Friday 15 March 2013

Week 11 - Happy Easter

Good morning folks, Friday is here again and we have a new challenge for you.

If you're going to GNPE at Harrogate this weekend make sure you pop by the Polkadoodles stand where there are lots of yummy new goodies on offer including our latest new Digistamp Heaven collection, paper packs and all the new stamps, plus Nikky will be demonstrating the new Graph'It markers and Pan Pastels too - we think she'll be a busy girl at the show!

Before we give you all the details of this week's theme,  we need to announce the winners from the Week 9 challenge - Spring Flowers and you certainly loved this challenge but sadly there can only be 3 winners and here they are:

1st Place - Cass  - you win a Cherryblossom Lane CD and please use the code PD1W1109 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Scrappymax  - you also win a Cherryblossom Lane CD and please use the code PD2W1109
3rd Place - Dreamlaine  - you also win a Cherryblossom Lane CD and please use the code PD3W1109

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it! 

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


Now for the challenge and this week we would like to see your Easter creations - just take a look at all the fabulous goodies the Design Team have cooked up for your inspiration. We have some fab prizes this week too as the first prize winner will receive a Cherryblossom Lane CD and the two runners up a download
! 

Asha - My Easter offering for this week's challenge is made entirely with papers and image from the Cherryblossom Lane CD. Everything in this CD is irresistibly pretty, made extra special by Nikky's flawless colouring. I'm using a pre-coloured image of Maisie. Come summer, you can very easily dress her up in vibrant colours but for spring she'll remain a pastel beauty. To wrap up, I used purple gingham ribbon and 2 purple pearls.


Karon - Thinking cap on for this one, well a little.  The Cherryblossom Lane CD was my perfect choice for this weeks inspiration, as it's full of rabbits!  I chose to use Lily on her bicycle and made her basket a little 3D by printing it out twice, she is coloured with alcohol markers.  I made some little Easter eggs from the same papers that were used for the main backing papers (all from the same CD), and placed these in her basket.  Made a little banner and added some ribbon and a bow to finish her off.


Astrid - I made this Easter card with paper from the  Cherryblossom Lane CD, It's a great CD for papers and images and all the stuff you need for the Spring.
I have used the new image from Fall Love digi, Time for Tea  they are soo cute.
The flowers are from Marianne Design dies and the rest is made by myself. The paper doily and tags are from my stash.


Sally - This is my Easter Card made with an Emma Canning Digi, available from www.polkadoodle.co.uk. I used the bunny image and coloured him with my promarkers. I printed of some backing papers from the Double Sprinkle of Kraft CD cut a frame using a Sizzix die out of kraft card which I had in my crafty stash, punched out some flowers out of the backing papers, added a bow, button and sentiment.


Miria I made an easel card with this lovely new digis from Emma Canning available from Polka Doodles , I coloured the image with Zig Kurecolor, I also used glossy accents for the egg. Papers are from cd Sugarplum Daisy. I just added some washi tape, buttons and pearls.


Alethea - I don't usually make easter cards so found it a bit hard to be creative but finally decided to use this Emma Canning Image - Bunny, which you can get from Polkadoodles. I used an insert from the Cherryblossom Lane CD. I then added some easter eggs which I cropped and resized from the Emma Canning image - Happy Easter,  which is also available from Polka Doodles. I then just added some rhinestones and kindyglitz!!


Fliss - I've made a card with the cute Easter chicks by Emma Canning (aren't they just adorable) and had to hunt through my paper scraps for papers in Spring shades of yellow and green as a certain person home last weekend practically wiped out the coloured ink in my printer! I hit upon the idea of cutting the scraps into strips and hope you like the effect. The papers are from CDs too numerous to mention but it does give you an idea of how well they all go together.



Lidia - I made my card in an Easter egg shape with the Fairy Flutterby stamp Graciein pastel tones and added some flowers from the same stamp set. I cut several out and layered them to give dimension.


How about this for some fabulous inspiration! You have until 12 noon on Sunday 24 March to get your entries in and good luck!

...............................................................................



17 comments:

  1. Hi thank you I have just seen that I came 2nd place again. I would love to share your blinkie on my blog though but can't for the life of me work out how to do it - can some one tell me if I am suppose to copy it as a picture or add it as an html file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some fabulous cards here girls xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous DT creations, thank you for a fabulous challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the chance to play along again this week. Love the theme and your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful samples from the dt and a fun challenge-cant seem to get your linky to work-will keep trying

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited just found out I won the Srping flower challenge, thanks to all so many wonderful projects ont his site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, wonderful inspiration from the DT. I have just entered a card (number 29) but have just realised that I have entered too many other challenges with it. Could you please remove the entry for me and I do apologise.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous DT projects! I love the spring pastels and all your shapes cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creations from the DT.Congrats to the winners.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the holiday inspiration and fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, wonderful inspiration from the DT.
    Denise
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creations from the DT! Thanks for the challenge and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous DT inspiration and a great challenge - thank you ! hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great inspiration as always from the DT. Thanks everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hoping my entry worked had a few problems!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely DT work - hope mine uploaded OK!!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!