Friday 3 June 2011

Week 22 Challenge - Stashbox Stamps - Secret Theme

**important notice**
Due to problems with Blogger not allowing comments and problems on image uploads over the last week, we have decided to extend the Blog Hop deadline to Sun 12th June to allow those of you who did have issues to have another go (we believe the problem is with Internet Explorer rather than blogger so try downloading Google Chrome or using Firefox if you can!) - so get those entries in or if you missed it last week now's your chance, there is STACKS of candy to be had so don't forget to leave comments on the blogs to be in with a chance!

Is it Friday already?! Time for another Polkadoodle challenge! The challenge and blog hop from last week is still running, so if you've not yet entered then you've got until 12noon GMT on 12 June to enter! Plenty of prizes to be won along the way - click here to get started!

Apologies if the Design Team have not managed to leave comments on your blogs but when using Internet Explorer, sometimes Blogger will not allow comments to be left! Hopefully all issues will be resolved soon!

This week the challenge is to make something with a Secret - either a hidden message or image - if you are stuck for ideas have a look at the inspiration provided by the Design Team below!

The top three from challenge 20 which was anything but a card are:

First Place: Nana
Second Place: Rikka
Third Place: Mandy

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your blinkies! The first placed winner receives a download and please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Good luck with this week's challenge - the closing date is Sunday 12 June at 12noon GMT.

Ruth: I've used the wonderful and versitile tool box template from Paper Boutique Vol3. All the tools can be removed from the pouches and they are double sided - really easy to print off and cut out! The image is Handyman George from Charmed Cards and Crafts.


D'Anne - I created this Wiper Card using papers from the One Lumper Two collection from the Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition CD and SU Frolicking Frogs set. I colored the stamped image with ProMarkers. Want to make this fun card? Stop by my blog for instructions.




Fliss: I was doubly challenged with this one as I ran out of printer ink so decided to do some stamping (my first love lol!). I got rather creative and made my own papers with the Daisy Doodles stamp set and had loads of fun with layered stamping - pop over to my blog if you'd like to see how I did it as it's really easy peasy. I've used the gorgeous mannequins from the Sundae Of Seasons CD, one of which is stamped on and added lace, braid and buttons plus an altered flower to finish. My secret is a pocket with a pretty tag inside.




Emma Hiya, this week, I altered an old soap box to make it into a gift box holding a secret gift for my sister. I covered the box in the eau d'nil coloured polkadot paper from the Sundae of Seasons CD. I then painted the edges with white acrylic paint dabber. My stamp choice is a sentiment rubber stamp by Anitas, stamped onto the polkadot paper and layered onto silver mirri card. I finished off by adding some punchout trim and a swing tag made from twine, a distressed ticket, a grungy flower and some beads.



Colette - For my card with a secret I used papers from Paper Boutique Vol III, and a Penny Black stamp, coloured with Promarkers. I used a nestie to cut the frame that my stamped image is attached to, and added flowers, gems and ribbon from stash to finish it off. Inside the card is a little pocket, with a tag with some instructions for the recipient to follow to get their birthday message. The tag and inspiration for the card came from here


My secret is how you get the message from the card.

Lis-m This week I used the double sprinkles of Kraft cd, and created a sliding tag card. Just pull up the tag to reveal the secret message.



Enfys: I couldn't find a stamp that was more perfect for my project than these digi stamps from the Sundae of Seasons CD. The secret element is that when you pull the drawer out....................................

a little gift card holder pops up, with room at the back to write your message
Audrey For this CAS card I used the adorable Double Sprinkles Of Kraft CD. I only used 1 patterned paper for this card because I was going for a nice clean look. One of the reasons why I love Polka Doodles so much is that you can go as simple or fancy as you want because they have everything. I used my S.U. Something Sweet stamp set with S.U. Real Red ink and a treat cup filled with jelly beans. For the border I used my M.S. punch. The secret on my card is the hearts hidden underneath the jelly beans.

Claire I have created an ity bity project this week combining elements from Paper boutique Vol 1, Sundae of Seasons alongside a gorgeous girl stamp. Stamped image coloured with Promarkers and all tied together with some fab printed ribbon. I have a secret message hiden behind my doors.....




Josie : This week I used the Sprinkle of Kraft CD Rom for the main image and the Kraft backing paper. The smaller image is from the Sugar Birdies CD Rom. I turned the smaller image in to a bookmark using some glitter card and the lovely twine. On the backing paper I used some Doodle Dewdrops and on the main image I used some Cosmic Shimmer Glitter. The little book mark slips in behind the main image!





Good luck with the challenge! You have until 12noon GMT Sunday 12 June to enter.
*****

5 comments:

  1. hiya sweetie
    what a lovely creation the DT ladies have made
    have a great weekend to all
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness,your DT rock!!!! Amazing inspiration!!!
    I've been having the commenting problem for weeks but thanks to a lovely blogger,I'm now back ! All that needs to be done is to Un-tick the keep me signed in box and hey presto! Don't know why but it's solved it for me and several friends also,just having to sign in at the beggining of each session instead! Hope that lots of people read this and it helps them too!
    Will be back later for a closer look at those DT makes,Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow....how amazing are those creations. So many to put on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, girls for picking my project! E-mail sent and congratz ot the other ladys!

    hugs Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Secret compartments - great challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!