Friday 27 November 2009

Challenge 28



Hey Doodlers! And Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends in the US!

Well, another busy week at Doodle Towers, we're on Ideal World next week so we're currently up to our neck in CD's and artwork and packing and..and...and...stress! It's always a bit manic the 2 weeks prior to a show and then the week after (funny, in a month that means there's only one week which isn't!? hmm) but this time is worse due to the swine flu taking me out for a week and being way way behind..never mind, soon be Christmas and there is a brand new CD launch next week so that more than makes up for it! If you look closely at the Design Team entries and blogs this week I'm sure you'll see some sneaky peeks at the new stash! The show is Thurs 3rd Dec on Ideal World at 2pm.

I also have to just mention that myself and the fabulous Kirsty Wiseman will be holding a joint workshop in York on Saturday 5th December 10.15 - 1.15pm - craft fun and mince pies galore if you can join us, we have a couple of places left so if you want further info please click here.

Right, winners of Challenge 26...we asked you to use this sketch and use a Male theme...
in 3rd place...Teri
in 2nd place...Cornish Mist
and in First place is the lovely Little Ted - well done!
So email me for your stash and blinkies girls please!

Don't forget! Closing date for Design Team applications is Fri 27th (today!) so you'd better be quick if you want to join us! We're looking for a couple of new teamies so don't be scared, we're all very friendly!Email me here with your details. We've had lots of entries so it will take a while to plough through them all so give us a couple of weeks for the results! :D

Before I go any further I have to give a massive thanks to the very fabulous Dolly, our Guest Designer for November, my that's flown! It's Dolly's last week with us but we have all loved her projects and we hope she'll be back soon, I am LOVIN' her card this week!

So on with the show as they say...No sketch this week, but to make it easy you need to use 3 different papers and a Rubber Stamp - the rest is up to you! I think the Doodle Dollies enjoyed this one and we have some fab cards this week...

November Guest Designer, Dolly...

Dolly's doing a Crimbo take on all the challenges so here is her lovely lovely card, I adore this, think it's because of my 2 favest things - green and dots!! Just adorable this Dolly and thanks again for all your efforts during the last few weeks...


Made by Kerry..."I've been making Christmas cards from non Christmas papers, so decided to do the same for this challenge. The background paper came from Candy Doodles, the papers for the trees and center strip came from Sugar Birdies. I embossed stamped snowflakes and glittered the trees. Added a few gems and stamped the sentiment across the paper ribbon also from Sugar Birdies."...just fab!

Made by Ruth...Ruth's given us a cheeky little peek at something new from the new CD Back To Nature here and this card is just lush..."I've used one of the images and all the papers are from Sugar Birdies. I made the flowers myself by roughly following the flowers on her hat. Stamps (around the flowers and sentiments) are the Candy Doodle ones."

made by Enfys...I just adore En's style and this week is no different...En says "Got to use up all my scraps of jingly papers for this one! Happy thanksgiving to our American doodlers!" En's used the snowflake stamp here and papers from the Crimbley Doodles download and Jingle Jangles...

Created by Claire...Easel cards seem to be a big new trend and Claire took this great fold as her inspiration this week...Here she's used the Not For Girls CD...

Created by Kris...Another sneaky peek at the new CD here...tut tut those naught girls..."Well not only did I manage the 3 papers (plain green from Sugar Doodles, Presents and Hugs from Jingle Jangle) and the stamp (present); I also snuck in one of the fabulous new images from the new CD. I think the look on her face is very sexy. I used a circle card and also cut some additional hearts and popped them on." Not sure she's meant to be sexy, think it's Kris's colouring! lol!...




Created by Sue...Sue lives in flooded Cumbria so it's a miracle she managed to create anything in the floods! Typical crafter, I bet she made sure all her stash was on high ground! Here she's used the Jingle Jangles CD...

Made by Boni...Boni's done a totally different look this week and it's lovely...she's used the Not For Girls CD and actually created the pink backing paper with the flourish stamp from the Daisy Doodles set, such a very versatile stamp and one of my all time faves ever. Love how she's made that cute flower by punching circles and stamping into the middle of each one, very creative and a great idea...

So, that's our offerings for this week - don't forget you have till Sunday 6th December to enter this one, leave your links in the comments below. You can still enter last week's challenge until Sunday 29th at noon so make sure you get your entries in!
In the meantime I will see you all (hopefully) for the show next Thursday 3rd Dec, which is on Ideal World at 2pm. ttfn!

20 comments:

  1. Wonerful cards ladies. Love them all. Good idea to use non-christmas paper to make a christmas card! Keep up the good work, love to keep checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fab challenge and stunning DT work as usual, enjoyed seeing Dollys creations this month too.

    here’s my entry

    I know I haven't used PC products (hangs head in shame!)

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my card! http://craft-princess.blogspot.com/2009/11/presents.html

    Thanks!
    -Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the fun challenge! here's my card - happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! great cards with awesome recipe.
    here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. My card for challenge 28 recipe can be found on my blog. Great DT cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. here's mine

    Great DT creations again! Thanks for looking

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure if you had to use polkadoodle products here is my card thanks for looking

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super DT ideas, my card can be seen here Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your DT always come up trumphs!!! Love the inspiration. My card is here
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi team doodles,
    loving all the dt work this week
    loved this challenge and used my winning prize, the stamp set, to finish it off many thanks nikki

    heres my entry
    ju x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, the DT cards are totally fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration
    Here's mine
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always the DT have given us some fab creations. Heres my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great DT cards!
    I used up my 10 challenge limit on this.
    Here's my project

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab DT cards. You'll find my entry at http://stamperschef.blogspot.com/2009/12/tims-tags-and-challenge.html
    Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!