Friday 7 October 2011

Week 40 Challenge - Handmade Flowers & Blog Candy!

DESIGN TEAM CALL! Hi everyone - please make sure you check out our DT call below this post - we need YOU!! ..x

Hello, it's Fliss here this week as it's my turn to set the challenge theme. Those of you that know me will be aware that I'm a big fan of DIY (making my own decorated papers and embellies I mean lol) so my challenge to you is to add some HANDMADE FLOWERS to your creation. These can be made by punching, die cutting, stamping, decoupage and so on - the choice is yours.

GIVEAWAY!! The winner of this week's challenge will also win 3 Polkadoodles stamps - HURRAH!! LOADS of giveaways this month!!!

The top three from challenge 38 which was Distress It are:

First Place: Joanna K - Joanna wins a set of brand new Letraset Flexmarkers - woohoooo, well done Joanna!
Second Place: Sandy
Third Place: Mindy Baxter

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your blinkies! The first placed winner receives a download from Polkadoodles.

Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

The challenge is open until Sunday 16 October at 12noon GMT and any entries that do not follow our challenge rules will not be eligible for any prizes so please read them carefully!

If you want more detail on how the Design Team have created their projects, just click on their name and you'll be taken to their blog.

Fliss - I've made a very pretty vintage style shaped card using elements all from the A Double Sprinkle Of Kraft CD. I coloured the image of the little girl with pencils and used a blending solution and paper stump to blend the colours. My handmade flower is made using a punch and emboss flower punch and I exaggerated the embossing with an embossing ball tool and rounded out the petals. I used silk flower stamens in the centre.


Daniele. So love the new CD Pretty Sweet Girl so this weeks card features the sweet Maddie, the papers are also from the same CD, flowers were made using a punch with added pearls.


Audrey... For this card I used the new CD Pretty Sweet Girl for the adorable little girl and All Around And Everywhere for the background paper and the paper for the flowers. I used my Cricut to cut out the flowers and inked the edges to distress them a little. I sewed around the edges with floss and added some buttons and twine to the flowers.

Louise  - I used a paper punch and Gem brads to make my flowers. The image is from Double Sprinkles of Kraft and the sentiment is from Sensational Sentiments

Alan I made some flowers out of the cd plastic covers that are put onto those 'Rings of cds' that we buy. Would a Bigz Die and my Big Shot work? THEY DID!!!! After 3 sets cut out they were coloured in by using Alcohol inks. To give some height I cut out two vellum flowers and crumpled them up glued under and then secured onto the card. All the papers l used on the challenge were from the Sundae of Seasons CD.


Lis-m Still enjoying my new love... Pretty Sweet.. I used a selection of those yummy papers, some seam binding, and die cut some flowers, layered them up and added a pearl


Enfys: I used Pretty Sweet for mine as well, and my flowers couldn't be more simple, I wanted them to look sketchy and doodly, so I cut them with my Cricut and just doodled around the edges, adding Card Candi to the centres. The gingham paper that I used prints out with that great whitewash border, looks as if I spent hours with the acrylic paints, but it was instant gratification!


Dee: Another card made with the new CD Pretty sweet from me as well. The roses are made from swirls of backing papers. Some inking and die cut leaves finish it off.


Miria For my card I used one image from new lovely cd Pretty Sweet printed on Kraft and coloured with A wink of Stella, the sentiment and papers are from the same cd. The flower is handmade using punches, brads and lace from stash.


Diane - I am also focusing on the Pretty Sweet CD so that will probably indicate how much in love all of the DT are with this one! I've printed two of the lovely girlies and coloured them with my Copics. Then I printed the coloured version of the flowery fence from the Summer section of Sundae of Seasons and combined them all onto a very summery background. Instructions for how to make the flowers are on my blog.


Colette - Yet another card made using the Pretty Sweet CD, I just love the yumminess of the papers and girls. I have made a scalloped tent card, to make my flowers I printed one of the paper designs from the CD onto both sides of a piece of paper and using the Marianne Creatables Chinese rose die cut out three roses, made them up and then brushed glue over the top and sprinkled with glitter. The swirl is also a Marianne Creatables die and ribbon is from stash.



Josie: This week I used the digi image and papers from the Pretty Sweet CD Rom. I absolutely love this CD Rom!! I coloured the image with Pro Markers. I punched different size flowers out of some co-ordinating papers on the cd rom and over lapped them. I added a gem in the middle and some cosmic shimmer on the petals and around the sentiment. I went over the flowers with the clear Wink of Stella and then covered with glossy accents.


Emma I have used Pretty Sweet too, the handmade flowers were just made from fringed paper and the image was coloured with Distress inks.

Ruth: I've broken with tradition and gone for Fairy Flutterby Maggie stamp which has been coloured with Promarkers. It's not often I make an easel card as I'm hopeless with getting things straight, so I made a larger centre panel and it all worked fine! Papers are from Pretty Sweet and I've made my own flowers with raffia and lots of glue!



Claire I used lots of Polka Doodles stamps to create my picture, and my flowers are punched Polka doodles papers from the simply sweet cd with fimo centres. Coloured and inked with added pearly doodles.




Good luck with the challenge - you have until Sunday 16 October at 12noon GMT to get your entry in and please remember our rules!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers and wonderful designs from the DT - thanks for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards shown are bee-utiful. Entered my Rose Creations card.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design team work. Had so much fun making this card. I shall be coming again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous DT inspiration, thanks for the great challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope this is ok thanks for the challenge, great work everyone. Janet T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this challenge. Your blog is very inspiring. Beautiful cards from everyone. Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to get the simply sweet characters having seen these gorgeous creations.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great challenge - love making my own flowers. I think I will have to get the Simply Sweet CD after seeing the lovely cards made by Team Doodle. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Handmade stuff is always spot on i hope you will add some more decent cards.
    print loyalty card
    Hotel Key Card

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!