Friday 28 October 2011

Week 43 Challenge - Mystical and Magical

Claire here with this weeks challenge at Polka Doodles - "Mystical and Magical" I strongly believe that daydreaming should be a compulsory part of your day, a little (not too big mind) escape from reality! It's also stashbox stamps week here at Polka Doodles so the DT have been playing with other images from their collections and complementing them with Polka Doodles products.

Now, the winners of challenge 41....What a great turn out, don't we all love our ribbons and bows!

Congratulations goes to

1 - Mary Coleman
2 - Mona
3 - Angelic

Please email Nikky for your blinkies - the first placed winner receives a download. Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

The challenge is open until Sunday 6 November at 12noon GMT and any entries that do not follow our challenge rules will not be eligible for any prizes so please read them carefully!

If you want more detail on how the Design Team have created their projects, just click on their name and you'll be taken to their blog. I think you will agree that it's lovely to see all the fabulous work by the new additions to the DT and of course great work from the stalwarts as well!

Claire I adore this Leanne Ellis stamp "Time Flies" and have used a lovely shaped Craftwerk card base. Paperpiecing my image with papers from the Pretty Sweet cd, a lovely tree printed on Safmat and window frame with sentiment set inside courtesy of Double sprinkle of Kraft. Really impressed with the ultra fine nibs for the promarkers which I have used to add stitching and detaining to hair.


Ruth: I've used a cute Jellypark image, coloured with Promarkers and teamed it with a slightly distressed sheet from Paper Boutique Vol 1 (Star Cake). I've added some faux stitching, buttons from my stash and I've printed the sentiment onto Safmat.



Fliss: I've chosen to use a set of Papermania fairy stamps as I really like their classic look. I stamped a little scene on circle of white card and coloured with Promarkers. I then stamped the fairy, also used Promarkers to colour, cut her out and added glitter to her wings. I made up the card using papers from the Pretty Sweet CD and added lace and a ribbon bow to embellish.


Enfys: I chose this sweet little fairy from Lili of the Valley for my magical element this week, the papers are from the Sundae of Seasons CD. I added plenty of stitching to this one, and a stamped sentiment

Louise I have gone for papers from the Pretty Sweet Cd for my card and used a Lili of the valley stamp for my image.

Daniele.....for my magical theme card I'm using a Wee Stamp image called Silver Fairy and I used the papers from A Magical Winter Cd......love the vinatge shades of these papers. I used chunky glitter inside the shaker card.


Diane As soon as I saw the title of this challenge, I knew I wanted to use this fairy image from LOTV and the wonderful papers from the Pretty Sweet CD because they're so delicate and perfect for this fairy.



Alan: For this card l used the following cd's from P.D. Sundae of Seasons - Double Sprinkles - Sugar Birdies All the imagery was taken from one of the cd's and again they just fitted in so naturally.


Colette - I have made a DL card and used papers from the Sundae of Seasons CD, added some faux stitching and ribbons and gems. The circle die is from Nellie Snellen and the Holly fairy is a Charmed Delectable Stamp coloured with Promarkers, I added glitter to her furry and frilly bits and her holly berry headband.

Lis-m.. I thought I would use a Christmas fairy, as Christmas is a very magical time. The papers are from the Magical winter cd... The image is a Sugar Nellie stamp, coloured with my Promarkers, and I have used lots of Kraft card to give a distressed /vintagey feel.



Doreen...for my card I used the lovely Silver Fairy Wee Stamp, which I colored with Copics. The paper and the sentiment is from the Pretty Sweet Cd.



Shary I have used a Mo Manning digistamp and coloured it in with Copics. The papers, ribbons, sentiment gems are all from the fab kit by Polkadoodles called Christmas Boutique papercrafting kit.


Anne I've used this little sweetie from the Paper Shelter which I've coloured with copics, the sentiment is PC generated and the papers are from Pretty Sweet CD

Shell for my card I've used the gorjuss Silver Fairy from wee stamps, coloured with copics, the paper is from the fabulous Pretty Sweet CD



Carol - I've used the gorgeous Silver Fairy by Wee Stamps and coloured with Copics. The sentiment and papers are from the beautiful Pretty Sweet cd rom.



Lana - I have used papers from the very girly - 'Pretty Sweet' CD. I'm a sucker for dots on my creations so this was perfect to compliment my little fairy which is a digi from All that Scraps. I also used the beautiful soft 'leaf' patterned paper for the grass punch. The sentiment was created on my PC and the image was coloured using copics. I added glitter dust to her wings.


Clare - When I saw the papers in the Pretty Sweet mini collection, I fell in love with this beautiful design and this fabulous colour caught my eye. I usually colour fairies in pinks and purples so it was lovely change to use yellows, browns and greens. The sentiment is also from the Pretty Sweet mini collection and the fairy is from Lili of the Valley.


Miria . For my card I used ths popular sweet LOTV fairy coloured with waterpencils; it perfectly matches with these striped and dotted papers from Double Sprinkles of Kraft and Wonderland. The sentiment is from new lovely Pretty Sweet


Tracie: I used a cute dragon image from Dustin Pike, coloured with promarkers. Then added some papers from the gorgeous Pretty Tuff CD. 


Emma Hello there, this time I used papers and sentiment from the Pretty Sweet CD, I coloured wth Distress inks and pencils, then glittered with stickles.

Josie: This week I used a Lili of the Valley Stamp. Coloured with Pro Markers. On the wings and the embellishments I used Cosmic Shimmer Glitter. The backing paper is from the Pretty Sweet CD Rom.
The sentiment is written in Wink Of Stella Pens.



Good luck with the challenge! Please remember our rules and the deadline is Sunday 6 November at 12noon GMT.
*****


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Fab cards everyone and amazing variation with the same stamps on some. Well done to our new ladies on a fantastic first challenge.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic set of cards ,i love evryone of them
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [29 Oct 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!