Friday 24 August 2012

Week 34 - Stitching...Real or Faux

Hello folks, Friday is here yet again so it's time for a new challenge here on Polka Doodles. Your hostess  this week is Shell and her chosen theme is STITCHING which can either be Real or Faux - the choice is yours!

Don't forget that we have 2 DT calls going on at the moment and all the details can be found HERE so if you're up for a challenge, why not take a look and maybe give it a go as you know what they say - you have to be in it to win it so to speak! We are looking for a new teamie on this Polkadoodles team and also on our new Emma Canning team, so it's an exciting call!

Before we have a look at the Design Team samples, we need to announce the top three from Challenge 32 which was 'Celebration' with lots of gorgeous entries which made it very hard to decide on winners. The lucky ladies are: 
First Place: - Margaret - Please use verification code PD1W3432 - you've won a £5 voucher
Second Place: - Laurie - Please use verification code PD1W3432 - you've won an Emma Canning download
Third Place: - Zora - Please use verification code PD1W3432 - you've also won an Emma Canning download
Please use verification code PD1W3432 in your email to claim your prizes

Congratulations to you all! Please all email Nikky for your prizes and you can all grab your blinkies from the sidebar.
Please remember to put your verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email. For all prize winners, you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.



We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1. Please follow the challenge theme!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section

And now for your inspiration which I'm sure you'll agree is fabulous and just what you need to get those creative juices flowing!

Fabiola- I love sewing on my cards, this time around for my project I have done some faux stitch behind the awesome image. The image is Summer Thank you by Emma Canning. The sentiment is from the Pretty Sweet CD Mini Collection which is an awesome collection. The papers are from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection CD , and I went for a vintage look.

NJ Hello lovelies, well this is a first for me, I have a sewing machine that has been gathering dust for years and this is the first time I have used it on a card. I have used the Pretty Sweet CD. I stitched a border around both the backing papers and coloured the image in using Promarkers. The flowers are Polkadoodles Bloomers.  

Nelly - Happy Friday everyone, my brother popped round and borrowed my sewing machine so not one for giving up I got my fine liner pens out to create faux stitching around the image topper by Emma Canning and can be purchased HERE she is called "Millies Birthday" and its coloured with Tim Holz Distress Pens The sentiment is a circle stamp that was released in the first edition of Pen and paper circle club and I simply cut away the centre and matt and layered onto card stock. The fab u lush flowers are also from Polka doodles and can also be purchased HERE! the design paper was taken from the Wonderland CD rom

Lou: Happy "Bank Holiday Weekend" everyone .... or for those of us in the UK! I have used the other half of the "Mistletoe Moment" image from Emma Canning as I wanted to give him centre stage. Just adore his pose holding the mistletoe ... aaahhhh! Image coloured with Promarkers. I didn't have any green card for my background and then remembered that the "Not for Girls" CD has a great selection of Bazzill inspired plain designs, so I printed the green I wanted, embossed with a Timmy folder. I cut out my own hearts and layered some of the embossed elements on the heart. Recreated some mistletoe and used STITCHED ribbon to dangle all my bits.

Claire (Happy Days) - Good morning folks. For my card this week I've used Emma Canning's stunning Angel who has been coloured with Promarkers and Sakura Gel Pens. I've faux stitched the edges of all of my papers with a gold glitter pen. The gorgeous purple paper is from the Sugarplum Daisy CD and the lilac paper is from the Candy Doodles CD which has been embossed before swiping with DI. To finish I've used Doodle Dewdrops (I bought the clear ones and applied some gold paint to the base of them - I'm really pleased as the gold shows through brilliantly but doesn't look flat or dull).

Kitty - Morning everyone! So for the challenge I decided to make a tag for a change! The image is of course one of the fabby new Emma Canning Images, this one is All Lit Up - my fav one! All the papers I used are from the latest CD Rom - Here Comes Christmas - it really is cram packed full of yummyness!

JAN: I chose to stitch around all the matting and layering on my project, which gives an extra dimensional feel to the card. I have used three different background papers from the Candy Doodles CD and also die-cut a sentiment from the same CD. I used three of Emma Canning's gorgeous girls and layered them together to make a 'friends' theme, before colouring them with my Promarkers. A variety of embellishments finish off the card.

Shell- How typical is this, I chose this weeks challenge so I could use my sewing machine and I couldn't get it to work, so I had to do some faux stitching instead...For my card this week I have used the Studio 12 CD and the in the garden collection. The image has been coloured with copics and the sentiment is computer generated.



Claire: I dusted off my needle and thread this week to create my tag with the very lovely Millies Birthday image. Paper and flower from the studio 12 Cd. A little french knot attaches Millie to the tag at her waist.

Emma: I made quite a simple card for the challenge using paper from the Pretty Sweet CD and a sentiment from the Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition. I distressed the edges of the sentiment and added faux stitching with a Sakura gel pen.

Fliss: I had to cheat a little for my inspiration this week as my mojo seems to have been left behind since I got back from my hols lol. This is a card I made with elements and papers from the gorgeous new Here Comes Christmas CD. I coloured the angel with Promarkers and added layers to my card with hessian for texture. I used a piercing tool and brown fine pen to create faux stitching on the background paper and die cut heart.

You have until 12 noon on Sunday 2 September to enter and good luck!

.............................

4 comments:

  1. Love all the stitching ideas ladies! Thank-you for the chance to play along.
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for another great challenge, I've enjoyed playing along this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Loving all your Gorgeous creations!
    Thank you for a great challenge.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some beautiful stitching ideas everyone, real or otherwise!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!