Friday 16 December 2011

Week 50 Challenge - Through The Window and Blog Candy for grabs

Hi everyone - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

The year has flown by and for us here on the Polkadoodles blog we are taking a little well earned break for Christmas. We will be back again on 6th Jan with a brand new year year of challenges from our fabulous team and lots of very exciting news and new products! As a big thankyou to everyone for your support this year and because it's Christmas we are offering some great blog candy this week! A random entry from this week's challenge will receive a £10 gift voucher for the Polkadoodles shop! Woohoo! What a great Christmas pressie!

The theme for this last challenge of 2011 is:
Through The Window...
And because we are all so busy at this time of the year, the usual deadline has been extended to Sunday 8 January!
The winners from challenge 48 are:
First Place: Norma, Second Place: Jo Price, Third Place: Gale - well done everyone, please email us for your blinkies and winner's prize!

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Good luck with the challenge - deadline for entries is Sunday 8 January 2012 - this gives you a little longer to get your entries in!

Colette For my window card I have used images and a paper from the Magical Winter CD's The window section of the card is bowed out and I used a Martha Stewart border punch to make my window frame. I added glitter to the holly berries and glossy accents to the bow. The lamp-post is a Marianne Creatables die.
Nikky...My take on through the window is slightly different...well a frame counts as window doesn't it? This is a project I made for Craft Stamper magazine using our Be Neighbours range of stamps all coloured in with Promarkers...

Nelly I have used a Polkadoodles Windy Tree Stamp and free Polkadoodle stamps from a magazine for the image and sentiment, coloured using a combination of Flex and Promarkers, design papers are from magical winter cd the window/aperture was created using layers from Nestabilities shaped dies. i used an embossing folder to create the snowflakes on the card stock.
Lana I decided to make an Aperture box card for this challenge and thought the Nativity characters would make a perfect little stable scene. I have used 'Magical Winter' CD for this project.

Josie: I used the backing paper from the Pretty Sweet CD Rom and the flowers and fences from various Polkadoodles CD Roms. I also used the Windy Tree Rubber stamp and a Totally Gorjuss Rubber stamp. All images coloured with a mixture of Pro Markers and Flexi Markers. I cut up some old material for the curtains and used some Gingham Ruffle ribbon for the valance.

Carol: I have used the Gracie Fairy Flutterfly stamp to create this lovely window shaker card...it's very pretty!
Claire: I have used the lovely girl from Magical Winter part 1 cd along with papers and elements from the Polkadoodles papercrafting kit magazine. I die cut my window from a dl kraft card and gold leafed the edges, adding lace and a little bell to finish. I loved this challenge and ended up creating two cards so pop over to my blog to see the other one!
Dee: I have used the CD Magical Winter once again for this weeks card. I added curtains and pelmet to the window to help make it look like it's the inside. The Bow window is going the wrong way really but in my world you can do anything, lol.
Fliss - All elements on my easel shape card are from the Magical Winter CD set and although it's not easy to see from the photo, the front of the card has a circular frame on foam tape with the cut out toadstool house inside and the elf is on the outer frame. I finished off with some fluffy stuff snow, Stickles glitter and some punched glitter snowflakes.
Guest Designer Lisa - I used double sprinkles of kraft for my window card. I also added stickles snow and a border punch
Guest Designer Dawn - My card was made using the gorgeous Pretty Sweet Collection...
Guest Designer Claire - I used Cory from Pretty Tuff for my christmas themed window...
Daniele, I was inspired for this challenge by the house stamps called Be Neighbours, which I stamped onto Kraft paper and coloured with Prisma pencils and added lots of glitter for the snow, the papers are from Magical Winter Cd 2. The tree and sentiment are part of the Christmas Kit from Polka Doodles available in Newsagents...

Happy Christmas!...

Shary For my window card I use papers and images from the Sundae of Seasons CD. I coloured the images with Copics and added some diamond sparkles to the snow on the trees. The kraft paper for the window and the sentiment are from the Magical Winter part 2 CD.

Shell- For my card this week, I have made a tent card.....the papers on the back of the card and the trees are from the sundae of seasons cd, the little dude is from pretty tuff and lastly the sentiment is from the Magical Winter CD too...I love the contempary trees on all the cd's...

Doreen For my window card I used the magical winter cd. I embellished with leaves, flower, lace and sentiment.

Anne - I've used the Magical Winter (2) this week and made an aperture card. I began by printing the backing straight onto the card then cut the aperture to show the little girl checking out the snow covered flowers. I added loads of stickles to the inside so it really sparkles. I then decorated the front with a frame, a holly garland, some extra bows for some depth and the Christmas trees. Oh and loads of red stickles for the berries:)
Joni: Magical Winter Part II 
I think you'll all agree - absolutely AMAZING designs from the team this week! So all that remains is to say from the whole of the Polkadoodles Design Team...
Have a very Wonderful and Creative Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you all!...
Good luck with the challenge and please remember our rules!

***


6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I almost missed reading my name...LOL. Thanks very much. You've given me an early Christmas present...I'm jumping for joy. As for this latest challenge, each of you ladies have done a terrific job with your card--they're all fabulous. Love the different take on the challenge and lots of inspirations there.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    This is such a great theme this week. I had fun making my window. I am loving DT cards. So many great ideas and very inspirational. I had fun making my creations and entering this year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous DT projects as usual and another fun challenge. Happy New Year to you all.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the DT samples. Only my second time to join this challenge but I am going to try harder in 2012.

    Andrea.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff from everyone! Thank you for the fun challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! The inspirations pieces by the DT are beyond gorgeous! Breathtaking, really. Thanks for a great challenge. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!