Friday 30 November 2012

Week 48 - Sketch Challenge

Hello everyone, it's Friday again and with tomorrow being the first day of December, we're hoping you're all well on the way with those Christmas preparations! It's time for a new challenge and this week we have a good mix of Christmas and non festive creations to inspire you - good if you're ahead or really fed up with Christmas stuff!

 The challenge this week is a lovely sketch for you to follow or twist a bit - the choice is yours:

The first placed winner from this challenge will receive copies of the absolutely gorgeous Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD and also the Picknix Collection 2 CD - Gingerbread Twist! The second and third placed winners won't be left out either as they will both receive a lovely download.  Please don't forget to follow our rules which are below as we wouldn't want you to miss out!

Before we look at the Design Team samples, we need to announce the top three from Challenge 46 which was to make A Square Card With A Round Element' and boy, did you rock this challenge! We had some really stunning entries but there can only be one top three and here they are:

First Place: Rysa - you win a Picknix CD and please use verification code PD1W4846
Second Place: Kate - please claim your blinkie from the sidebar
Third Place: Krafty Karen - please claim your blinkie from the sidebar

Congratulations! Rysa please email Nikky to claim your prize and all the blinkies can be found in the sidebar.  Please remember to add the verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email - you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:
1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.

Good luck with the challenge - the deadline for entries is Sunday 9 December at 12noon GMT.

Kimberly: Oh I had such fun with this cd...it's Pretty Tuff and just perfect for all those little boys you need to create for. I was a little pressed for time so I chose a coloured picture. It printed out perfectly and added these adorable papers that came in the same CD. Added some Candi and some faux stitching. Super simple card.. 

Norine:  I needed to make a "Sorry-for-what-you're-going-through" card this week, and this sentiment from the Sugar Plum Daisy cd and papers from the Paper Boutique Projects cd seemed perfect!  I printed the sentiment three times on different patterned papers, cut them out and then pop-dotted them for some extra dimension.  The die cut embellishment is from Marianne's. 

Fliss: I'm still making Christmas cards and this is one of the specials for my relatives using elements from the Here Comes Christmas CD with a vintage twist. I also flipped the sketch so Mr Snowman would be facing the right way! I coloured the gorgeous snowman (he's my fave of Nikky's so far) with Aquamarkers and was very pleased with his scarf which I made look woolly with squiggly lines and dots using the fine end. I distressed the edges of the papers with an emery board and added Vintage Photo Distress ink. I then made a hand cut icicle border using white embossing powder, glitter glue, a lilac Promarker and a snow writer.

Karon: It was my daughter's 14th Birthday on the 29th Nov - so I decided to make a card using the sketch provided.  For the main polka dot layer, the frame and tailor's dummy image, I used All Sewn Up from Picknix Collection 1 CD, I merged the three elements together in Word.  Also the same for the "You are sew sweet" sentiment and the layer for that too.  I inked all my edges of all my layers.  The dress is a little bit of wide ribbon in yellow and then a little bit more ribbon for the tie in the middle. I popped up the two front layers with foam squares.

Asha: I'm not done with my Christmas cards. This week I've picked papers and a cute image from the PickNix Gingerbread Twist CD. I coloured the gingerbread dolly with alcohol markers and fussy cut her before popping her up on some foam tape. That gorgeous poinsettia bloom is the work of Marianne Creatables Poinsettia die (LR122). To finish: thin gingham ribbon, brad and red glitter from my stash. A stress free and easy peasy card to make!

Sally - Hi there, this weeks challenge is The Sketch Challenge. So I chose a snowman image from Picknix 2 CD Rom and a backing paper. I matted and layerd the papers with red cardstock  for the background and for the rectangle. Cut an oval and embossed it with my dotty folder and distressed the edges. Stamped and cut out a sentiment, tied some snowflake ribbon around the base card, added a bow and snowflake and a little red button.

Astrid - I have used an image from the CD Collection Sundae of Seasons and coloured it with copic markers. Some stickles gold on her dress and her scarf. The paper is from the CD Picknix 2. I have cut the flowers on the paper off and added them at the top with a piece of knotted string. I used a die from Marianne Design for the flower and behind the image. And on the flower I added a pompom.

Monica - Hello people, I´m so glad to be here with my opening post at Polka Doodles blog, and for this I made a Christmas card using images from the CD Picknix 2 (the red paper on the bottom). I used a digistamp as a template to make my Santa Claus, who also came from CD Picknix 2. I wrote "Merry Christmas" with my own handwriting and with a ink pen. And to complete the design, I used some ribbons and a little pieces of string (that usually is used to make crochet) and made a lot of laces to embellish my card. I really hope you enjoy the card, because I had a lot of fun doing it. :-) Have a nice week. xxx Mon

Miria I used non traditional colours for my Christmas card; the stampie, papers and tickets are from Here Comes Christmas CD.  I die cut the nestie for the image and created faux stitching with a white gel pen; I added a ribbon and just two half-pearls.


Valou250809: For my card I used the " Winter " collection from the " Sundae of Seasons "CD. All the papers are stitched with my sewing machine. Under the image, I added a die-cut doily. For the decoration, I added bows made using the satin ribbon, some stick pin pearls, a big red rose, gems and lace. For some sparkle, I added some touches of Stickles glitter glue.

Alethea: I had lots of fun making my card this week!! I used papers from the Welcome Home and Heavenly Garden collections from the Picknix first CD and some from  CD Picnix 2. The house and the fence and sentiment are also from Welcome Home. I used the already coloured images as I'm loving experimenting with all the digital images!! I added glitter glue around the houses, added some flowers along the fence, a few rhinestones and made some shrinky dink butterflies. I wanted the fence to open so cut some slits in and  threaded the ribbon through. I just love the way it turned out.


Fabi - I've used images and papers from the Sundae Of Seasons CD, all layered up with a pretty doily, some distressed  and then decorated with some lovely flowers and foliage dusted with a little faux snow.

Patty - Here's my card for this week - I have used the sketch and sometimes I get a block when using a sketch but this was not the case with this one.  I used girl image from Pretty Sweet CD and the green paper is fom PPC5. I like very much the green & blue combination even for girls as it is so soft and sweet at the same time. I liked this girl from the first time I set eyes on the CD images, she looked so different laying on her back is like she is making exercise but not really. A hello card was perfect for this.

Lidia - I've made a Christmas card with the lovely sketch and all the elements and papers on my card are from the Here Comes Christmas CD. I used one of the lovely toppers and embellished my creation with some pretty snowflakes adding some star shaped gems and finished off with a button tied with string.

So there you have it - a gorgeous array of samples to inspire you so hoping to see you enter. You have until 12 noon on Sunday 9 December to link up your creations and good luck!

.................................................


5 comments:

  1. Congrat's to the winners and fabulous cards x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you ladies off to grab my blinkie :)

    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic DT creations! Thanks so much for the challenge and inspiration! I enjoyed playing along again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful DT creations. Delighted to have found your blog and challenges.

    Hugs and smiles

    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous DT cards.Inspiring as always.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!