Friday 14 October 2011

Week 41 Challenge - Ribbons and Bows

Hello there, welcome to a new week and a new challenge, this time your challenge has been set by me, Emma. So, this week, it is nice and easy, you can use any image, any colours and any style, just use ribbons and bows to embellish.

Now for the winners announcement of Challenge 39 which was Birthday Cards with a number:


First Place: Jane B
Second Place: Inkypinkycraft
Third Place: Nelly S

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your blinkies! The first placed winner receives a download from Polkadoodles.

Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:


1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.


3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.


5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

The challenge is open until Sunday 23 October at 12noon GMT and any entries that do not follow our challenge rules will not be eligible for any prizes so please read them carefully!

If you want more detail on how the Design Team have created their projects, just click on their name and you'll be taken to their blog.

Audrey... For this card I used the CD Pretty Sweet. I did some stitching around the edges and used ribbon from my stash for the bow. A very clean and simple card.




Emma, hello, I have used a gorgeous Garden Neighbours stamp this time, stamped onto kraft paper and coloured with pencils. The backing paper is from the Sundae of Seasons Cd and the sentiment is Sensational Sentiments. Embellished with some co-ordinating ribbon, peel off stitching, glitter glue and Doodle Dewdrops.




Louise: For my card this week I have used the new mini CD called Pretty sweet and the designs are very sweet.I have coloured my image with copics and added a little ribbon and bow. The sentiment is from the sensational sentiment set.




Tracie: For my card this week I used a girl from Magical Winter part two. She was coloured with promarkers and the ever gorgeous wink of stella glitter pens


Lis-m Seems everyone loves the new Pretty Sweet cd. I love them so much, they are so girly, just up my street! The sentiment is from the cd...






Enfys: My card is BIG - 8 x8 and I printed the carol singers from Magical Winter to fit, and added quite a wide ribbon. I used glitter letter stickers to spell out the words on their songsheets, and gave them all a pompom on their hats. The inked edges are dark green chalk ink - looks a bit brown in the photo......







Claire For my Kraft gift bag I have used one of those gorgeous Pretty Sweet girls along with sentiment and paper from the cd. I have coloured her with Promarkers and used my ribbon to create hair bows!






Colette - Another Pretty Sweet card, the papers and images are just so hard to resist! The flowers are made from punches, the ribbon is narrow silk ribbon from stash, which is curled and held in place with little gems.




Fliss - For my card I too have used the adorable new Pretty Sweet CD and have chosen a patchwork effect. I trimmed squares of the gorgeous rosebud paper with pinking shears and added faux stitching. I finished off with the lovely Amelia and her basket of roses cut out with an oval cutter on a pink dotty paper mat and a wired ribbon bow.



Miria For my card I used a lovely Pretty Sweet again, coloured with Distress. The papers are from the same cd, the sentiment is handwritten, ribbon, doily and pearls from stash.



Josie: This week I used the Image and backing papers from the Pretty Sweet CD Rom. I used the clear Wink of Stella pen to high light her bows, and then covered in Glossy accents. I coloured the image, sentiment, flowers and ribbons with Pro Markers.








Ruth: I too have used Pretty Sweet cd - the papers and image are both from the cd. A bit of faux stitching added plus some ribbons and that's it!





Alan: Papers used are from SUGAR BIRDIES and DOUBLE SPRINKLES
The Owls were from the cd SUGAR BIRDIES.
I secured the Owls onto their own tag and then after punching a hole l threaded lost of ribbon through it. The ribbon at the bottom was just a short piece of cord knotted each end then a smaller ribbon wrapped round it. The images were not coloured in just printed out and then carefully cut out. Each owl had its own pocket. All the edges of the papers were inked with a distressing ink.



Good luck with the challenge and please remember our rules! Closing date is Sunday 23 October at 12noon GMT
*****


10 comments:

  1. Wow! It`s not often i`m first to post, lol. Fabulous inspiration from the DT. Have a great weekend. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thank you a great challenge x gorgeous DT cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a fab challenge ,
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Entered my Candy Corn Trick or Treat Box that I used an orange ribbon on to tie it closed.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work from all the DT !Such a variety of wonderful images all expertly coloured and very inspirational !
    Hugs
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful stuff from the DT! :0) And a lovely challenge theme too. Smiles.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the DT inspiration as always!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful challenge and AMAZING creativity from the DT's. Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous cards guys,love the images,hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only recently bought my first CD, so i thought i would enter the challenge!!
    Love all the designs from the DT team.
    Off to link my blog.

    Andrea.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!