Friday 17 September 2010

Week 37 Challenge - Easel Card

Hello peeps, it's Friday morning which means it time for another challenge at Polkadoodles.

Before we get going we just need to announce the winners of our fabulous Aquamarkers competition at last!! It took a long time to trawl through all the entries as there were soo many and thanks to Tracie on the Design Team who helped me pick the winners and to everyone who entered, it was great to see all your lovely work and it was a very tough decision to make! But, sadly, there can only be 4 lucky people who are going to get their mitts on these lush watercolour pens thanks to the lovely people at Letraset, so without further ado, here are the results...

Runners Up: we have 3 runners up prizes of a pack of 12 Aquamarker pens, and these go to:

Well done to all 3 of you, fabulous work!!
So, drum roll pleeeeese, our lucky winner who gets a full set of 40 Aquamarkers is:

I just loved the softness of this colouring, just beautiful and ethereal, so a massive well done Daniele
and to all the other winners - can you all please email me your full names and addresses so
we can send you your goodies asap!

I'd just like to also say thanks to everyone who said hello and bought the brand new CD - Sundae of Seasons at the Harrogate show last weekend, it was so, so busy and I know you are all sitting playing with it as this goes out because it was a complete hit! If you weren't at Harrogate you can get it on pre-order from the Polka Doodles website and we will be launching on Create & Craft TV on Monday 20th September at 10am!

OK, on with this week's challenge!!...
A huge thank you to everyone who joined in the boss lady Nikky's sketch and recipe theme last week, some awesome work from you all. Before I (Brenda) move on to this weeks theme, here are the winners from Challenge 35 which was to make a shaped card:

1st: Hege
2nd: Milly
3rd: Teri

Well done all of you, please email Nikky for further details.

So what do I have for you this week, easy peasy really:

An easel Card

Yes, I'm still addicted to these so would love to see your take on this style of card. The challenge is open until Sunday 26 September at 12noon GMT and please remember that you can enter your Polkadoodle challenge card in up to 9 other challenges. Please link up with the blue frog at the bottom of the post.

Here is the inspirational work the Design Team have come up with. Don't you agree they have all done a fabby job, do pop along to their personal blogs to show them your appreciation for all their hard work here at Polkadoodles.

I used Fairy Flutterby Gracie and papers from All Around and Everywhere CD to make an easel card. I stamped the image twice to decoupage her and coloured with Copics. Punched borders and corner using Martha Stewart eyelet lace and flowers and leaves from stash.



Ruth: This is the first time I've made an easel card and after having a slight panic that I could not do it I managed to make one! I've used papers and elements from Sugar Birdies as I ran out of ink so had to use stuff that I had already in my stash pre-printed. I've made a calendar, curled the edges of the flower petals, added seed beads for centres and that is it!


Stacey: ooh Brenda it's like you read my mind!!! I am totally obsessed with easel cards at the moment I think they are fab fab fab!!! Combine them with Polka Doodles and we are onto a winner!!! I have used the wonderful Mummy image form the new CD Sundae of Seasons and teamed it with the super spooky halloween papers!!! I finished off with a computer generated sentiment!!!

Kris: Had to miss last week's challenge but I love easel cards so didn't want to miss this one. I needed an anniversary card for some dear friends and the Love & Cherish CD has so many wonderful elements to use for this purpose. The backing paper is from there and all of the images are from the Twoo of Us collection. I also used a Martha Stewart border punch and some pink and brown card from my stash.




Tracy - I have used the NEW CD, SUNDAE OF SEASONS for this easel card, there's gorgeous ginghams on it, and who can resist this cutie, I just love the little clothes accessories too. I have added some sparkle with stickles but it hasn't come out too well on the photo.


Claire - I'm with Tracy the new baby selection is fabulous!I have mixed the baby boy with some of the gorgeous buttons/hearts and bows embellishments. I have created a six point star easel for this one !


Lisa - I am in love with the Halloween Doodles Download bundle on the website! Polly pumpkin is just too cute and I decided to put her front and center on my easel card this week! The background papers are "scary" cute too! I've included 2 pics of the card so you can see the front and side views. I had a lot of fun making this card and I can't wait to play with the NEW Halloween goodies on the brand new CD! Have a great weekend everyone!




Fliss - I've made mine from the totally fabulous Sewing section of the absolutely fantastic new Sundae of Seasons CD which is my favourite yet as the paper collection is right up my street with its' vintage look. The Sewing section has the most gorgeous elements for all fans of sewing and knitting and is just perfect for me as my younger daughter is about to start a fashion design degree. There are more pics of the card on my blog.


Jenny The autumnal elements of the NEW CD really are fabulous. Not to mention the ace vintagey sentiments! All that was needed then was some glossy accents to make those red shoes pop! Didn't we all have a pair of those once?

Dee : I've given my easel card an extra fold for added depth, I too have used the new cd Sundae of Seasons, and I've pretty much used elements from the summer section. It was very hard to choose though with so much yummy stuff on the cd.
Tracie: I used some of the gorgeous gardening images from the new CD with some of the papers. I typed my own sentiment on one of the blank strips to create my easel card


Good luck - the closing date is Sunday 26 September at 12noon GMT.

****

12 comments:

  1. what an great looking easel cards
    and congrats to all the winners
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby easel cards from the dt members having seen the images used from the new cd i can't wait for mine to arrive i have it on order x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm positively skipping with joy at having won 12 gorgeous Aquamarkers. Thank you SOOOO much!
    Zippity do dah...!!! Warmest of wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the way Grenouille feels. Yeah!!!!!!!!
    Part of the reason I feel this way is that these were chosen due to what someone thought of my coloring. Thank you sooooooooo much!!! If you will email me at texastransplant69@hotmail.com I'll send you my snail mail address. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love easel cards and yours are all lovlely
    thanks so much for this challenge
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love to make an easel card, so i've linked my card, thanks for the challenge
    love the cards you'll made
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ladies, thanks so much for your lovely comments on my birdhouse, I am so thrilled you liked it so much, great challenge this time - I love easel cards. So chuffed I came second, thanks a lot,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love easle cards so thank you for a great challenge. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello ladies ... an easel card !! fabulous . fabby dt cards too !
    thanks for letting me play ! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What awesome cards by the DT! I really enjoy making easel cards, they are beautiful and so easy. Thanks for such a wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!