Friday 20 July 2012

Week 29 - Go Green & Recycle

 It's Friday again and time for another challenge!  Don't forget to watch Nikky on Create and Craft (Sky 671) on Saturday 11am and 4pm as she is launching a brand new cd!!  Bet you can't guess what it is!!  I've got Sky+ set so I can watch it back later on when the kids are in bed with a glass of wine.  And I think some fudge......hmmmmmm!!


Anyway, back to reality!  The top three from challenge 27 which was Make A Gift Card are:


First Place:  Kimbo - please use code PD1W2927
Second Place:  Annie
Third Place:  Glenda Atkins

Congratulations to you all! Kimbo, please email Nikky for your prize and you can all grab your blinkies from the sidebar - the first placed winner receives a copy of Paper Boutique Vol 3! Please remember to put your verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email. For the first prize winner, you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.


We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1. Please follow the challenge theme!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section


So, onto this week's challenge!  The theme this week is:

Go Green and Recycle!

So get using all those bits and bobs that you just knew you could use!  Stuck for inspiration, then have a look below at the Design Team's creations!

The challenge runs until 12noon GMT on Sunday 29 July and please remember our rules!  The first placed winner wins a download bundle from the store!

Ruth:   I've gone for an old favourite - the cupcake template from Paper Boutique Vol 3 and the green colourway.  I've cut out all the elements and layered them up with foam pads, added some glitter glue around the edges of the cake and added a line of silver dots around the inside of the star.  My recycling is the ribbon from a long gone box of chocolates and the brown card is from a sample Wedding invitation.



Shary - I have used one of Emma Canning's digistamps called Millie Birthday, she is available from the Polkadoodles online shop. She's been coloured with Copics. The papers are all from the Pretty Sweet CD Rom. The string is my piece of recycling, I've just coloured it with some tattered rose distress ink.


Lucy: For this challenge, I used recycled brown paper. I spritzed it with gold and copper shimmer sprays. I stamped the image on to cream card with Neighbour Clear stamps. I coloured them with just brown Pro Markers. 


Fliss: I've hijacked the challenge this week as I love recycling and have made my card using the Paige Wedding Day image turned into an evening dress. My recycling is some greyboard which I painted and stamped having die cut an oval. I also used some die cut and embossed yogurt packing and some pretty printed packaging. The backing paper is from A Double Sprinkle of Kraft and the sentiment Sugarplum Daisy. I did some stamping with the flourish flower from the Daisy Doodle stamp set.


Daniele.....for my recycled item I used an acetate piece of packaging to create this snow scene Christmas card, this is also a sneek peek of the new Christmas Cd due out real soon, I made the trees and snowman small using gimp (one inch high) even the little snowman is layered up, I decoupaged his hat and scarf. It wouldn't be christmas without lots of glitter.



Clare - I loved this challenge as I'm all for recycling. I regularly buy my two kitties cat grass as they are indoor furbabies. I used the box the grass came in as the base for my bookmarks then covered them with the lovely polka dot papers from the Pretty Tuff CD. I made three bookmarks so that I could use some more of the gorgeous girly images from Emma Canning. I used Millie, Paige and Summer. The sentiment is from Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1. I have coloured the images with Promarkers & used Brushed Corduroy Distressed Ink Pad around the edges of my work. I finished the bookmarks off with red Doodle Dewdrops



Anne - I've used Studio 12 Picknix collection for my card this week.  Once I'd printed the embelishments I gave them a few coats of modge podge so they have a nice sheen before adding a couple of little recycled buttons to the finished card.

Good luck with the challenge - closing date is Sunday 29 July at 12noon GMT.



8 comments:

  1. oh wow! wonderful projects ladies, absolutely amazing!!! Love them all...xxx Fabi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing projects!!!!!! Just stunning! Loving all the sparkles on the Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Third place placing for my Gift Card Holder, I am thrilled. Thanks again!
    glenda
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks so much for choosing my gift card as the winner. Lovely projects by the team again - it's surprising just how much there is to recycle. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Challenge! I ALWAYS Craft with Scraps!!! This is totally right up my alley!! Thanks!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful challenge & gorgeous inspiration from the DT ladies. Thank you.
    Hugz
    Lisa
    P.S I had trouble with Mr Linky..sorry :)
    http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. i ALWAYS love a recycling theme! thanks for the inspiration, and FUN projects from your team!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!