Friday 15 August 2014

Wk 33 - Fun in the Sun - Polkadoodles Challenge

Hi everyone out there.  We are here this week with our wonderful inspiration from the design team.
Our theme this week is still 
Fun in the Sun
and you can
enter the challenge Here

Don't forget it is not necessary for you to use Polkadoodles products to enter the challenges
but please make sure that you follow the rules in the side bar ---->
You have until noon GMT Friday, 22 Aug to enter.

The winner of Weeks 30/31 - Clash the Colours Challenge is at the bottom of this post.

There have been 100's of new products added to the Polkadoodles store.
There are fabulous new stamps, downloads and all the lovely crafty goodies
that you could wish for.

Work & Play 6 is now up for grabs in the store too - another fabulous CD
to add to your collection.

** Work & Play Collection 6 - BONUS EDITION

Now for the Design Teams inspiration this week.

Scatty Jan - I love these pop up cards so much detail can be added yet they lay flat for posting - I have used four scrummy characters this time and there all having there fun in the sun! I have used the Caravanner girl and the deckchair lad from work and play collection 3 and the Swimmer and Diver from work and play collection 4. All the characters have been coloured with Graph'It markers xx





AnnaI associate summer not only with vacation, sun or the beach, but mostly with flowers and the wedding season. That’s why this time I made a layered wedding card, in delicate colors of blue and beige, from the Rose Budd CD using papers and flowers, which I cut out myself and added to the bouquet. I also used other flowers, tulle, string, pearls, and lace so that the card would look even more delicate.


Jenny - My card for our Fun in the Sun challenge is from A Double Sprinkle of Kraft and I love the idea of these two sweet owls sitting in the sun enjoying their swing together. Full details are on my blog.



Cheremane - I have used the fabulous Double Sprinkle of Kraft Cd for our Fun In The Sun Challenge . As soon as I saw this little girl she reminded me of a summers day walk in the fields with pretty summer flowers and fluttering butterflies.


Samantha K - I decided to make a 3D scene for my project and have tried to do a bit of a beachy theme. Right at the back (where you can almost not see it lol, there is a sign that says 'Warm Hello and Happy Birthday', so this could be given to someone as a form of card :p
My creation is made up mainly with elements from the Dollie Girl Talk Collection. Including the papers that were used to create the surf boards and umbrella etc. For more photos and details, please pop over to my blog :)




Asha - Here's a bright and sunny card... which also happens to be quick and easy. An all-round winner! For the fun pinwheel background I used papers from the Sugar Birdies CD. The adorable flower girl is from Bonbon Belles CD and the greeting topper is from Fredericka Mini CD Collection. To finish some sheer ribbon and plenty of bling.

Karon - My card is made up of a few different CDs.  I decided to use the pre-coloured swimmer off of Work & Play 4, along with the wave papers and banner.  The cloud paper and beach hut are from the Bonbon Belles Double CD collection and then finally the sentiment tickets are from the wonderful Cherry Blossom Lane CD.  All layered to add a little dimension.


Cara - My card is made using the Cherry Blossom Lane CD, I printed everything on water colour card to give a real soft feel and added dimension by creating a dome front out of acetate and added flowers and birds also from the CD.


Melanie - For this card I've focussed on how summer makes me think of flowers and pretty sundresses! I used the Dolly Daydream Girl Talk CD for this one, with the addition of a doily, some handmade flowers, pearl lace trim, ribbon and a stick pin. I also curled some purple twine with scissors to create my own tendrils for the flowers.

Stunning DT creations to inspire you!

The Winner (chosen by random org) for our Clash the Colours challenge 
is

#7 - Vinita

Well done you have won a copy of the fabulous Work & Play 6 collection.
Please email us here and to claim your prize and quote PDw33001wk30

The Top 3 this week, as chosen by the Design Team are

#10 - Julie P
#14 - Aneta 
#43 - Ewa S.

Well done everyone, thanks for taking part and don't forget to claim your blinkies from the side bar.

Now it's time to get those creative juices flowing and come along and enter
our
Fun in the Sun Challenge.
You can enter here.
Please don't forget, there are a maximum of 2 entries per person.
Have a fabulous week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!