Friday 4 May 2012

B Week18 - 4 May...De-stress! How about some distressing on your card?

Hey everyone, Happy Weekend! We have some exciting news this week - we have a new teamie joining us, so please welcome Jan, we know you're just going to love her creations and we are all so pleased to have her on our happy team, she's already made a stunning creation this week!


Before we get onto this week's challenge let's find out the winners from challenge 16 which was our Red & White theme...


1st place - Jayne, 2nd place - Jo Davies, and in 3rd place Kimbo -


Congratulations! please email Nikky for your prize and blinkies - Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number.
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.


Hello and this week it's my (Shary) turn to choose the challenge theme. I have chosen De-stress. So I'd like to see some distressing on your projects. You can rip, tear, wrinkle, ink etc to get your distressed look. The Design Team have really come up trumps this week and made some gorgeous projects for you to look at and draw inspiration from. Looking forward to seeing all your De-stress projects!


Shary;- All the papers I've used are from the Not for Girls CD!! Although you wouldn't believe it as my card is so feminine! I've sanded them, torn them and inked them for the distressed look. The image is from a gorgeous vintage collage sheet from Marianne Designs. I've also distressed it and added some twine and a little wooden heart to tie around it. The beautiful ribbon is also from Marianne Designs. I put a strip around the bottom of my card and also cut a single one to add to my image. The Dream tag is from the Candy Doodles CD, again I've distressed it and added some little off cuts from the ribbon strip.
Lou: I have decided to use distressing inks on all my elements to age them and appear a little vintage as I wanted to deliberatley keep my card "old looking". All the sewing images can be found on Sundae of Seasons CD (Spring section). The papers are from the Pretty Sweet CD. The frame was cut using my nesties and it has been distressed, inked and aged. Extra trimmings are from my own sewing box along with the buttons and pins. The butterfly and flower are from K and CO.
Nelly - For this weeks challenge I have made a tissue box that holds the large square type tissues, I printed onto card stock using papers from the Wonderland CD distressed the papers using walnut stain distress ink, the scalloped edge border is taken from the Candy Doodles CD i run this through my big shot using Swiss dots embossing folder again distressed the edge and rubbed over the dots using walnut stain distress ink, , the images are all coloured with pro markers and are from the wonderland rubber stamps collection , oooh I adore this stamp set :) the ribbon and embellishments are from my stash box.
NJ Hello, for my De-Stressing Card I have chosen to use the Sugarplum Daisy CD. I printed a digi stamp from the cd and coloured using Polychromo pencils. I have used Distress Inks around the edges and on the embossed panel edged with lace. I have used a Marianne Design Creatable Die LR0118 and embellished with various flowers, beads, lace and gauze.
Claire - For this weeks challenge I thought I'd use the vintage style box that I created for Issue 2 of the Pen & Paper Circle Magazine. All of the papers and stamps used to create the box come with the magazine. I've also used Distress Inks and Doodle Dewdrops. Sadly this issue has now sold out. However to ensure that you don't miss out on future projects, hot foot it over to Polka Doodles where Issue 3 of the magazine is available to order now.
JAN: My debut DT card uses papers, a cute digi image and sentiment from the stunning Sugar Plum Daisy CD. The edges of the paper are torn or scratched with scissors and inked/painted for a distressed look. The flowers are from the Candy Doodles CD and are printed onto matching paper, inked and accented with swirls cut using Marianne Designs Creatables.

Norine:  This was a fun challenge this week!  I love distressing and I love the lollipop flowers on the Candy Doodles Collector Edition cd!!  After cutting them out, I ran the edges around the Zutter Distrezz-It-All, and inked them up with coordinating Tim Holtz distress inks.  The yellow background paper is from the Seasons of Sundae cd and the leaves are hand cut from checked paper printed from the Pretty Tuff cd.  The flower stems and edges of the background paper are machine stitched and the greeting is printed and cut from the Pretty Tuff cd as well.
Shell- For my card this week I have used the Sugarplum Daisy CD. I just adore the polka dot papers, I chose pastel pink and blue papers, some ticket sentiments and one of my favourite images from the disc, the image has been coloured with copics. I have distresses all the edges of the papers, image and sentiment tickets with a pair of scissors. I then added a few flowers and pearls from my stash.

Patty- For my card this week I've used the Sugarplum Daisy CD. I just adore the papers, I chose flowery and the splash lavender papers, and this is one of my favorite images from the disc. I have distressed all the edges of the papers and then added a double knot bow at the top corner and some purple rhinestones at the left bottom.

So there's your inspiration - some fantastic projects from the DT this week I think you'll agree! You have until Sun 13th May at 12 noon GMT to enter the challenge, so just add your URL to the Linky below! Good Luck!






13 comments:

  1. Thank you girls. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the inspiration, the DT's creations are fabulous, have a great weekend. Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so delighted to have come 2nd in last weeks challenge! Thank you so much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great creations from the team again. They are all lovely but my favourite is Lou's sewing card - such soft colours. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. such lovely cards from your DT. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great projects from the team, I was excited to play along in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic distressing ladies, its one of my hardest challenges and you all did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right, it was a great de-stressor using my distressing tool...kind of fun actually! Thanks for the great inspiration and a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this challenge as I needed to practice with distressing which I did enjoy.
    Liz Thomson
    http://craftsoftheheart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello ladies, this the first time I try your challenge. I truly enjoyed working with just one color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for another great challenge
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!