stars. I coloured the image using promarkers.


Lizzie - This was a very quick card sorry ladies, but if you pop to my blog you will understand why. I used the banners from the CD Cherry Blossom Lane added some text in my computer program
and cut it out layering onto white card. A quick CAS card !


Shell - For my project this week I found the most fab papers on the Not For Girls CD wow this cd is amazing and I don't know why I don't use it more - that will be changing as of now! So I decided to make a door hanger for my friends little boy who is super hero mad. His name and the super hero were cut on my cameo.

Kim - I've made a 'little boy' card which I think would be great for a toddler! I've used the CandyDoodles cd and used digi images and backing papers from the cd. I've coloured the images with promarkers and flexmarkers


JAN:  I used the fabulous 'Paper Boutique CD' for my project and made an 8x8" card. The backing paper and car template are both from the CD. I also printed the little guy from the 'Candy Doodles CD', coloured him with my Promarkers and then popped him in behind the wheel. A quick sentiment and a few stars to finish off.


Kitty - For my card i used the fabulous Pretty Tuff CD. All the elements (papers, image, sentiment etc) on this card apart from the twine of course are from the Pretty Tuff CD. Perfect for the guys in our lives!



Good luck with the challenge and don't forget our rules!  Deadline for entries is 12noon GMT on Sunday 23 June.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations to winners. I'm so honored to be one of them :) thank you!
    This week theme is awesome and DT has made fantastic samples. Love your projects.
    Eret xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee, thank you for picking my card as one of your winners and well done to all the other winners too
    Thank you for anther fabulous challenge with wonderful DT creations.
    Off to Email you now.....
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops - I clicked on the wrong pic to enter your challenge, it's the correct post but the wrong picture, I'm so sorry. If you want to delete it, I can add it again with the correct picture. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all and fab cards from the team x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous inspiration from the team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous DT inspiration thanks so much for picking me as one of your top 3
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the fun challenge & gorgeous DT inspiration. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many talented people, great projects everyone

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic creations from you all.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the challenge and awesome DT inspiration Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!