Friday 9 December 2011

Week 49 Challenge - Quick Christmas Card - Win a Gift Voucher!


Hello Polkadoodlers,

Hows the Christmas planning going? Can you believe its so close! This week we have a £10 Gift Voucher up for grabs but before we move on to this week's challenge, the winners from challenge 47 are as follows:
First Place: 24. Lesley , Second Place: 4. Sandy, Third Place: 10. Catherine Carney - well done, please email for your prize and blinkies - the first placed winner receives a download. Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number.


We also had Blog candy up for grabs on week 47 and the lucky winners are: Sharon Basel and UK Sharon
Congratulations Ladies! you have won a PD stamp, please email Nikky with the title PD STAMP WINNER.

So onto another challenge...Hi, Colette here, welcoming you to another Polkadoodle challenge, and the theme I have chosen this week is Quick Christmas Car
ds. You've suddenly realised that there is only two weeks to the big day and you still need to make a load of Xmas cards, so this week we want to see simple cards, not too many layers or embellishments, easy enough to make lots in a couple of hours.

The challenge is open until Sunday 18 December at 12noon GMT and any entries that do not follow our challenge rules will not be eligible for any prizes so please read them carefully! If you want more detail on how the Design Team have created their project
s, just click on their name and you'll be taken to their blog. The winner of this challenge will receive a gift voucher for the Polkadoodles shop worth £10, so make sure you're in it to win it!!


We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.

5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Emma Hello there, this was a quick make using elements from the M
agical Winter CD, coloured with distress ink all available from the Polkadoodles shop.

Daniele......For my quick card, I kept the colouring to a minimum jus
t using Flex markers to colour the background of the image and scarf, paper and image of Pip is from The Magical Winter Cd part 1,the base of the card was embossed with a snowflake folder.

Clare -This challenge was ideal for me as I needed lots of quick cards for school. I selected a pre-coloured topper from the Magical Winter 1 CD and added a customised greeting for each child, I printed these four to a page and added glitter to all the snow once they were printed (these are only some of them and, all told, I think I spent less than one hour making them all).

Nelly: I used elements from Magical Winter for my quick card...


GDT Stephanie-Emma - I printed a coloured topper from Magical Winter an

d mounted it on some fabric and spotty backing paper. I also added some Candi.

Audrey... For this simple Christmas card I used the CD Sundae Of Seasons. i inked the trees and used 3D dots to give them some dimension and used a corner ticket punch for the top corners of the card.
Enfys: I used ready coloured element from Magical Winter for this quick card - and it shows how versatile this CD is because I printed the background with the star and hills from the Nativity collection, and added houses printed from the bear collection. The houses are pop
ped with foam pads and the sentiment oval is a purchased one - simples!
Colette - I used the trees and reindeer images from a Sundae of Seasons, layered them up in a graphics program and coloured in a sky background, printed them straight onto card, cut, folded, added a ribbon, some glitter to the trees and layered up the reindeer's head, added a couple of Jingle bells (coloured with Promarkers) to his antlers and neck and there you have it, my very quick card.
Louise My card is super quick I have printed out the Christmas tree from Magical winter 2 and added a little glitter.I have cut out a shaped card and added a sentiment.
Joanna: For my card I used a fabulous collection of papers and a pre-coloured image from the Magical Winter CD part 2. I also used a touch of glitter, a few punched snowflakes and a snowflake embossing folder. Once you've decided on the size of your panels, you can cut multiple copies in seconds, which is perfect for "Christmas cards mass production" ;). And if you need any more papers, you can just print them off with a click of a mouse!
Shell-My card this week was mega quick to put together, I've used a pre coloured image from the Magical Winter CD part 1, then simply embossed a panel of white card & added a ribbon and some card candi to finish.....
Joni: S I used the ready colored penquin from the Creative Christmas CD
Norine: I got a little carried away this week and made TWO cards in the time it usually takes me to make one!! That's how quick and easy they were!! Most all of the papers and images come from the Magical Winter 2 cd with a few scraps of green thrown in from other cds. The tree was an easy "build" with scraps and adding a star brad at the top and stitching down the center completes it.
This sweet little girl awed at the sight of a snowflake tree is also from Magical Winter 2, as is the sentiment and other papers. Add a Spellbinders die and some machine stitching around the edge and you've got a quick and easy card!
Shary I made this card real quick! I used the Magical Winter part 2 CD. I printed out a topper, a sheet of patterned paper and a sentiment. I cut out four strips from the paper and glued them to a blank white card. I then layered the topper onto blue card added some stickles and stuck that to the card. I added the sentiment and two punched snowflakes. Done!
Dee : My quick card is made using elements from the Magical Winter CD. I made a square card from kraft card, I tore the backing papers and added some ribbons before adding the sentiment and image.
Miria For my quick Christmas card I used image and sentiment from Magical Winter, the digi is coloured with Zig Kurecolor and Wink of Stella. I just added a ribbon, easy peasy!
Ruth: Super quick cards made with offcuts of white pearl card - the Santa from Paper Boutique Vol 2 has been printed directly onto the card and I've added a glitter border around the edge of the card - I think it took me 15 mins to make 6!

ALAN: For my card l took an image from MAGICAL WINTER cd'c. Just a simple image that after printing l just went over with my Giltter pen and then added some highlights. Then mounted onto some dull silver mounting board and a simple Phrase printed out. There you have it a simple card that took moments to put together.

So that's it for this week! Don't forget to get your entries in on time to win some candy!
*****

6 comments:

  1. I'm a winner! Thank you so much. Lovely, lovely inspiration this week too so I hope to play again! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gave up trying to link up.... here's my entry, lol http://little-applefalls.blogspot.com/2011/12/kanban-christmas-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow fantastic DT cards and entries, makes me realise i'm way behind on Xmas plans, LOL Paula :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Thank you for this challenge and for the fantastic inspirational creations from DT members.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been "stalking" your blog, but this is my first entry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous DT inspiration again, and another fun challenge.
    Thank you.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!