Friday 13 July 2012

Week 28 Very British Olympics Red/White/Blue & BLOG HOP!

Welcome to another Polkadoodles Challenge and Blog Hop! We're hopping to celebrate the imminent start of the Olympics and have some very special prizes on offer to some lucky participants of the challenge and blog hop but please remember that you must do both to be in with a chance.
We're sure you'd like details of the prizes and the lucky winner with receive a Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD and the 2 lucky runners up an Emma Canning Download.

So what are you waiting for - let's get the show on the road! Here's the list you'll need of all the blogs on the hop where you'll find details of the gorgeous creations from the Design Team all celebrating the Olympics and what it means to be British. If you get lost along the way then please do hop back here to be set back on the right track.


Before we get started, lets announce the winners from challenge 26 which was Fairies & Fantasy:

1. Shelby - Please use verification code PD1W2426 in your email to claim your prize

2. Eret

3. Kimbo


Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your prize and grab your blinkies from the sidebar - the first placed winner receives a fabulous Emma Canning Download! Please remember to put your verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email. In addition, you must use the same email address to claim your prize as your challenge entry otherwise we cannot release your prize.



We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs

1. Please follow the challenge theme!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section

Now for the challenge part which is to make a creation (whatever you like as you'll see some of the team have made something other than a card), using the colours Red, White and Blue plus something that denotes British for our Olympics - you can see the Design Team has gone very patriotic!

Ruth: I've altered a brown takeout bag with the Britannia download kit that was a freebie on our Facebook page and used various dies - X Cut and Sizzix plus a little bow of red organza ribbon!  I gave this to my cousin who has just moved to Germany with her husband - there was a tea towel inside (very British!)


Claire - I decided that I'd make a little door hanger for my daughters bedroom using the fabulous Millie Bedtime from Emma Canning and the Britannia Kit (Nikky kindly gave it away as a freebie on our Polka Doodle Dandies Facebook page) - after all you don't get anything more British than the Union Flag (well apart from a nice cuppa tea!!). Also I'm sure if sleeping was a sport that my DD would win hands down!


Fabiola- I made a card as my creation. I used the gorgeous Millie Birthday from Emma Canning, I thought what better way to celebrate than with balloons, right? I also used the Britannia Kit. I loved and had so much fun making this project!!!


Nelly - Couldn't resist using circles as the main focal part of this card using Nestabilitie circle dies, I have cut images from The Pretty Tuff and Pretty sweet Cd's and design papers also from the cd collection and Polka Doodle Dandies Britannia collection.


Fliss - My card for this week is a celebration one as I love Emma's really cute Paige "I Love You" digi. I've coloured her with Promarkers adding a little pencil for detail then die cut into an oval and inked the edges. I've made a very layered card using background paper and Union Jack heart from the Britannia Kit, hearts from the new Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD embossed with crystal powder for sparkle and a sentiment ticket from the Sugarplum Daisy CD.


Shell- For my very British card I just had to do a football themed one. I have used the Footballer and football's from the Pretty Tuff CD. I still think David Beckham should be in team GB lol


Kitty - For my card i used the gorgeous Emma Canning Mille Birthday, isn't she cute? Love her!
I also used the Britannia Kit, kept the design simple to show off the lovely papers!


JAN:  I made a scrapbook page for this week's challenge to record some 'Olympic' facts.  The papers are from the 'Britannia Collection' designed by Nikky Hall. I chose an image from the 'Sugar Plum Daisy' CD as a focal point, instead of a photo and added a little union flag in her hand (also from the 'Britannia Collection').  She is coloured with Promarkers and her t-shirt is paper pieced with a scrap of union flag paper.  The lettering was created on my pc and cut out of paper scraps left over from the background.  I cut five circles (to represent the five Olympic rings) and added an Olympic fact to each one before matting them on co-ordinating scalloped circles.


Claire I think we are all loving those lovely Emma Canning digi stamps this week. I have used Millies Birthday image available from the Polka Doodles store. Also incorporated the Britannia collection from Nikky to create my twisted easel card. Just a little doodled border with stickles and a lovely red velvet brad.


NJ Hello my lovelies, well the excitement is mounting for the Olympics! I have chosen to make a card using the Not For Girls CD. I used various sporting elements from the CD to show the different sports. I made a medal using red, white and blue ribbons and a brass button!


Lou: Well I seem to be copying NJ and I promise we didn't "liaise" ... lol. I have used only 2 papers and 1 topper sheet from the Not For Girls CD from the boxing section. The gloves and sentiment have been glazed to add further dimension and the stars were cut using a sizzlets die.


Clare - For my easel card I used the gorgeous Paige Wedding Day digi by Emma Canning and the Britannia kit from Nikky to paper piece Paige's dress and to use for my backing papers. 


Patty - For my card I used Kiddo on bike from Pretty Tuff collection on a plain white base add a layer on red and on top a layer of blue both bordered, and the ribbon in between the layer tied a double bow with white and red and on top of the layers a added the images and the sentiment bordered with some blue and red stars.


Emma - I did a digital card this time using the Britannia kit and all elements bar the central badge are Polkadoodles.



Hope you enjoyed the inspiration and we can't wait to see your entries and meet you in the hop.  You have until 12 noon on Sunday 22 July to participate. Good luck and please note that you MUST do the HOP to be eligible for a prize!

..........................




6 comments:

  1. I somehow linked the wrong picture for #1. Would someone kindly delete it. thanks so much.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major swoon gals :-) Lush seeing the girls popping up - loving your creations x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous inspirations from DT!! I have a great time to hopping!! Thank you.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIPPEEEE I finished my 1st ever blog hop.
    Awesome cards
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic blog hop and challenge.Really enjoyed it.Very talented and inspiring DT.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!