Friday 25 October 2013

Week 43 - Christmas Anything But A Card Polkadoodles and Studio 12 challenge

Happy Friday Doodlers!

Well it's been a REALLY busy week at Doodle Towers! We have 3 fantastic pieces of news for you....
1. We hope you all checked out the brand new Digi Choosday challenge (see here) .... gorgeous work from the team and don't forget that discount code! You still have time to enter and to use the code and we will be back on Tuesday with another fantastic challenge for you!

2. In addition, make sure you check the Polkadoodles site as we have some Terrifyingly good offers every day in our Trick or Treat week of discounts for you!

3. We'd also like to give you a heads up to a brand new venture which we know you will all LOVE - if you've started your Christmas shopping then this is a must-see, they're amazing!! We also have a very special discount code for you too - use DHD001 to save a special 10% off your first order!

So this week we challenge you to make anything 
Christmas
(we'd prefer it not to be a card but if you can't manage that then any Crimbo project will do! The winner of this challenge will win £30 of stamps from the Polkadoodles store!

The random winner of our Week 41 Halloween challenge is: 
Lucky 13, Denise! 
Well done Denise, you have won a £10 voucher to spend in the Polkadoodles store! 

Our Top 3 favourite entries are: 43 Elena, 44 Debbie, 16 Shell - well done everyone, pick your blinkies from the sidebar and Denise please email us here to claim your prize! 

So, let's get on with what the wonderfully talented Design team have been up to this week, you have until Sunday 3rd November to enter!......

Alethea - My head has not been in crafting lately and wasn't too sure what to make for this challenge but remembered I had a spare door hanger lying around  so I decorated that. I have used everything from the Home For Christmas CD. I printed some elements off separate so that I could give the hanger a bit of dimension and I just added a bit of kindyglitz and rock candy stickles for some sparkle!


Asha - Did you know that the Home For Christmas CD collection makes gift giving breeze? No?! You've come to the right place. About a week before Christmas I leave large home made festive cookies on my colleagues' workstations and to house these delights I painstakingly make little boxes from scratch. Not this year! Look what I found in the CD! A cookie box template...actually there are 3 and I chose this vintage looking one. All you have to do is print, glue and dress. It even comes with a sheet of embellishment. Yay! Extras from my stash: bling and ribbon - that's all. Here's to a hassle free Christmas!



Karon - I decided to use the pre-coloured images on the fabulous Home for Christmas CD.  All the images including the lovely background scene are in this wonderful collection. I first printed out the scene and secured this to an 8" x 10" artist board.  I then printed the houses out and add some foam dots to give them depth on the background scene.  Santa's sleigh and Rudolph is attached to some acetate to make it stand freely away from the background. The trees and church were printed and cut and I added glitter to them; after all what's Christmas without glitter :-)
Jo - When I saw the title of the challenge this week, I knew immediately what I wanted to make! A Christmas wreath using papers, embellishments and images from the Home for Christmas CD... and I just love how it turned out. I don't have a wreath hanging outside the house, but I do like nice decorated ones hanging indoors. With the images, I have flipped them around to face each other, printed them out and cut them leaving a small white border around the edges to give definition. I added some glitter glue to finish.
Lidia I made a Christmas wreath with Studio 12 stamps so I hope you Like this idea that can help you to decorate the Christmas Tree....
Miria  I made a milk box : it was so easy following the template from cd Paper Boutique I !
Paper and coloured digis are from fab  Home for Christmas CD Rom , the tickets are from Picknix Collection 2 Gingerbread Twist....
Sally - This weeks challenge - has been great fun as I have been making all kinds of gifts for a Craft Fair that we are having on base.  I was fortunate to find some wooden trays in a cheap store which I thought I could alter.  So, I painted the tray white then used papers, embellishments and digi images from the Home for Christmas CD Rom to decorate the tray.  It is an ideal size for a Cookie Tray to leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve....

Rebekah - Hi everyone for this challenge I have made an altered tin using some fab papers and elements from the Home for Christmas CD. I love the brown and blue colour scheme and both the cute gingerbread topper and the cute vintage style ticket sentiments are also from the CD.
Zoe - For this challenge I decided to set myself a task of using the digi images from the amazing Home For Christmas CD  to create a wreath. I chose the fabulous Poinsettia and the super santa. I took both into Serif Craft Artist and digitally manipulated the images - flipping to face the opposite way & changing sizes - positioning them around a rough circular shape. Once happy I printed it off and coloured every single image with a mix of markers including some Graph It markers. I chose more contemporary colours to match my home decor and once coloured I attached a ribbon.
It's not my turn for the challenge at Polka Doodles this week but I wanted to join in as I'm loving working with the A Home for Christmas CD Collection so thought I'd gate crash and join in!
The challenge is to  make anything but a card, and here is my project. I cut out 3 tags in Kraft card and then printed some papers, embellishments and sentiments from the CD. I cut out three strips of papers for each tag and distressed the edges using distress ink. I glued the papers onto the tags and added some faux stitching with a white opaque pen. I then cut out all the embellishments and stuck them in place. I then used a distress ink on the sentiments and added them. I finished off the tags with some ribbon.

Claire C I've used some of the adorable images on Home for Christmas to create some Christmas Tree Decorations. I gave the images a coat of glossy accents and layered them up over one of the gorgeous polkadot backing papers and popped them on some die cut bauble shapes.

Hopefully the DT have inspired you to make your project for this weeks challenge and we cannot wait for you to share it with us. Please use Mr Linky to add your details so we can come over and see your project in full.   Remember you have until Sunday 3rd November noon to enter this challenge and follow our rules:
1. No backlinks please!
2. Please follow the challenge! 
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

6 comments:

  1. "WOW" Totally stunning Dt works of art and many congrats to the winners x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I won " and Denise please email us here to claim your prize! " but to collect your price "here" does not work. Can you please contact me on my email dixicreations2011@gmail.com. Thank you so much for the opportunity!!!!
    Denise
    http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great inspiration from the DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic challenge. DT samples are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!