Friday 24 February 2012

Week 8 - Summer Fever

Hi everyone - we all hope you had a great weekend and now for the Crafty weekend again! We have a great challenge this week and the winning entry will win a brand new Candy Doodles Collectors Edition CD! Woohoo!! This CD is STUNNING, so make sure you get your entries in to win!

Before we get onto this week's challenge let's find out the winners from challenge 6 which was to make a quick and easy Valentine's card using our free digi. As always there were some great entries but the winners are:

1st place - Jo , 2nd place - Jacki , 3rd place - Mags & Carol

Congratulations! please email Nikky for your prize and blinkies - the first placed winner receives fee download! Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number.
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

So onto this week's challenge! Joni here and this week I am hosting the Polka Doodles Challenge: Cabin Fever! Let's see your summery designs.

The Design Team are allowed to use a Stashbox Stamp this week - we love using our Polkadoodles products with our other stash we have because they're so versatile! Nikky's designs complement lots of other craft ranges which is really unusual, very often you buy one Design brand and you have to use it on it's own but not with Polkadoodles, we love that! Don't forget you have until Sun 4th March to enter so let's see all your lovely creations!

For my card I used the Fairy Flutterfly Gracie stamp with "A Wish for You" Sentiment. I printed out some bright pink summery paper from the Sugar Birdies CD.
Emma, hello there, this week, I have made a gorgeous summery card with juicy lemon colours and my favourite Magnolia stamp of the moment. I coloured with Prismacolor pencils, created the punched mat with a Martha Stewart Punch Around The Page set. The flowers and backing paper are all made from papers on the Polkadoodles Pretty Sweet CDRom, finished with a scattering of gems and a lovely little bow.
Nelly hello everyone, for this weeks Summery card i couldn't resist using this BBQ themed image from my stash box and coloured with Pro Markers. I have used the design papers from the Pretty Tuff CD the ivy and bird box die is from Marianne design.
Shary - I've made my summery card using the gorgeous green and yellow papers from Sundae of Seasons. I also used the same papers to punch my flowers. The ticket sentiment is from the brand new Candy Doodles CD. My stamp is a Gorjuss girl coloured with copics.

Norine - what a fun challenge this was - to get all summery!! I used a stamp from my stash, by Lockhart Stamp Co and all the papers and journal circles from Polka Doodles. Specifically, the papers are from Sundae of Seasons and Pretty Tuff. Coloring done with Copics.
Clare - I've always loved this summery stamp by Penny Black. It goes perfectly with the Polka Doodles pink polka dot paper from the Christmas Boutique Magazine. I've added a pretty flower from a Marianne rose die.
NJ - For my summery card I have used the Candy Doodles Collector's Edition CD. I found this Ladybug and friends stamp in my crafty stash which I forgot I had! I have coloured this using Letraset Flexmarkers.
Shell- For my cabin fever card I've use some gorjuss dotty papers from the Pretty Tuff CD, the image I thought was perfect for this challenge and she has been coloured with a mix of pro markers and copics, the sentiments is off the Candy Doodles collectors edition CD. I then just added ribbon and buttons from my stash to finish.


Claire - I've made my cute little box frame using some of the yummy papers and images from the new Candy Doodles Collectors Edition teamed with a stamp from Elisabeth Bell and some punched butterflies.

So there you have our inspiration this week - didnt the girls all do great! Make sure you get your entries in by Sun March 4th at noon and REMEMBER! No more than 10 other challenges!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards everyone of them
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a lovely challenge girls. Gorgeous dt work. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this fantastic challenge and all the gorgeous creations from DT.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ladies just wanted to say thanks for picking me as winner in challenge 6 the digi was a delight to work with off to have a go at this one now great work from the DT as always
    Jacki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great challenge, and some lovely cards by the DT.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great DT CARDS!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, DT! I have a card to enter into the challenge, but Mister Linky is giving me a hard time and after I enter my URL, the next window won't pop up :( I'll try again in a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab DT inspiration again, thank you for another great challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!