Friday 26 August 2011

Week 34 Challenge - Spots & Dots

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge! This week I (Ruth) am your hostess again and as it is the last Friday of the month the Polkadoodle Design team get to play with the non Polkadoodle stamps that they have and to team them with Polkadoodle papers!

My challenge to you is to use:

Spots and Dots

Before I show you the Design Teams creations, I need to announce the top three from challenge 32 which was Good Luck.

First Place: Neli
Second Place: Deanne
Third Place: Pinky

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your blinkies! The first placed winner receives a download and please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Now onto the Design Team samples and inspiration! If you want more detail on how their projects have been created, just click on their name and you'll be taken to their blog. Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 4 September at 12noon GMT.

Ruth: I've used a wonderful image from Jellypark, coloured it with Aquamarkers and used off cuts of paper from a previous project (or two) from Sundae of Seasons. I've added a doodled border and some buttons and twine from my stash.
Enfys: My printer has gone on strike, so I had to rummage around in my box of Polkadoodle goodies to see what I could find, and out popped this blue and pink cardstock, printed from the Sundae of Seasons CD, and a sheet of anonymous sentiments from ??? - but every Polkadoodles CD has fabulous sentiments, so you can easily find some. I used a Penny Black hedgie stamp, a Martha Stewart border punch and some paper flowers


Emma Hello there, this week I have used my favourite Magnolia stamp as my stashbox choice. I have used papers from the Sundae of Seasons CD for the background and to make the scrunchy flower. I coloured with Letraset Aquamarkers. The sentiment is from Polkadoodles Sensational Sentiments rubber stamp plate.

Nikky...For this fab challenge I used a backing paper from Magical Winter and my Gorjuss stamps. You can see how I made the icicles on my blog, I am in luuurve with the technique!

Audrey... For this Stamp Box challenge I used the CD Sundae Of Seasons. The stamps are from the $1 bin at Michaels. I used Copics to color the stamps and did some paper piecing and Classic Scalloped Circle Nesties to cut it out. I also used my S.U. Corner ticket punch for the corners of the paper.

Louise For the challenge this week I have used the Cd All around and everywhere and found some gorgeous papers with dots and spots on. I have added a little glossy accents to the flags on the paper and also cut some of the flags out and made a banner for the top of my card. I have used Tilda with a balloon to make it a birthday card.


Fliss - I've made a very chic and stylish Parisien themed card with some elegant dotty paper from the Paper Boutique Vol 3 CD and a dotty border from the A Double Sprinkle Of Kraft CD. I used a multitude of stamps from my stash and as you can see, I stamped on the background paper - something you can do with quite a lot of the paler papers which gives you a lot more options. I simply added a kraft mat to my main image and inked the edges of the background paper to finish.


Daniele, here thought I'd use one of my favourite Penny Black stamps for this weeks stash box challenges the delish spots and dot papers are from The Double Sprinkle and The Sundaes of Seasons CD, love the blue and brown colour combo, I added doodling around the edges.


Lis-m : I have used Papers from the "double sprinkles of kraft" cd to create this coffee and cream colour combo card. The circles are cut out with my nesties, and a couple of flowers and card candi to finish




Claire: I have used elements from the Polkadoodles Double sprinkle of Kraft cd for my card alongside that fab mushroom house from the new magical winter cd. Just adding some raffia and a wooden button.


Colette - I've used papers from All around and everywhere and Candy Doodles CD's to make my card, ribbon and flowers from stash finish it off.


Miria This week I went Christmassy again: this LOTV image matches perfectly with this paper from Magical Winter cd, the spotty papers are from Double Sprinkles of Kraft cd.




Tracie: I used an image from double sprinkles of Kraft (even on a off week I cant stop using nikkys images!). The paper is from Wonderland CD and it was coloured using art and graphic pens


Good luck with the challenge and please remember our rules - closing date is 12noon GMT Sunday 4 September.
*****

2 comments:

  1. What inspiring cards by the team! Spots and dots are a favorite of mine -- Thanks so much for the great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning DT cards as usual ladies :o)

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!