Friday 5 November 2010

Week 44 Challenge - Quick & Easy Christmas Card

Hiya, Jenny here, and it's time for a new Polka Doodles challenge! Firstly I have to announce our top three for the Welcome New Baby challenge. All of the baby projects you produced were beautiful and it was a tough choice but our winners are...

1st: Colette2nd: Pinky
3rd: Sadia

Congratulations to you all! Please email Nikky for further details!

So on to this week's theme. When it comes to Christmas cards I have to put my hands up and admit I do mine last minute so I need you to inspire me! My challenge to you this week is to make a...

Quick And Easy Christmas Card
I'm looking for speed and style here. I want to see cards that can be made in very few minutes and that can be easily mass-produced but are still stunning designs. Add your card to this post via the blue frog below before Sunday 14th November at 12noon GMT. The design team will be hopping round to see your entry and do remember that we only consider your entry for the top three if you've only entered your card into a maximum of nine other challenges. Good luck!

Kris: Here is my quick and simple offering. All of the papers (except for some solid cardstock) are from the Sundae of Seasons CD. I trimmed the image and matted it on papers from the CD - same with the sentiment. I added some punched snowflakes (Marth Stewart) and self-adhesive rhinestone snowflakes. It took about 5-10 minutes to put this card together. You could make batches for Christmas in on time at all!

Brenda - I have taken Jenny at her word and gone really quick and simple. A pre coloured candle image, cut it with nesties, made a simple easel card, holly from the same section of the CD and the greeting using a stamp from the Fairy Flutterby sets.

Emma Hiya, these are so quick and simple, I just can't believe it they only take about 10 minutes to make. Quite a change for me this time - a little less fuss than my usual style but equally effective. I used Polkadoodles Christmas Doodles rubber stamp plate to create this simple poinsettia Christmas card.

Tracy - Everything is from Sundae Of Seasons except the poinsettia's which are from the Crimbo Doodle stamp set. The image is a pre-coloured one from the Disc. And like Jenny requested a quick and simple card.



Lis-m This is a tricky one for me as I always like loads of stuff on my cards, but using the Sundaes cd I used the less is more idea. I used brown snowflakes paper, the gingerbread folk and a Christmas border. A little stiching, 3d tape ..done!

Tracie: I went for a really really simple card, using the tree and patterned paper from Sundae of Seasons with lots of glitter and doodling

Jenny I've gone for lots of white space and some simple shapes for my card using Sundae of Seasons. I've layered a tree and snowflake onto a circle of snowflake paper. The trees and snowflakes come on sheets of multiple designs so they are ideal for mass-producing. They're also super quick to cut out if you leave a white border. This design can be varied too... for examples see my blog.

Dee: I couldn't make my mind up so I made 2 cards. I still can't make my mind up so I'm posting them both, lol. The backing papers are from Jingle Jangles cd and the tree images and other bits are from the Sundae of Seasons cd. A touch of Stickles, Liquid Pearls and some fake stitching and Bobs your Uncle, done and dusted. All the items can be found at Polka Doodles.


Claire: A really quick card from me... Based on a pyramid fold with elements from Sundae of Seasons. Just added some Sakura for glitter to details on the cute Reindeer.

Ruth: Quick and simple is just how I like it especially when I decide to make more than one! Backing paper and Christmas pud all from Sundae of Seasons. The puds have been added with foam pads so they give a bit of dimension. Just added some berry gems and outlined the ooze of the topping with liquid pearls!


Fliss: I decided to make a set with the same layout but different images to show just how easy it is to make several cards at once . I've used images and papers from the Sundae of Seasons CD and added Cuttlebug embossing with the snowflake folder and some sparkle by swishing ink over the embossed snowflakes and embossing with crystal powder. There are 4 cards in total so to see them all, please hop over to my blog for a look.

Lisa - I've been MIA here on the PD blog but I'm back this week with a real cutie!  The reindeer from the Sundae of Seasons CD in the winter section is just Oh So Cute!  I matted him onto some kraft paper and placed him onto a fun polka dot background and added a Merry Christmas sentiment for a simple holiday card!  Add a fun bow at the top with a cute red button and VOILA!  Simple holiday card!


Good luck - you have until Sunday 14 November at 12noon GMT to enter!
*****


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quick cards, just the incentive we need. Thanks for picking me in your top 3 this week :)
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful DT cards .. thanks for the challenge
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy DT cards making mine now with a little mulled wine to get me in the christmas mood !!!

    Hugz

    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cards are really lovely, have enjoyed the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such fab designs everyone

    would love to join the DT team but cant use the link for the email, do you have an email address I can send to??

    Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome DT creations! Wonderful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely DT cards, a great challenge really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!