Friday 18 October 2013

Tutorial - Envelope Gift Bag

Hi, Kim here with a quick tutorial today. There are some fabulous little gift bags and boxes on the Home For Christmas cd from Polkadoodles, but I’d like to share how I make little gift bags from envelopes.  You could even make them with used envelopes – great recycling!

I start with a C5 envelope (but you could try with all different sizes), some backing papers, toppers, ribbon, a hole punch and an edge punch


Seal down the envelope and then mark and score lines 1” from the outer edge and 1½” from the bottom edge


Trim one of the shorter ends open and then use an edge punch to add a fancy edge. Fold the central fold inwards and then fold the corners into the bottom of the bag - you may need to gently press the folds into place at the bottom! 





Then decorate as you like with papers and toppers.  I’ve also used the hole punch and added some ribbon and a sentiment from the cd cut into a tag shape


I hope you have a go at making an envelope gift bag - ideal for making little treat bags for some Christmas sweets and chocolates! 


2 comments:

  1. I love your envelope bag tutorial. I used it today with a bit of tweaking. Here is my Treat Bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool and a great way to use and envelope!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!