Friday 16 November 2012

Week 46 - Square Card With A Round Element

Hi everyone, can't believe it's Friday again and that Christmas seems to be looming ever faster by the day! It's time for a new challenge and this week we're delighted that some of our new Design Team ladies have pulled out all the stops to be able to join us today and start showing off their talent.

The challenge this week is to:

Make A Square Card With A Round Element

The winner from this challenge will receive a copy of the absolutely gorgeous Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD! Please don't forget to follow our rules which are below.

Before we look at the Design Team samples, we need to announce the top three from Challenge 44 which was 'Bright Colours and Sparkle'.  Once again, we had some stunning entries but there can only be one top three and here they are:

First Place: Carla Suto - you win a Picknix CD and please use verification code PD1W4644
Second Place: Caroline - KISS  - please claim your blinkie from the sidebar
Third Place: Judy Rozema - please claim your blinkie from the sidebar

Congratulations!  Carla please email Nikky to claim your prize and all the blinkies can be found in the sidebar.  Please remember to add the verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email - you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:
1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.

Good luck with the challenge - the deadline for entries is Sunday 25 November at 12noon GMT.

Fabi- For my project I made a rectangular card, I have used Kraft paper for the base of the card, and papers and elements from the Pretty Tuff CD-Rom . I have replaced the string of the balloon with a piece of twine. The round element is the ball.

Shell-For my card this week I've used papers from the Magical Winter CD's, the image and sentiments are from the Studio 12 picknix Gingerbread Twist. The fab snowman image has been coloured with copics....The trees are also from Gingerbread Twist I printed 2 sizes, cut them out and added some glitter. I then added some die cuts to complete the card.

Karen - For my card I used paper, sentiment and image from the Picknix 2 CD  I coloured this lovely image with ProMarkers and added lots of sparkle, I just love snow people.... lol.  The round elements are the main image and gems.

Karon - For my card I used backing papers from my stash.  The butterfly and flower were both from the Picknix Collection 1 CD. I used the pre-coloured images, however they are also on the CD as black and white digital stamps for you to colour.  I cut the butterfly twice, layered with pop dots on the body and added some decorative wire for the antennae.  The flower was cut twice in two different sizes.  The sentiment is from a set I bought many moons ago whilst still living in the UK.

Asha - It's Christmas in my world! I made a 5" square card using patterned papers, digi and sentiment from PickNix Collection Gingerbread Twist. I coloured Santa with alcohol markers and used twine and bling from my stash. All that's left is to convince the jolly ol' man that I'm nice ...most of the time!

Fliss - I've gone all girly for my card this week using elements all from the Pretty Sweet CD. I coloured the cute Amelia with Aquamarkers and did lots of matting and layering with some of the pretty papers. I added a doily, a wooden butterfly altered with a pink Promarker and some glittered up die cuts.

JAN:  Another snowman from me - there must be something in the air!  I made a square Christmas card using papers, images and sentiments from the 'Here Comes Christmas CD'.  My round element displays a little snowman joke - just twist the top circle to reveal the answer underneath!

 


Sally - This was my first card I made before I received my lovely downloads from Nikky. I used the Casey image from Pretty Tuff CD Rom and the footballs. Picked the backing paper from the Candy Doodles CD Rom matted it in bright green, matted the footballs in black and cut a Spellbinders circle in green and embossed it with a dotty embossing folder.

I've also made a second card and have gone with download papers and characters  that Nikky sent us  from the Picknix 2 CD. Matt and layered the backing paper with black card. Matt and layered the huge button with black card also. Added some ribbon in the button holes and some dew drops from my crafty stash for the berries on the holly.

Kimberly I loved making this project using Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD Elements. Fun textured looking papers, tags and many elements to create many layers. I inked all my embellishments and I even added a tag that can be pulled out to place your new address. I have a few round items which include the doily, button and let's not forget the round number dial on this old fashioned phone..

Alethea - This is my first card made entirely in digital didn't think I even knew how to do it but I love the way it turned out!! All the elements and sentiment are from the PickNix Collection Gingerbread Twist. I love to colour so I chose to use an uncoloured gingerbread man and colour him myself... He looks a little on the well done side (hehehe) but happy with it all the same!! The round element on my card is the rhinestones!!

Norine:  Here's my card for the square/round challenge!  The front of the card is cut shorter than the back so the inside edge shows on the front.  I used Spellbinders dies and Fiskars edge cutters, and paper and images from the Here Comes Christmas cd and the green patterned papers are from the Pretty Sweet cd.


Valou250809: Here is my card for the challenge "Square Card With A Round Element". I used papers from the CD " Sundae of Seasons ". A fabulous mix of pink and mauve in particular. There are other colours in the same theme on this CD. The sweet bear is from the Spring collection. To stick the butterfly, the place mat and the leaves, I used  Zig glue. On the border, I used gems. Small mauve roses are stuck below on the right.


Helen: For my  card I have used an image from Here Comes Christmas. I cut out using a circle die, I then mounted on a red scalloped circle. I printed out 2 backing papers from the same CD. I distressed using Vintage Photo ink. I added a border I cut from a Memory Box die, also the swirl. The poinsettia was cut using a Marianne die. I cut out one of the tickets and distressed. I finished off with some pearls and a touch of glitter.

Haven't our new teamies done some fabulous creations! Now it's your turn and you have until 12 noon on Sunday 25 November to get your entries in. Good luck!

.........................................

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creations girls xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful creations everyone

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Fabulous creations all! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! What gorgeous creations from all our brand new team members (and the non-new members of course too!) You girls totally rock, inspiration galore here!! Thanks for being on my wonderful team!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations and many congratulations to the winners x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many creations!!! So fab, girls. Have a great week. Kisses xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow such great inspiration cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooops.. sorry ladies - just seen that you chose my card as one of your Top 3.
    Thank you - I am thrilled. I will display my blinkie :-) Congrats to the other winners.
    Amazing work again from the DT - such a talented bunch.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for choosing my card as one of your Top Three! Love your darling blinkie! Congrats to the other winners. Fabulous DT samples!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!