Friday 27 July 2012

Week 30 - Summer

Welcome to another Polka Doodles challenge!

Before we get started we need to announce the winners from our Olympic Colour Challenge and Blog Hop. We actually had very few entries for this so we think you must all be on holiday - hopefully out of the country with all the weather we've had up to now!
We wish we could have picked all of you but congratulations go to the following:

1. Mandy  - Please use verification code PD1W3028 in your email to claim your prize
2. Natali - Please use verification code PD2W3028 in your email to claim your prize
3. Kimbo - Please use verification code PD3W3028 in your email to claim your prize 

Please email Nikky for your prize and grab your blinkies from the sidebar - the first placed winner receives a copy of the brand new and very in demand Picknix CD (if you already have this please let Nikky know and she'll let you choose something else) and the second and third place winners an Emma Canning Download! Please remember to put your verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email. In addition, you must use the same email address to claim your prize as your challenge entry otherwise we cannot release your prize.


We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge theme!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section

So, onto this week's challenge! You'll notice that quite a few of the Design Team have used the same cute image - Taylor - Camping Day by Emma Canning but look how different she looks on each of the cards showing just how much fun you can have with these gorgeous images and there are loads more to choose from and we are about to add some more to the range! Emma's designs are exclusive to us at Polkadoodles and are proving a huge hit!
Our theme for this week is Summer and just look at the inspiration to see just how many ways that there are to interpret this. We also have the fabulous first prize of a Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD so what are you waiting for!

NJ - For my Summer card I chose to use the Candy Doodles Collectors Edition CD. I used the cupcake from the cd. The digi is by Emma Canning and it is Millie Birthday. I have also used a Marianne Design Die LR0118. The pink swirls I made using fimo to look like swirly candy!
Fabiola - For this Summer project, I've made a card, using Emma Canning digital stamp Taylor Camping Day. I also used a variety of papers from the PPC 3 Kit, and kraft paper from my stash. The flowers are from my stash and also the bling. I coloured my image with Copic markers.
Nelly - Happy Friday to all, and yes its midsummer! ... isn't it? For my card I have taken the Sunflower image from The Sundae of Season's CD and coloured them with my trusted Promarker pens ...I incorporated this fab u lush image from the designer EMMA CANNING called "Summer Thank you" isn't she just Gorgeous!! again I coloured her using Promarkers, the leaf die is from MARIANNE DESIGNS .... flowers embellishments can be found HERE ...trimmed up with glitter and butterfly and ladybird embellies border lends to a perfect British summer looking day don't you think ?
Patty: For my card, I used the lovely Summer from Emma Canning images, and some of left over papers that were on my desk (that I 'm trying to use up!), added the border and the sentiment and voila!!! my card is done.  I love clean & simple cards in which the image is the attraction..and this is a good example.
JAN: My summer themed card uses gorgeous pastel papers from the 'Sundae of Seasons' CD, together with a fab little flower image from the same CD. The main image is an 'Emma Canning' design and she is very aptly called 'Summer' and has been coloured with my Promarkers.  A collection of flowers accent the corner of the image and are enhanced with my favourite Marianne leaf die (LR0226).  I also used a Marianne die (LR0191) to display the sentiment (which is from the latest Pen & Paper Circle stamp set).1) to display the sentiment (which is from the latest Pen & Paper Circle stamp set).
Claire (Happy Days) - I've gone all retro today and used Taylor "Camping Day" for my easel card. The papers are from the All Around & Everywhere CD and the flowers are from the Sundae of Seasons. I used my computer to generate the sentiment before over printing the patterned paper.
Kitty - Instead of bright summer colours I thought I would try soft muted tones for my card. The image is of course Taylor 'Camping Day'. The papers are from Sundae Of Seasons and the sentiment is from Sugarplum Daisy CD.
Claire - I too have used the lovely Taylor camping day image perfect for a scottish summer! Combining it with elements from the Picknix 1 Studio 12 cd.
Emma - This week I have used the fab little bee from the Sugar Plum Daisy collection (My Fave) to make a summery exploding box. 
Shell- For my card I have used the fabulous image from Emma Canning she is called Summer and I thought she was perfect for this challenge, the papers and the ticket sentiment are from the Sugar Plum Daisy CD  The huge flowers has been made with a die and the edges have been distressed and scrunched.
Lou - For my summer card I've also used the cute Taylor Camping Day image and have coloured her up then cut her out and added her to an acetate panel along with the text and kite I made. The background uses a paper and several of the embellies from Heavenly Garden kit on the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD.
Fliss - To me, nothing says summer more than the beach, so although I too have used the Taylor Camping Day image, her brolly is a parasol and the wellies for wading in rock pools lol. I've made a shaped card with a large die and then added a matching shaped frame. I've used papers and a sentiment from the Sugarplum Daisy CD, added beach huts and ice cream from the Sundae of Seasons CD and bunting from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD. Colouring is done with Aquamarkers and Prisma pencils.
Nikky...I love Emma's digi designs! I chose this one because I thought the girls would all choose others haha, shows just how wrong you can be! I decided to go all flowery and choose some nice bright colours to portray that summery feel...

We're looking forward to seeing your entries and please don't forget to check the rules to make sure your entry fits the challenge and requirements.

..............

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh loving this theme - such gorgeous designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the winners and great cards from the Dt xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Dt has created some great summer cards. I'm especially fond of the little bumble bee - he's so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for chose me to Top 3!! Your made my day!!! Wooo Hoo!!
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab challenge blog! Gorgeous DT cards.
    Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for picking me as one of the top 3! Lovely cards by everyone!
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for picking my card in the top 3 and congratulations to the other winners. Lovely cards by the design team especially those cute Emma Canning digis. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great challenge, lovely cards. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could not get my card to load. joann sassy raggedy http://www.sassyraggedy.com/2012/07/love-to-create-challenge-26-card-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards and a brilliant challenge - thanks for all the inspiration xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!