Friday 15 June 2012

B Week 24 - 15 Jun - Summer Scene

Hello everyone and a warm welcome! What a busy time we are having here... what with the fantastic new launch of the Studio 12 Picknix Collection which is utterly gorgeous and a definite must have, and also a Design Team Call for Polkadoodles and also a Design Team Call for the fabulous new Studio 12 at Polkadoodles . Click on the links to read the requirements for the calls! Exciting times ahead!

Before we get onto this week's challenge let's find out the winners from challenge 22 which was Regal Colours Diamond Jubilee...

1. 27. Jayne please use verification code PD1W2422 in your email to claim your prize
2. 6. Carole  please use verification code PD2W2422 in your email to claim your prize

3.  24. Mandy(Paper Panda) please use verification code PD3W2422 in your email to claim your prize

Congratulations! please email Nikky for your prize and grab your blinkies from the blog sidebar! Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number and don't forget to add your verification code to claim your prize.
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

So, onto the challenge and this week the theme is 'Summer Scene'. Summer is approaching so we would like to see your Summer Scene's. Have fun and here is what the design team have made.....

Emma - Hello there, this week I have chosen elements and a beautiful little scene from the Sugar Plum Daisy CDROM to make my card. Pre-coloured for speed - how delightful!
And, because I love this image sooooo very much, I made two cards this week.



Nelly - i made this little wall plaque using elements from the Double Sprinkles of Kraft CD i took the images and decoupaged the Bird houses and glazed them with clear glaze, the sentiment is from Sugar Plum Daisy CD ...now i do wish the sun would come out to start our summer fun!

JAN: I imagined a lovely meadow when I thought of a summer scene, so I used this gorgeous little piece of fencing from the 'Sugarplum Daisy' CD and repeated it three times to make the scene for my card - it is all hand coloured using Promarkers. I added some fab flowers from the 'Sugar Birdies' CD and decoupaged them behind the fence, as if they are growing in the meadow. The 'Summer' bunting is from the 'All Around & Everywhere' CD and is printed onto some scraps of blue gingham paper.
NJ For my summer scene I have used the fantastic new Studio 12 Picknix Collection. The kit I have used for my card this week is In The Garden Collection. I absolutely love the Studio 12 Digikits, so many possibilities to use them for. The summer scene I wanted to depict was like a Summer Fete with a lemonade stall!

Shary I've used the brand new Studio 12 Picknix Collection for my card this week. I've used a two of the three collections. The papers are from Welcome Home , the elements and sentiment are from the Heavenly Garden collection.The Heavenly Garden have both digi stamps and full colour embellishments on them. I took the bird house as a digi stamp and coloured it in with Copics. I've added stickles,clear star pen, twine and gems too to my card.

Shell-for my inspiration card this week I used the gorjuss image, papers and sentiment of the Sugar Plum Daisy cd. The image has been coloured using copic, I added a few pearls from my stash. I made the clouds with distress inks using a blender tool and a stencil made from card.
Claire - How lovely is the new range from Nikky called Studio 12 Picnix collection. I had loads of fun working on my samples for the new release and this I felt was perfect for the summer challenge!
Norine - I loved using this cute, cute image from the Sundae of Seasons cd!  Matching it up with patterned papers and a sentiment circle from the same cd.  I typed the "I BEE-lieve in you HONEY" on my vintage typewriter and I love the results!

Claire - Oh I struggled with this challenge, just not feeling the love for summer! I decided that I'd try and lift my mood by scrapping a summer holiday piccie of my son. I used the new Studio 12 Picknix Heavenly Garden collection for the sand coloured background paper, the sun, cloud and bunting. The lettering is also taken from the Studio 12 collection - All Sewn Up. The blue paper was taken from the Candy Dooodles Collectors Edition CD and the cute little beach huts came from the Sundae of Seasons CD.

AnneI've used the brand new Studio 12 Picknix Collection this week. For my creation I used the  In The Garden Collection which is perfect for the theme this week.


So there's your inspiration - some fantastic projects from the DT this week I think you'll agree! You have until Sun 24th June at 12 noon GMT to enter the challenge, so just add your URL to the Linky below! Good Luck!




6 comments:

  1. wow stunning work ladies, i wish mine turned out so beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super DT cards, well done.
    Just wondering if you've posted the winners of the 22 May challenge 'Happy Birthday to us' to make a special birthday card. I can't seem to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls, great one and great DT work too. Dx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to all entries and the design team, yet another week of outstanding card making..
    Love M xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards by the DT. Thanks for another fab challenge.

    Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of summery cards for this challenge from the DT. I just love Norine's bees. Kim x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!