Friday 28 September 2012

Week 39 - Favourite Holiday and Colour Teal

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge!  Don't forget that you can catch Rosemary Merry on Saturday at 12noon on Create and Craft demonstrating the brand new Studio 12 Picknix cd - Gingerbread Twist.  You won't want to miss the show as the cd is rather special!

This week we have a new challenge and the theme is:

Favourite Holiday and Add The Colour Teal

And to get you in the mood for Halloween the top three placed entries from this challenge will each receive a copy of the Polly Wichydoodles Halloween bundle!  Don't forget to follow our rules which are below! 
Before we have a look at the Design Team samples, we need to announce the top three from Challenge 37 which was 'Ice Cream Colours'.   We had some stunning entries and its been difficult to choose a top three, but without further ado they are:

First Place: A £5 voucher to spend at Polkadoodles - Twisted Witch - Please use verification code PD1W3937
Second Place: Carole
Third Place: Anna

Congratulations to you all! Twisted Witch, please email Nikky for your prize and you can all grab your blinkies from the sidebar.  Please remember to put your verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email. For all prize winners, you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.

 
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:
1. Please follow the challenge theme!

2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section

The challenge ends on Sunday 7 October at 12noon GMT.

Now onto the Design Team creations!
Ruth:  I've used papers from Here Come Christmas cd along with the cute tag.  I've used my own template for the stocking and added a fair amount of glitter glue to the top!  Used a Marianne Creatables snowflake die with vellum and bits and bobs from my stash.


Lucy ~ My favourite colour is teal/turquoise so adding this in was easy! I don't celebrate, but christmas/winter is my favourite time of year! I made the tag with paints and cosmic sprays. The backing paper and digi image are from the Magical Winter CD Rom and is coloured in with Pro Markers and Flexi Markers.


Miria I used this lovely image from Here comes Christmas once again, I coloured it with Kuretake Zig Art&Graphic Twin. Papers and sentiments are from the same cd, I added a distressed doily and gems.


Anne - I used Gingerbread Twist  to make some  quick print and go Christmas cards with matching tags.  


and a little box to put them in


Fliss - I'm still on a Christmas card roll so decided to make a cute shaped card with some gorgeous teal paper and the adorable deer from the Here Comes Christmas CD. I think he looks a little shy and sheepish. I cut my card blank using a large die and one from the same set to cut the backing paper. I then embossed a white die cut oval with hearts for the cut out deer and embellished with Marianne Design die cut fir and a sentiment from the CD with a bakers twine tie.



Norine - While Fall isn't exactly a holiday/occasion unto itself, it brings with it birthdays, my anniversary, and my very favorite holiday, Thanksgiving!  And the cooler temps herald something to celebrate, so I used an image from the Sundae of Seasons (Autumn) cd, and paper from the Pretty Tuff cd to make this fun fall card.

Clare - It has to be Christmas for me!!!. I used this gorgeous wintery scene from the Picknix Collection 2 Gingerbread Twist. The sentiment was from the Here Comes Christmas CD. I have used White Pom Pom ribbonRed Berry Doodle Dew Drops  on the Christmas tree and finished off with Diamond Stickles.

Ashley:  I love love love Christmas time. So for this challenge I was thrilled to incorporate one of my favorite colors into my card. I used the adorable ginger couple , sentiment and papers
From the Picknix Gingerbread twist cd Rom :) this cd is beyond amazing and is perfect for the holiday season!!!! 

Good luck with the challenge and don't forget our rules!  Deadline for entries is Sunday 7 October at 12noon GMT.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my Nicky you saved a card this week with your choice of challenge lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so lovely dont know how you choose. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Thank you very much for you lovely challenge. I had fun. Love all your amazing creations! xx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!