Friday 10 August 2012

Week 32 - Celebration

Good morning everyone and welcome to another great challenge here on Polka Doodles.   Your hostess  this week is NJ and her chosen theme is CELEBRATION as the end of the 2012 Olympics is looming fast and what better way is there to show appreciation of all those wonderful athletes who have made such exciting watching over the recent weeks.

Before we have a look at the Design Team samples, we need to announce the top three from Challenge 30 which was 'Summer' and we're all pleased at how popular this theme was although it was very hard to decide on winners. The lucky ladies are: 
First Place: Marilyn- Please use verification code PD1W3230 - you win a copy of the fabulous Studio 12 Picknix CD.
Second Place: Cathy Rumball
Please use verification code PD1W3230 in your email to claim your prize

Congratulations to you all! Marilyn, please email Nikky for your prizes and you can all grab your blinkies from the sidebar.
Please remember to put your verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email. For all prize winners, you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.


We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1. Please follow the challenge theme!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section


Now here are the Design Teams' creations which you will see celebrate a large variety of occasions - a very versatile challenge!

Fabiola- For this celebration I have made a birthday card. I used papers, image, and sentiment from the Pretty Sweet CD-rom mini collection. Plain and metallic papers are from my stash.
Fliss - My celebration card features the gorgeous Millie Birthday digital image by Emma Canning coloured with a mix of Promarkers and Prismacolor pencils, die cut to shape and inked round the edges. The mat is from the Sugarplum Daisy CD as is the sentiment which I die cut and coloured with Promarkers. The backing paper is part of the PPC3 Kit, the flowers from Sundae of Seasons CD coloured with Promarkers and the lace border is from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD - doesn't it all fit well together!
Katrina - Hi everyone, my first ever blog post and card for Polkadoodles! I used papers and one of the girls from Pretty Sweet, together with my favourite heart paper from the Wonderland CD. I'm new to cardmaking so I struggled a bit with how to get going but I'm really pleased with the final result (and I get to steal all Nikky's stash when she's not looking!) Hope you like it too and please pop over to my blog to follow my escapades working in the office with Nikky and Kris and the rest of the DT!
Nelly - To celebrate a special Birthday in the family I used the Not For Girls, definitely for men CD and decoupaged the bottle template also using the wine bottle labels for the main focal point to my card, the design papers are also taken from this CD. I used "Wade" from the Pretty Tuff CD and actually used my Tim Holz Distress markers to colour this image for the first time, maybe a little more practice required, but overall I was pretty happy with the result hee hee.
NJ Hello lovelies, I wanted to celebrate how well we are doing at the Olympics. My card is a 'Well Done Team GB' Celebration. I have used Sundae of Seasons CD for this, I cut out the lanterns and threaded them with ribbon and embellished with London themed buttons. I also used a gold, silver and bronze candy to represent the medals we have won!
Lou: I've cheated a little as my celebration is "Christmas". I have used one of the new Emma Canning images for my card; "Mistletoe Moment", although I have been a little cheeky and split the couple up! I have used the girl by herself for my card, coloured with promarkers and the papers are from the new "Here comes Christmas" CD.The glittery bits are from some leaves I found in a sale in January and knew they would come in handy! Red gems are those lush "Doodle Dew Drops".
Shell- For my celebration card I've made a 21st birthday card for a friends daughter. I have used papers from the Pretty Sweet CD and the image is from the Candy Doodles Collectors Edition I think the tags are also from candy doodles cd, the flowers are a marianne creatables die LR0163  I have distressed everything with Shabby Shutters distress ink.

Claire I decided to celebrate all that's really scarey...lol. Don't you just love Franky from the fabulous Polly witchydoodles download bundle. A great fun stepper card.

Claire (Happy Days) - I've chosen to celebrate Christmas this week with this stepper card which has been created using the new Here Comes Christmas CD.
So there you have it, some fabulous projects all bound to inspire you and we can't wait to see your entries.
You have until 12 noon on Sunday 19 August to add your creations.

............................



8 comments:

  1. You just made mmy day, thanks for picking my card as a favorite.
    And thanks for running your challenge. It takes a lot of work and I appreciate the time and effort you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations to you all and great cards and another amazing challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards from the DT
    ..INSPIRATIONAL .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another brilliant challenge from the team x Keep them coming

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved all the beautiful samples from the dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for picking my card from the Summer challenge. What a thrill! Also, thanks for the challenge and DT inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great challenge and fantastic inspiration from the team. Kim x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!