Saturday, 1 August 2026

Challenge 8 wk 1 - Craft, Card Making, scrapbooking challenge - Anything Goes

  Welcome to our Craft & Card Making Challenge!

Ready to get creative? This month’s challenge theme is anything goes, and you’ve got a full four weeks to play along!
We love seeing what you make, so this challenge is all about having fun, getting crafty and sharing your handmade projects with our lovely community. Whether you’re brand new to crafting or a long-time card maker, everyone is welcome — and because one of our prizes is chosen at random, everyone has a fair chance to win 🎉

You can enter any handmade project, in any style, using any theme — as long as it’s made by you. Cards, scrapbook pages, mixed media, tags… we want to see it all!

Even better? You can enter up to four times each month with four different projects, so don’t hold back!

🏆 Prize 1 – Random Winner
One lucky entry will be selected at random to win a $20 Polkadoodles store credit. Spend it on anything you like — yes, even physical products!
🏆 Prize 2 – Design Team Picks
Our team will also choose their top two favourite entries from across the four weeks.

Each of these winners will receive a $10 Polkadoodles store credit.
That’s $40 in prizes every single month — just for doing what you love 💖
This blog challenge is sponsored by Polkadoodles Crafts - check out the store and take a peek at the
LATEST POLKADOODLES RELEASES!


So let's see what the team have made to inspire us this week!


Bea - I love mixed media so I also had a play with the lovely MDF products from Polkadoodles crafting. These boards & tags are absolutely fabulous for creating home decor pieces with lots of layers. Perfect for your wall, bookcase or to give as gifts. I have given this one to a young lady going through stressful exams! The background has texture paste through the Boho Blooms stencil, coloured with ink and drybrushed with white paint to soften it. For the layers I used the hearts & foliage from the Hearts & Flowers mdf pack (decorated with paint, texture paste and gilding flakes) then added the beautiful flowers & leaves from the Delicate Daisy die set. Finally, I added a few gemstones, a bit of lace from my stash and a sentiment from the Sentiment Strip stamps, then a few white paint splatters completed the piece. I like this because it is mixed media but not grungy. Products available from : https://www.polkadoodles.co.uk/


Bev - Hi everyone! I created this lovely Summer Garden Planter using various PD products and dies.
Products Used :
I coated the large scallop board with cream acrylic paint, then using the perfect poppies dash lines stencil on its side, inked through with brown ink, overlapping as I went and then rotating it in the opposite direction to give a trellis effect.
 
I covered the small scallop frame centre board with paper and used a couple of strips of cardboard to make the sides and bottom to give a 3d effect and assembled the pieces to make the planter
  
I cut a variety of flowers and leaves and coloured them with acrylic markers, these where then placed in the planter at various heights. I finished the project using the hello die and made drop shadow using some of the paper pad. Hope you like it! Follow me on Facebook here

Enrica - Hi everyone, happy Saturday! Paper wallets are always a great option for students, they can hold bookmarks, little stationery and, why not, notes for the upcoming tests! For my project I colored with Copic the sweet Cute Girl with stationery digital stamp, as well as the books on the inside from the Object Digital Stamp and Printable Clipart Pack, the strip sentiment is from 'Graduation school student Sentiments Quotes. Here's the link to this amazing release. The Main patterned paper is from the Student/School Little Dude set.


Renske - For my Back to School project I used the adorable CUte Girl with Glasses digital stamp as the focal point and coloured her with alcohol markers in a warm school-inspired colour palette. The front was layered with patterned papers from the Graduation School student paper bundle. I used the lined paper for the front and the other patterned papers on the inside. I used the sentiment Student en this is the beginning of anything van de set Graduation School student sentiment set. The challenge was to make a wallet, but it turned mostly into a map. I created a interactive wallet/map with a diagonal pocket, card slots and removable inserts. It is perfect for holding a gift card or cash. All the patterned papers are from the same set. This fun project is ideal for celebrating a new school year, graduation or in any new adventure. I hope you like it. Happy Crafting.
My blog: https://renskewishesyou.com
My Instagram: @renske.wishes.you
Facebook: Renske.wishes.you
Pinterest: Renske.wishes.you



Jenn - When I saw the challenge to create a paper wallet, I knew I wanted to use an origami style paper folding rather than trying to use adhesives or glue to put it together. I ended up using a tutorial that I found on You Tube at this link and it worked perfectly! I decided to create a wallet for a high school or college student, focusing on coffee! I started by printing out a piece of digi paper full size on a sheet of regular copy paper. I followed the instructions in the video and had a paper wallet within minutes! I then printed out the Latte cup 3 times, with a different type of beverage printed on the front of each one. I colored them and fussy cut. I printed out the sentiment and used a stitched edge nesting die to cut that out, attached to the front of the wallet along with one of the latte cups. I then die cut 2 gift-card sized pieces of kraft cardstock and added the extra latte cups to them, making them look like gift cards in the wallet. I added some cash to the inside and a few rhinestone stickers to the front to finish it off. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how cute it came out!
Links to products:
Clipart & Digistamps
Sentiments used
 

Revati - Get ready for the new school year with this adorable mini gift card holder! For this back-to-school project, I crafted the main wallet base using a pretty pink digital paper printed from the Spring Tons of Love Paper Pack. The charming focal point features the Girl Student with Book Satchel digi stamp, brought to life using vibrant Ohuhu Alcohol Markers. To add an uplifting touch, I decorated the front with encouraging phrases selected from the Graduation School Student Sentiments Bundle, finishing it off by tucking a gift card perfectly inside for an inspiring gift! I Would love it if you could follow me on social media:
Blog - https://rpshutterbug.com/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/rp_shutterbug/
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@rp_shutterbug


Nelly - It’s a new month! …where does the time go! The team was tasked to create a wallet with a back to school theme, this inspired me to make my granddaughter a stationary wallet for when she starts school In September, it’s not hard as it looks to create, it’s jus A4 card scored into a trifold and I die cut one edge. I used the stack of books object and sentiment from the graduation collection here. So cute! 


🌟 Gorgeous Inspiration, big thanks to the team!

Winners from Challenge 7

🏆 PRIZE 1: $20 Voucher

for one Random Winner to spend in the Polkadoodles store – on anything you wish, including physical products!

67 Alice K

Congratulations! To claim: Please contact us via the website CHAT on the homepage, quoting code: PDWK08001
1. Claim MUST be received by 14 August 2026.
2. Claims are processed in a batch approx every 30 days - at busy times it can take longer. Winners will receive an email reply - please DO NOT KEEP EMAILING if you don't have a reply during this time. If you do not hear from us within 40 days please let us know.

🏆 PRIZE 2: $10 Voucher for 2 lucky winners
voted our Top 2 favourite entries from across the 4 weeks.

100 Michelle M

Congratulations! To claim: Please contact us via the website CHAT on the homepage, quoting code: PDWK08012
1. Claim MUST be received by 
14 August 2026.
2. Claims are processed in a batch approx every 30 days - at busy times it can take longer. Winners will receive an email reply - please DO NOT KEEP EMAILING if you don't have a reply during this time. If you do not hear from us within 40 days please let us know.

THANK YOU ALL for your entries - there were some amazing creations this month, it's always hard to just choose 3 winners!

Don't forget to join in our other challenges too -You could win more stash and as always our Challenges are **Anything Goes**
Click here to enter: Digi Choosday Blog
Click here to enter: Gem of a Challenge
Click here to enter: We Love 2 Create challenge

We will be back next week with more inspiration with the Design Team!

Check out the latest Polkadoodles releases & SHOP HERE

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!