Friday 11 May 2012

Week 19 - Monochromatic Shades

Woohoo it's Polkadoodles Friday again! We have a great challenge for you all this week but a little heads up with some other news! Firstly, you can catch Nikky on Create & Craft for a full 4 days next week - oh my, they're keeping her busy busy! She will be on air at 8am, 1pm & 4pm Monday 14th May, 9 &2 on Tues, 2 & & on Wed and 8,11 & 5 on Thursday (subject to change of course!). She can't reveal what she's doing yet but let's just say there will be lots of colouring and tips and techniques involved so I hope you can all tune in and email in - it would be super to get all of the bloggers mentioned on the shows! Also, we have a rather special birthday coming up this month so make sure you do check in on us next week when all will be revealed and we have something spesh up our sleeves!


Before we get onto this week's challenge let's find out the winners from the Week 17 challenge Shabby Chic/Vintage which gave us all a very difficult task with so many gorgeous entries.



1st place - Heidi D, 2nd place - Carol H, 3rd place -Paula



Congratulations! please email Nikky for your prize and grab your blinkies from the sidebar of the blog - the first placed winner receives a Pretty Sweet CD, woohoo!! Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number.
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:


1. Please follow the challenge!

2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.

3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.

4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.

5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.


So now on to this weeks challenge with the theme of Monochromatic Shades. The hardest part will be choosing which colour to go for and read on for some fabulous inspiration from the Design Team who have all excelled themselves with a gorgeous array of projects to feast your eyes on! You have to choose just ONE single colour for your project, but you can choose as many shades of that colour as you wish. The winner of this challenge will receive a Download Bundle choc full of goodies!



Emma. Hello there, here I am hi-jacking a week that I am not supposed to once again - Oh well, the challenge was just too enticing this week to miss. I have chosen the colour brown for my monochromatic look this week and all the elements came from the Sugar Plum Daisy CDROM. The colouring was Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. Embellies are Marianne Design Creatables and Doodle Dewdrops.

Lucy: This week I used the backing papers from the Sugarplum Daisy CD Rom and the image is from the Candy Doodles CD Rom. The image and butterfly were coloured in using a mixture of Pro Markers and FlexMarkers. The butterfly and flower were made using Marianne Design Creatables.


Enfys: I can never resist this baby from the Sundae of Seasons CD, matching paper from the CD as well. I coloured white chipboard letters with blue to match, the whole thing is so soft and pretty, just like a new baby!


Lisa - The Crafting Owl. For the challenge this week I decided to think pink and have used the Miss Twoo template from Paper Boutique and papers from Sundae of Seasons to make a card. I've been wanted to have a go at this template for ages and this was the perfect opportunity.



Fliss - I've gone for blue for my card using a pretty image from the Pretty Sweet CD printed on thick cartridge paper and coloured with Aquamarkers. The papers are from the Pretty Tuff CD and the flowers from the Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition. The butterfly is from Sundae of Seasons and all I added was some punching with a Martha Stewart border punch.


Hi Daniele here, for my card this week I used images from the Love and Cherish CD, so many elegant designs perfect for weddings and anniversaries.


Anne - The papers are from the new Sugar Plum Daisy CD , the banner and image are from Not for Girls CD. Coloured with prisma pencils which I blended with mineral spirits and as it's CAS I only added a few little dew drops to embellish.



Miria - To decorate my paper bag I used an image from cd Sundae of Seasons, I paper pieced and distressed it, the papers and sentiment are from the same cd. The die-cuts are Marianne design Creatables. Buttons, lace and pompom trim from stash.


Diane - The wonderful Sugar Plum Daisy CD has been the source of most of the items on my card. The image has been coloured with Copics and Wink of Stella pens.


Ruth - How could I resist and not make a Christmas card?! Papers are from Sundae of Seasons and I've distressed the edges with a pair of scissors. I've used two Marianne Creatables dies - the snowflakes (LR0125) which I have cut from vellum, and also the hanging icicles (LR0135). Two half pearls and some liquid pearls for detail and the card is complete!


So there's your inspiration - some fantastic projects from the DT this week I think you'll agree! You have until Sunday 20 May at 12 noon GMT to enter the challenge, so just add your URL to the Linky below! Good Luck!













13 comments:

  1. Great dt makes, love them all, hope you can see my link ok, blenza is not co-operating either but if not then here is my post http:

    http://mainland-magic.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/forever-friends-new-baby-card-sooo-cute.html

    thanks for a great challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration from the DT. Thanks!! Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for choosing my card as the 1st place card! Congratulations to the others too:)
    Hugs, Heidi:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for choosing my card in 3rd place congratulations to Heidi and Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous DT work stunning. Kezzy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the gorgeous DT inspiration and great challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for choosing my "Cottage Cutz Goes Shabby Chic" card for second place. I am so honored. Congratulations to Heidi and Paul as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a fun challenge. Adorable DT creations here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI, I hope you like my entry. I'm never sure the link has worked so fingers crossed :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some more great inpsiration from the team, my favourite has to be Lisa's owl - he's so cute. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love mono themes thankyou for wonderful challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!