Friday 23 March 2012

Week 12 - Mothers Day


Good morning everyone, hoping that you managed to catch Nikky with the Letraset Pick of The Day yesterday as there were some fab bargains to be had along with the brand new Sugarplum Daisy CD which is absolutely gorgeous and full of lovely summery stash.

Before we get onto this week's challenge let's find out the winners from our Lets Hear It For The Boys challenge who are:

1st place - Shari , 2nd place - Margreet , 3rd placePriya Sondhi

Congratulations! please email Nikky for your prize and blinkies - the first placed winner receives fee download! Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number.
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Our challenge to your this week is to make a creation with Mum in mind as we all know that those Mums out there deserve some special treatment for all the wonderful things they do.
The design team have made some fabulous creations so read on for inspiration.

Emma
Hello there, this week, I have used some backing paper from the Double Sprinkles of Kraft CD Rom together with some Martha Stewart punches, Marriane Design die for the fern, and lots of lovely embellies to layer up this Mother's day creation.




NJ For my Mother's Day card I have used the Paper Boutique Volume 3 CD . I thought the images from the A Recipe for A Great Day were just the thing I wanted to make my Mother's Day card. It reminds me of the many hours I spent baking when I was growing up!



Nelly; for my mothers day card i used the flowers, leaves and butterfly images are from The sundae of seasons CD and alphabets from candy doodles collectors edition. lace from stash.



Shary - For my Mother's Day card I've used the brand new Sugarplum Fairy CD. I printed out the papers to layer up my easel card. I then printed out the quick and easy topper and border. The sentiment is also from the same CD. For embellishments I used the papers to make some pretty flowers and also one of the Sugarplum Fairy butterflies.



Joanna: For my Mother's Day card I used the ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL papers from the brand new Sugarplum Daisy CD. I distressed the edges and machine stitched the paper tiles and lace for a shabby chic look. The gorgeous die cut shapes are from Marianne's Designs. The green paper for the leaves was printed onto a vintage music sheet - I just love the way it looks! This CD is a real MUST HAVE, it's just packed with delicious sugarplum goodness!


Norine: For my Mother's Day card, I used combined images from the new Candy Doodles Collectors edition. The yellow patterned paper is from Sundae of Seasons cd and the green fade is from the Paper Boutique Creative Christmas cd. I used a Spellbinders die and a Martha Stewart punch for the papers and some matching butcher's twine and a Prima flower to finish it off.
Claire - For my mother's day card/fridge magnet I've used the newly released Sugarplum Daisy CD. I printed out some of the yummy papers and used one of the toppers from the collection to decorate the front of the card. I then created a mini box frame and decoupaged the same scene on the inside of the card (as we're all friends here I'll confess to not noticing that I'd reversed the image on the inside until it was way too late!). I mounted the box frame onto some magnetic strip and then placed it onto magnetic strips that I'd attached to the card.






You have until 12 noon on Sunday 1 April to get your entries in and good luck!

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful cards, I love them all.
    Nikki was great on C&C, and very inspirational.
    Thanks.
    Crafty hugs Jo R.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous inspiration. Caught most of the shows yesterday and loved them. Treated myself to some new pens:) I don't see a link so not sure where to leave my card:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud to be the 2nd prize winner...I have emailed Nikki!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning cards and good luck to the winners:) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so excited to be the 1st prize winner...I'm off to email Nikky right now!!!
    Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a fun challenge your design team inspiration is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!