Friday 6 November 2009

exciting things...

Well helloooo everyone, crikes don't the weeks pass by quickly! I'm writing this a bit early this week as I'm packing my bags and bogging off to the NEC this afty and I can't wait - roadtrip! Sorry, I just don't get out very often so it's a major incident for me when I do! So if you are in the NEC on Friday and  you see my ugly mug come over and say hi - I will be the one buffooning around and getting cross that other people dare to be in front of me in whatever queue I'm standing in. I will also have elbow pads on for booting you all out of my way! lol!  I'm also excited this week because we have a fabulous Guest Designer for November - wahoooo! I will tease you with that morsel for now, I might tell you who it is later...tee hee....


So the challenge before last (I get very mixed up with this Sunday deadline thing, it doesn't take much) was Halloween. Now some of you had been mega busy and I have to say there were some really awesome entries for this. We don't do Halloween very big in the UK but I LOVE it and I want it to get as big as the States so I went totally overboard this year, bought shedloads of sweets and made little cute cones for everyone. We hardly had anyone round :(   Typical! Still we managed to scoff, I mean offload all the sweets and I was a good girl yesterday and chucked all the leftovers out as I knew I would be too tempted.  So it took us yonks and yonks to pick winners and I'm sorry if we didn't comment on everyone's blogs, we did try but I think we all lost the will to live cos there were so many. But thanks to everyone who entered they were all fab.


The lucky winners are:

In 3rd place....Karin and Britt - Britt is only 5 years old and I think her card was awesome so she should share the spoils with her mum I think!
In 2nd place...Lynne in NI...
and our fab winner is....ta dahhh.....Kimmi...


Well done girls can you all please email me for blinkies and some freebies. x


Don't forget you still have until Sunday lunchtime to enter last week's challenge - you can win a CD so make sure you join and have a go!


So as I said before, we have a fabulous Guest Designer for November - the lovely Dolly! Yayyy! I'm sure a lot of you already know Dolly and we thought we'd better stop her winning all the PD challenges by asking her to join us for a little while, LOL!  So welcome aboard Dolly, we can't wait to see what you're making for us!  Dolly has very kindly agreed to share some tutorials for us, the first of which will be posted on Saturday morning, so make sure you tune in to nick all her fabby ideas!   


Right, so onto this week! As the festivities are rapidly approaching I'm challenging you all to make decorations this week - you can make any kind of decoration but please use a rubber stamp and make it Christmas. You have until Sunday 15th November to enter and the winning entry will receive a set of my Daisy Doodles stamps worth £14.99!


I asked the design team to use a CD and stamps for this challenge.  Boy, they never let us down do they...now I have to say I'm doing this post early so it might be a bit light on entries but I will add more as they come in so check back Friday night for more ideas...


created by Saskia...." I used an old Christmas bauble, covered it with some soft white paper, added lovely ribbon and wire...and a Polka Doodle birdie! That's it...oh  yes...and some glitter of course!"..




created by Ruth..."This came about from an idea that I had whilst in the bath on Sunday night! It's an acetate candle holder cover thingy with springy crimbo trees coming off it! Not recommended to be used with the candle is actually lit, but its a nice idea eh?! Bit difficult to get a photo of too. Used the Christmas download for it."






created by Kath..." I covered a square candle with papers and images from Jingle Jangles and stamped with this gorgeous snowflake image."...






created by Boni...Boni has made a frame and hung a lovely Penguin from the centre and made this fab scallop bauble by cutting 3 circles, folding them in half and glueing in the centre...fab...






created by Kerry..." I Cut out a large snowflake for the top and popped a silver snowflake brad in the center, ribbon and silver twine with beads threaded on for the pinched in bits (I'm sure there's a proper name for these). Then added lots of glitter!"...







created by Kris..."I used the digi Polly as the stamp and colored with Prismas and OMS and did some doodles so hopefully it's OK. I kind of like how it turned out."...







created by Lou...This fab hanging decoration was made with Jingle Jangles papers and she's cut them into strips, folded and attached them in the middle. Then she's used flower shapes for the middle decoration...nice idea...




created by Claire...I love this fab tree topper but I suppose you could use it as a bottle decoration too...very simple to make, just make a cone of paper/card (use half a circle to do this) and she's added a star, doodled the edges and then Polly on top. Because Polly's wand was very finely detailed for cutting abd there were tiny tiny cascading stars on the original, notice how she's replaced them with beads on wire - very imaginative, might have to pinch that myself!...



made by Krista...Krista's made this fab tag decoration using Jingle Jangles. She's used Jack and added a flower which kinda ties in as a snowball I think but I love the acetate snowflake, it almost looks like fabric in this pic, lovely...




created by Nikky..."This is actually my project for a class on Saturday so I hope none of my ladies see this before the day! I just didn't realise I'd tied it in with the challenge, I'm obviously in decoration mode! I made the tree (watch out for a tutorial on Sunday night for this) and stamped lots of decorations on top, added some stickles for glitter and some liquid pearls for snow. It's a bit lopsided but I kinda like that, it adds character (My excuse, lol!)"...




Right folks that's it for this one, remember you can win some fab stamps for this challenge so get creating now! Please remember you can only enter up to 10 challenges and entries must be in by Sunday 15th at 12:00 GMT.  Don't forget to pop in on Saturday to see Dolly's tutorial and see what fab make she's done for her first week and I will be posting the tutorial for the tree on Sunday night - hope to see ya then! xx

5 comments:

  1. here's mine

    Wonderful DT decorations, thanks for looking at mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge this week and it was a challenge lol
    loving all the dt ideas
    Heres my entry

    ju x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone - I've made one of Dolly's Trees following her fantastic tutorial. I forgot to use a stamp though so I know it won't be counted but I still just wanted to share it with you.
    You can find it here

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ideas from the DT! All of them are super, Ithink I've gone with Kris's door handle holder and you can see it here Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab decorations from the DT, here's mine.

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!