Friday 24 July 2009

woo hoo!

Well, hellerrrrrrr you loverlie lot!

We don't have any winners to announce today due to the new rule changes so tune in next week for the winning entries of last week's challenge and if you havent entered yet you still have till Sunday, yippee!
Well, I am in a really good mood this week as it's our 2 month birthday, happy birthday to us, happy birthday to us...even more reason for you to enter the challenge this week, specially if you are a newbie, just see what you can win etc on last week's challenge post, lots of candy available!

Anyway enough of the drivelling, hope you got to see the show on Create and Craft on Tuesday and if not we are being repeated over this coming weekend for the big craft spectacular (sorry don't know times etc). We are totally overwhelmed at how popular the launch of Candy Doodles is, we can't keep up with the orders and have a mountain of orders to despatch, so if you have pre-ordered it I know you've been waiting already but please please bear with us, we are trying our hardest to work through them! Kris even threatened to stay up all night but he can't possibly do that he gets tired enough bless him. Right on with the kewl stuff...

This week's challenge is to use the following sketch....you can do what you want and use what you want, deadline for entries is Sunday 2nd August at noon, so don't be late!



















This week the team had to follow the same sketchie and use the Candy Doodles CD. Now, when I gave them the images for CD they only got half of them so they have tended to use similar ones this week, but it just goes to show how versatile they actually are. And what
mega designers are on the team.

Created by Saskia...(oops, had a few problems with the images here, sorry Saskia hun!)...anyway, I love this card by Saskia, she's chosen Jack, Polly's new beau and a handsome chap he is too. I just love love love that backing paper, it works with everything!...lush card.



















Created by Sue...Wow! Sue has used these lush butterflies which were a last minute inspiration for the CD and I'm soooo glad I included them as I love 'em! Awesome job she's done here, pink and black are soo lush together...


created by Krista...Krista has used the gorgeous Tweets collection here, lots of scrummy pastels and lovely birds to create a stunning bright and cheerful card...(the bird was named Colin live on air on Tuesday :? )...
created by Kath....this woman is sooo creative, it seems whatever she touches turns to crafty gold, what a gorgeous card this is. The daisies are a complete backing paper but she's cut them away and layered them up for this faberoo beauty - love love love the 3 kisses in the middle...created by Enfys...En opted for this lovely Garden collection from the CD and I love what she's done here with the aperture, quite simple but a fantastic card and I think you could send this to a guy maybe too? Wish I could be naffed to get my sewing machine out too, must create a space so it's just there I think. I love the 3 little mats at the bottom...

... and this is the first time (I'm sure not the last!) that you've seen "Fudge" - Polly's dog...


created by Ruth....I love Ruth's style and I think this li'l creation is soooo lovely, colours are great on this, all nicely washed out and green is my fave at the mo I think....

created by Lou...this is actually Lou's 2nd card and here she's picked a daisy bakcing paper with the scrummy Dolly Mix papers to make a fab baby card. At least I think it is, not sure with the pram ;D...


designed by Kerry...ooo Polly and her new bloke, Jack! Caught you both! No canoodling behind that giant daisy please!!! Love this card, it's so great for any occasion. I want to go and sit in a field of giant daisies too :)

created by Lou (deja vu)...this Garden Collection has been mega popular with the Teamies and I must admit I love it myself too, sooo versatile you can do a squillion things with this range...
just love scallop shaped cards...
Right then, get cracking, what you waiting for, you have a deadline to meet!! lol! xx

23 comments:

  1. Oh these are fabulous cards from the DT :-) I am so please I still have until Sunday to make a card for last week too !! ,,, I thought I had missed it,,, Thanks Lou for explaining how to download the papers !!! :-)

    Luv
    lorraine x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful inspiration from the DT - each one a fabulous creation on its own...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Great sketch and DT work !!!
    You can find my entry here.

    Thanks for looking !!!!!

    Greetings,

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Girls, heres my entry for the challenge, getting in early as off on hols on Tues morning Hope you like it
    http://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/2009/07/woo-hoo.html#comments
    ju x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooops sorry girls I have put your link not mine lol
    here is mine
    http://alittlebitofcornishmist.blogspot.com/2009/07/polka-doodles-challenge-sketch.html
    sorry it is late lol
    ju x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely amazing stuff from the DT - I am loving the new papers - will have to get the new CD me thinks! Great sketch too this week - here's my card.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's Linda Allen's entry...http://nikkyhall.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. fun sketch and adore ALL the DT cards agan :)
    my take can be seen HERE
    thanks so much for checking it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it's wonderful to be early this week. I loved the sketch.
    My idea is HERE.
    Thanks for a great challenge...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that's good stuff! Great work by the DT; the creations are fantastic.
    Here's my card
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. here's mine

    Fantastic DT creations. Thanks for looking at mine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi all,
    Lovely sketch to follow this week ladies.
    here's my card
    Hugs to all,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous DT cards!!! Great sketch too. Take a peek at My card.
    Thanks
    Piali.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, the weather outside is frightful... ooops, enough of the singing but I'm in Christmas mode this week so I've turned your sketch all festive - you can see it here. Thanks, Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab sketch and great stuff from the DT.Here's my entry
    Thanks for looking :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well this is my first time joining this challenge. What fun! This DS does beautiful work! What inspiration! Here is my card.
    http://audcards.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-first-polka-doodles-challenge.html
    I don't know how to make a link in a comment but this is the address to my blog post.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great challenge again and gorgeous cards from the DT!

    Here is mine

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh the postman has just delivered my candy doodles cd - anyway i've already made this week's challenge card so maybe i'll use it for next weeks !
    anyway here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great DT cards again. I have forgotten how to add the 'here's mine' link so I'll just paste the link below.
    http://blondcrafter.blogspot.com/2009/07/polka-doodle-challenge-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Finally made my card to take part, cutting it a bit fine but glad I made it!
    The sketch was lovely and I love all the DT cards too, such clever people!
    My card is here!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there

    Love the DT inspiration.

    My entry is here

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi there, loved this sketch & the DT cards are fab, am very tempted to get the CD seeing these wonderful cards. My entry for this week's challenge is here

    Thanks

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!