Friday 3 September 2010

Week 35 Challenge - Shaped Card

Welcome to another Polkadoodle Challenge! The weeks are certainly flying by and before we know it Christmas will be here! This week it is my turn (Ruth) to host the challenge and I've asked the Design Team to use pick one from a choice of three of the brand new templates which were released in July. The templates that I asked them to use were Baking / Gardening Theme, Twittie-Twoo and Hugo Pandapaws.

So my challenge to you is to create a shaped card. I don't want to see squares, rectangles or circles but something unusual. If you are a little short of inspiration, have a look at the samples the Design Team have created for you!

But before we get that far, here are the top three from Challenge 33 which was Fliss' Vintage theme:

First Place: AmeliaSecond Place: MarianneThird Place: Jacky

Congratulations! Please contact Nikky for further details!

If you want to join in with our Shaped Card challenge, there are a few little rules that need to be followed to be eligible for a top three spot. Please follow the theme, enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges (including Polkadoodles) and link up before Sunday 12 September at 12noon GMT with the blue frog below. Simple!

Ruth: I've used the Hugo Pandapaws template and I've used hammered cream card and brown card, layering up the elements. I've added white gel pen highlights and also two large wobbly eyes. A really lovely template to use and it can be adapted for babies!


Kris: I used the apron template for this cute little invite to a holiday cupcake exchange. I did reduce it to 80% and cut the top on the fold of my invitation. All of the papers are from the Creative Christmas CD and the cupcake is from the Sugar Birdies CD. My sentiments are computer generated and I added a chipboard badge I found hiding in my stash to the upper pocket, some doodled stitching and some Christmas ribbon for the neck piece.



Enfys - Mine is a card made with Twittie Whoo. I put vellum for the lenses of her glasses, and gave her a couple of girlie touches. I just traced the main template onto folded cardstock, and cut around both layers, leaving the side uncut


Lou: I have used Hugo as my template and made a picture frame with him . . . for a girl! All the papers are from Candy Doodles CD.


I have added extra features to the face to add a little "cute" character feel. A big smile, blue eyes and those drop dead eyelashes. Finally finished with a little inking and faux stitching . . to make it look a little real (!). I even made a stand on the back so the frame can stand up properly . . I hope.

Tracy - I have used the apron template, and made it into a Gardening apron, the papers are from the All Around And Everywhere and the Candy Doodles CD's. The butterfly is from the Fairy Flutterfly stamp, Meeshelle.



Claire - I have used the apron template to make a note pad cover and added the gloves to a ribbon to tie the gift together with its stationery creating a gift tag. My papers are from the All around and Everywhere cd.

Dee: As I've been making samples for Nikky I have 2 cards that fit this weeks challenge, so I've decided to put them both on for your inspiration. The first card is using Hugo Panda Paws template, but I changed his ears to turn him into a dog. Well that was the idea anyway, I'm thinking he looks more like a rabbit now! All the papers and bits are from Paper Boutique Vol 2 and I printed onto pearlescent ink jet paper.
My second card is using the Baking Time template and once again I used Paper Boutique Vol 2 cd for the papers. This would be the perfect Christmas card if you have a keen baker in the family.

Fliss: Bit of an oops! here as I finished my project before I realised that the challenge was actually to make a shaped card but I thought it a shame not to show you what else you can make with the lovely Baking Time template. I've made a recipe folder from a blank kraft ring binder to hold my favourite baking recipes. I used the lovely papers from the Funky Flower section of the Paper Boutique CD combined with the scrummy strawberries from the Candy Doodles CD as the mouthwatering shades match up so well. A bit of trimming with my pinking shears adds a pretty decorative edge. More pics are on my blog.


Lisa - I guess the apron template was a popular choice this week because as you can see I have chosen to use it as well.  At first I was going to make it into a card but now I am so in love with the way it came out, I just might pop this little cutie onto a recipe journal for my daughter!  I used background paper from the Candy Doodles CD and I am so thrilled with the way this sweet little apron turned out, I am going to have to make another one!  Nikky Hall has done it again!  Super cute template and SO MUCH FUN to embellish!

Tracie: I used some colourful felt and the Twittie-Twoo template as a base to make this cute little monster notebook cover.


Good luck and don't forget the challenge entry rules - deadline is Sunday 12 September at 12noon GMT!
******

6 comments:

  1. what an amazing creation
    i just have to love them all
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING inspiration this week teamies, sorry I couldnt join in with this one! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've just linked my card
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for this challenge, all of the DT creations are gorgeous
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the DT designs ( the templates are fab idea ) and I love shaped cards so I am a happy (if tired) bunny tonight x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun challenge ladies. Glad to play along with you this week.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!