Friday 2 September 2011

Week 35 Challenge - Autumn Leaves

Hi, folks. Welcome to Polka Doodles! Miria's here, this week's challenge is up to me and I've chosen "Autumn Leaves" as a theme. Maybe it's a little bit early to think about this season. Summer is not over yet, especially here in Italy where I live but you don't need to choose an autumn subject, you can do it if you like it or you can just use autumn leaves colours - orange, green, brown or even gold.

Have a look at my teamies' gorgeous creations below and you'll surely be inspired!

The top three from challenge 33 which was Single Layer Cards are:

First Place: Lisa Jane Second Place: Mel H Third Place: Jacqui
Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your blinkies! The first placed winner receives a download and please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

If you want more detail on how the Design Team have created their projects, just click on their name and you'll be taken to their blog. Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 11 September at 12noon GMT.

Miria I made a twisted easel-card. I've chosen this cute scarecrow from Sundae of Seasons, coloured it with Promarkers and Distress, the papers and the leaves are from the same CD. The sentiment is handmade with Kureatake Zig Calligraphy. I added buttons and rafia from stash.





Ruth: I've made a simple layered autumn wreath by cutting out lots of individual leaves from Sundae of Seasons. All the leaves have been added with glue or foam pads to add extra depth.



Enfys: I thought I would make a card in keeping with the Autumn season, the start of the new school year - this little girl looks as if she is wearing school uniform I think. I added some black stitching (fake, did you guess?) and a couple of apples which I coated with glossy accents to make them ever more yummy looking. All the elements are from Sundae of Seasons


Emma - hello there, I have used papers and a gorgeous image from Magical Winter Part One Cd Rom to create my card this time. I coloured the image with Letraset Aquamarkers. The sentiment is from the Fairy Flutterby stamps.




Fliss: I really enjoyed this challenge as I'm an Autumn girl at heart and my creation was inspired by the stunning colours of turning leaves. I've coloured the sweet girl from the A Double Sprinkle Of Kraft CD with a mix of Promarkers and Prisma pencils and then cut the image with an oval cutter and added a green mat. I used a gorgeous ribbon paper from the Sundae Of Seasons CD and acorns from the Autumn section which I coloured with Promarkers. I finished off with a greeting from the Sensational Sentiments stamp set.





Audrey... For this Autumn candle I used the CD All Around And Everywhere. I printed out the leaves on Safmat and I used my S.U. punch and stamp for the tag. I thought this would be the perfect hostess gift for Thanksgiving.






Hi Daniele here with this weeks challenge, I took the title literally and used lots of leaves to create this wreath, I was going to colour them all but decided to print and cut them out instead as I have used quite a few, I used the CD Sundaes of Seasons for the images, papers and borders, I used a die for the matching buttons and added doodled stitching to the edges.The sentiment and stitched circle is from the set of stamps called Stamp Doodles Sentiments.




Dee: I made my card using images and papers from a Sundae of seasons CD this week. A few buttons, crochet thread and ink finish off this quick project.








Hello from me Louise and my card this week as an Autumn feel there is definetly a change in the weather here. For my card I have used the young lady from Magical winter part one and teamed her with leaves from the Sundae of seasons Cd the sentiment is from this fab set here.




Colette I have made an easel card using one of the girl images from Magical Winter CD1, I've re-coloured her to make her more Autumnal, the wall is made from paper on the Not For Girls CD and everything else comes from Sundae of Seasons, I have layered up the sunflowers, the girl and the bird, and added some orange glitter, I wanted something more coppery, but this was all I had. I have also decoupaged the buttons on the sentiment and then covered them with glossy accents.




This is Diane saying 'Hi' to you all and showing you my sample for this week's challenge, which focuses on the colours of Autumn. I've used the scarecrow image from the Sundae of Seasons CD and the base layer of polka dot paper is also from that CD. I hope you like it!


Claire: Had great fun getting inky with this one. Used A Sundae of Seasons to create my autumnal tag along with some triple embossing and some flowersoft.


Lou: Something different from me this week as I have made 2 canvases using the colours from Autumn as my focus which are based upon our family visit to the Guinness factory. Being Irish, you could say it has become a bit of a pilgrimage!! All background papers are from the "Not for Girls" CD as there is a fabulous selection of bazzill inspired papers on there. I have miniturised some of the sentiment papers and then using Safmat created collage effects with words and photos of us all. Everything of course mat and layered onto that fab paper design. Lots of torn edges and no embellishments either!


Good luck with the challenge - you have until 12noon GMT to enter on Sunday 11 September.
*****



4 comments:

  1. Wow, what fabulous creations from everyone. I just love the colours of Autumn.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow - thanks for picking me as winner . another fab challenge this week and i love the autumnal colours and projects from the DT
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creative creations from all the DT !
    well done everyone !
    Hugs
    susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya there Peeps,

    How are you all?

    Amazing and very varied Dt projects, such an inspiration!

    Take care
    Big Hugs
    Casper
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!