Friday 15 February 2013

Week 7 - Shabby Chic

Good morning folks, Friday is here again and the year seems to be flying by very fast. Hoping that you all had a lovely day yesterday and all received a Valentine from a loved one.

Before we give you all the details of this weeks challenge,  we need to announce the winners from the Week 5 challenge - Lots of Layers + Pink and Red and you certainly rocked this challenge but there can only be 3 winners and here they are:

1st Place - Phi  - you win a Cherryblossom Lane CD and please use the code PD1W0705 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Zoe  - you also win a Cherryblossom Lane CD and please use the code PD2W0705
3rd Place - Mags  - you also win a Cherryblossom Lane CD and please use the code PD3W0705

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it! 

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


Now for the challenge and this week we would like to see your Shabby Chic creations and just take a look at all the fabulous shabby chicness the Design Team have cooked up for your inspiration. We have some fab prizes this week too as all the Top 3 will receive a £10 Gift Voucher to spend in the Polka Doodles Online Shop!


Anjie For this weeks card I have used the gorgeous Sugarplum Daisy CD. The papers, image and sentiment are all from the CD. I have distressed all the edges of the papers and image with a file and then used a pink distress ink. I've then added some ribbon, flowers and pearls. I've added a bit of glitter to the wings to make them sparkle, and added some faux stitching.


Sally - This card is one of my favourites - I used the stamp which was with the Pen and Paper No.5 CD and Magazine, I decided to colour in sepia tones as I had just watched my Colour Therapy DVD.
I cut out the image using a Spellbinders die, matted her on papers from the Pen & Paper CD and edged it in lace added a lace bow and wooden button. I used more papers from the CD rom to create the background for the card. I added a sentiment and some swirly vines.


Asha - I mixed and matched 2 CDs to make this shabby chic encouragement card for a girlfriend. The beautiful papers are from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD and I picked the sentiment from the brand new Cherry Blossom Lane CD. Embellishments from my stash: cream lace, flatback pearls and soft pink mulberry roses. To complete the shabby chic look I distressed and inked the edges and did some stitching. 


Karon - This week I really had to think out of the box for me; I have never made a shabby chic card before, but this is what I came up with.  I used the All Sewn Up section from the Studio 12 CD Picknix Collection 1 for my backing papers,  I have distressed the edges with a scissors and then inked.  For my flowers, leaves and sentiment, I used the new Cherry Blossom Lane CD. I layered the flowers to give them dimension and added some detail to the leaves with a stylus.  The sentiment was distressed a little and then some lace and a bow, and some pearl dots to finish off.


Astrid - I have also used two CDs, one for the paper and one for the image.
Tha image is from the CD Double Sprinkle of Kraft. The paper I used is from the CD
Cherry Blossom Lane, The gorgeous Lace is from a lovely friend, and the flowers handmade with the EK succes punch and a little bit of Distress Ink Vintage Photo.
And behind the flowers a Marianne Design Creatable LR0157.


Fliss - For my card this week, I decided to give my Alice stamp set a well deserved inking up. I stamped Alice, the curiouser sentiment and a row of toadstools on white card and coloured with a mix of Promarkers and Zig Art & Graphic markers. I trimmed round the toadstools for my corner piece. I printed out some pink and green papers from the Wonderland CD and covered the card blank with several layers distressed with an emery board. I set Alice in a frame and added pearls, faux stitching and a butterfly from Candy Doodles to finish.


Alethea - I had no idea what Shabby Chic was so I kind of fumbled around with this one!!! All the papers, images and the sentiment are from the  Studio 12 CD Picknix Collection 1 . I put this all together on the computer and printed off an extra mannequin so that I could give the card a bit of dimension!! I ditressed around the edges of the card, then added some buttons, pins and the ribbon which I inked with walnut stain distress ink!! I also added a little rhinestone and a bit of glitter on the blue buttons!!


Monica: I loved the challenge this week, I really enjoyed it.  :-) For this week I used papers from the Cherry Blossom Lane CD and embellishments from my stash: laces, pearls and strings. Good luck for all of you. xxx


 Lidia - My card for this week uses elements all from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD from the All Sewn Up collection. I did some distressing with ink and added stitching. I dressed up the lovely mannequin with lace and a doily skirt and finished off with some flowers.


So there you have it and what fabulous inspiration, I'm sure you'll agree! You have until 12 noon on Sunday 24 February to get your entries in and wishing you lots of luck!

.................................................................


11 comments:

  1. A gorgeous collection of 'shabby chic' cards - well done girls.

    Hugz, Jan (Team A) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to the winners and wow fabulous creations x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee, 3rd place. Thank you so much. I have sent you an email.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABulos DT cards.
    Thank you soooo much for the Challenge.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real challenge for me this time- I really don't do 'shabby'- my card is probably the least shabby out of all the entries but for me, this is a shabby as it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous shabby chic creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project from the DT. Thanks for inspiring as I do not do shabby chic often, so happy to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty inspiration, dont usually do shabby chic, but gave it a try this week and had loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous DT inspiration and fabulous challenge thank you so much.

    Not sure if I managed to link up my design or not. So I have pasted the link here if it's not in the linky:
    http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/helens-birthday-card.html

    hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all things Polkadoodle and this is the first Polkadoodle challenge that I've entered,

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!