Friday 9 September 2011

Week 36 Challenge - Setting the Scene

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge! The theme this week is:

Setting The Scene

We want to see a scene in your creation and I think its got the Design Team in a festive frame of mind!

The top three from challenge 34 which was Spots and Dots are:

First Place: Shelby
Second Place: Lou Mac
Third Place: DaisyLou

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your blinkies! The first placed winner receives a download and please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

If you want more detail on how the Design Team have created their projects, just click on their name and you'll be taken to their blog. Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 18 September at 12noon GMT.

Ruth: For some reason I've never used this template before from Paper Boutique Vol 2 - Creative Christmas. So here it is! I chopped the card down as I only wanted the fireplace bit on it. A bit of sparkly stuff in the fire with all the elements layered with foam pads and the card is complete!

Daniele, ohhhhh I've had a play with some of the scene stamps from Polka Doodles, the set I used is called Garden Neighbours and they now come in clear which makes it so much more easier I think for masking and layering up these cuties. The sentiment and flowers are also stamps. I coloured the image with Prisma Pencils,and layered up the trees and roof for added dimension. The papers are from the CD Sundae of SeasonsI've used lots of Stardust stickles for bling......so love my glitter!


Emma Hello there, I used the very gorgeous Garden Neighbours stamp plate to create my little scene and added a few Doodle Dewdrops to embellish.


Fliss - I've decided to share one of my Magical Winter CD set Christmas cards which is a tent style card with Santa's workshop on show at the back. The card was made using one of the lovely papers from the CD set and has a cut out Santa, red nosed reindeer and a pile of presents to decorate the outer frame edges together with one of the lovely sentiment panels.


Lou:


Ashley...I used the Daisy Doodles stamp set to create my little scene, I just love those cute ladybirds and the little owls, they create such a cute card...


Lis-m .. I have used Double sprinkles of Kraft for my dotty paper, and the fab Neighbours stamp for my scene, coloured with my Promarkers, and added a couple of flowers and buttons to embellish


Claire - I decided to try a bit of Mixed media ( full description on my blog) using stamps from the Daisy doodles and neighbours range. A first try of my Bind it all to create a notebook....played and played - great fun!


Louise For my card this week I have used the Magical Winter Cd and printed out the background in colour but the Bear and log in black and white so I could do some colouring and then I have gone a bit crazy with glitter for a wintery look.


Josie: This was my first time using the Magical Winter CD Rom and I absolutely loved it!! I has such fun looking through them. The striped and dotted paper is from the cd rom as is the digi image. I coloured this using Pro Markers and Flexi Markers. I added Cosmic Shimmer Glitter for the effect of snow. For the snowflake, I printed the snow flake images from the cd rom. I turned the paper over and on a light box went over the shape with a glue pen. I added the cosmic shimmer glitter and then covered in glossy accents. When dried I cut it out.


MiriaThis week I'm back to gorgeous Magical Winter part one for paper and elf image, the tree is from Christmas fun clear stamps, all of them coloured with Promarkers. I added some glitter and flower soft as a final touch.


Colette I have made up a little scene using elements from both Magical Winter part 1 and Magical Winter part 2, and covered it with a Hunky Dory snow globe filled with beads, snowflake sequins and glittery stuff. I made a scalloped frame using paper from same CD's and attached the whole thing to a rocker card, again using paper from the CD's. The snowflake is made from a mix of Marianne Creatables snowflake dies, covered in glamour dust, a silver punched snowflake and a gem added to the centre.

Good luck with the challenge! Deadline for entries is Sunday 18 September at 12noon GMT.
******

7 comments:

  1. Thank You for the fun challenge to play along with here! Love all the beautiful creations the DT made here too!
    Hugs, heidi brawley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [10 Sep 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so wanting it to be Autumn here in Central TX so for setting my scene I entered an Autumn scrapbook layout.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work from all the DT ! well done everyone !
    hugs
    susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please delete my entry (Michaela no. 15 ). Sorry, I pressed wrong button and it did not upload properly.

    Thank you

    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for choosing my card!!! I'm so flattered. The DT work is amazing as always. Nikky..sent an email through. Thanks again
    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh! love this weeks challenge so thought i would have a go!!! hope you like my card!!
    Fab work from the Dt by the way :-))))

    Nelly

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!