Friday 7 September 2012

Week 36 - What's The Word Bird?

Hello folks, Friday is here yet again so it's time for a new challenge here on Polka Doodles.The theme for this week is What's The Word Bird? A great theme for you to get ahead with those Christmas creations!

We're hoping that you caught Nikky's shows on Create and Craft last Saturday with the launch of the brand new Studio 12 Picknix Collection 2 CD - Gingerbread Twist. If you missed it then pop over to the Creative Team Blog for some stunning samples, if you did see it you'll find some fabulous inspiration there anyway!

Before we have a look at the Design Team samples, we need to announce the top three from Challenge 34 which was 'Stitching'. You all rocked this challenge but unfortunately we can only have 3 winners. The lucky ladies are: 
First Place: - Deanne @ Three Trees - Please use verification code PD1W3634
Second Place: - Susan Martin
Third Place: - E. T.

Congratulations to you all! Deanne, please email Nikky for your prize and you can all grab your blinkies from the sidebar.
Please remember to put your verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email. For all prize winners, you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.


We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1. Please follow the challenge theme!

2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles

3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry

4. And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting

5. If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section



Now for the Design Team inspiration which we're sure you'll love as there are some very varied creations here, even with the number of robins on show!

NJ - I have made my card this week using the Candy Doodles Collector's Edition CD I printed the birds on the tree and coloured using Letraset Promarkers I printed the bird backing paper to fit the card blank and cut the edges with scalloped scissors. I have used a Marianne Design Die but I wanted to use the negative just to be different!LOL

Fabiola- For my project I have created a card with an image from the Sugarplum Daisy CD, the papers are also from the same collection. I have colored my image with Promarkers, I added some flowers, a feather, brads and pom pom trim from my stash.

Fliss - My card for this week is one of the samples I made for Nikky using elements all from the brand new and gorgeous Studio 12 Picknix Collection 2 - Gingerbread Twist CD. I just adore this gorgeous robin and made him pop by inking the edges with Black Soot Distress ink and added more inking and embossing for added texture. All details of how I made the card are on my blog.

Kitty -For my card i have used the fabby new Studio12 CD - Gingerbread Twist! I designed it in in CraftArtist and made some elements (the bow & robin) 3d with foam pads. Traditonal & simple.

Claire - I've made a simple stepper card using the fantastic Here Comes Christmas CD and the image Snow Race by Emma Canning. The images have all been coloured with Promarkers. I drew an igloo onto card and then simply cut some "ice blocks" from card, inked the edges with Distress Inks and shaped them with an embossing tool before mounting onto my sketch with Pinflair Glue. The snowdrifts are of course torn paper that has been inked with DI's. To finish I ran Stickles Glitter Glue along the edges of the blocks and snowdrifts.

Claire : Oh my! I just love the new Christmas cd from Nikky - Here comes Christmas, jam packed with festive gorgeousness. How about this adorable Robin and lovely tree just so lovely! Coloured with Promarkers and some lovely Stampendous shaved ice for the snow.

Shell- For my card this week I've used the brill Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 and have used the In The Garden section. The bird houses have been coloured with copics. I then simply added a few pearls and some ribbon.


You have until 12 noon on Sunday 16 September to enter and please don't forget to check the rules. Good luck!

.....................................




7 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winners and what a great array of beautiful creations for the next challenge so beautifully done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It nevers ceases to amaze me how many different variations can be made from one idea or sketch. I love it!! Thanks to this weeks DT for all their ideas on a theme

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ladies - all of your creations are so very varied and all so truly wonderful!!

    Fantastic inspiration from you all... smiles.

    Hugs n HaPPy Crafting!
    Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great inspiration from the Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another fun challenge with amazing inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a great challenge - I have added my link, hopefully it will come up soon : http://meighanwheller.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/head-over-heels.html

    Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!