Friday 22 July 2011

Week 29 Challenge - Christmas In July

DESIGN TEAM CALL:
Hi everyone! We are looking for a new member for our lovely talented team who can show us their awesome colouring techniques. So, if you LOVE colouring and you're great with your Promarkers, Copics and Watercolours and it's your speciality then please email us with a link to your blog and NO MORE than 50 words about yourself and why you want to be on the Polkadoodles team. You MUST be able to commit to participating in the challenge blog 3 times per month, making TV samples when required AND commenting on challenge entries each week, so please ensure you can do all this before you apply. In addition, you can only be on two other digital design teams. We will consider entries from around the world but as we need people who can make samples, because of time constraints, entries from the UK will be priority on this occasion. But don't let that put you off, we all know Nikky can never say no if she sees someone awesome! We will be choosing someone over the next two weeks and results will be posted here. Please do not leave comments etc, all bloglinks must be sent by email by 31st July.

Hi, Colette here with this weeks challenge and we've gone from one extreme to the other, Long Hot Summer last week to Christmas this week LOL!. There are only 22 weeks and 2 days left until Christmas so I thought it was time to make a start on our Christmas cards as it will be here before you know it!

The top three from challenge 27 which was Transfers and Stickers are:

First Place: Stephanie-Emma
Second Place: Linda
Third Place: Joanna

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your blinkies! The first placed winner receives a download and please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Now onto the Design Team samples and inspiration! If you want more detail on how their projects have been created, just click on their name and you'll be taken to their blog.Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 31 July at 12noon GMT.

Ruth: I've used the wonderful Paper Boutique Vol 2 - Creative Christmas. I've cut the template out and all the layers and just added them together! A really great and easy card to make as Nikky has done the hard work! I've simply added some gems, cocktail stick (wand) and glitter glue.

Lis-m Rather excited to be using the fabby new Christmas cd's from Polkadoodles. "Magical Winter" I love the shades in this one, and have used a selection of papers for a contempary Christmas card, added some ribbon and a charm, and the essential glitter!!


Fliss: I think we're all loving the fabulous new Magical Winter CD and all the elements on my card come from there. All I added were further hearts which I used my own templates to make with one of the gorgeous kraft papers and the blue gingham to which I added faux stitching plus some raffia from my stash which I twisted.


Audrey... For this card I used the new CD Magical Winter. All I can say is wow! This is my new favorite! I used S.U. ink Soft Suede to ink the edges and dark brown floss for the stitching.


Emma - Hi there, I used the fabulous Christmas stamp set this time to make a little scene. I masked the images to make up the scene and then coloured with Promarkers, finally adding a bit of glitz with Stickles.


Josie: This week I used the digi image from the Sundae of Seasons CD Rom. I coloured with Pro Markers. I did the sentiment using A wink of stella glitter pens.



Tracie: I used some fabby paper from Magical Winter CD's, gorgeous spotty ribbon and the cutest santa I have ever seen from the Christmas stamp set. Coloured with Promarkers, and wink of stella pens


Claire: I have used the fab Christmas stamp set and coloured my image with Promarkers. Added some stickles to give a bit of added glitter.

Dee: I used the new CD Magical Winter for my card this week. I coloured the main image with ProMarkers, used Letraset Safmat for the sentiment and added some extra detail with a Martha Stewart border punch. I did a little bit of concertina folding on a strip of punched backing paper and fixed some confetti stars in place.

Colette This week I have made a Christmas card using a non-Christmas CD, Paper Boutique Vol III, the lights came from Sundae of Seasons, I made the houses up using the templates from PBIII, the tree comes from this CD also, I cut each light out and attached it to a piece of pink embroidery thread, (that's dedication for you LOL!) and finished it all off with a sprinkling of glamour dust.

Miria This week I used some gorgeous images and paper from new cds Magical Winter , coloured with Promarkers and cut out.


Good luck with the challenge - deadline Sunday 31 July at 12noon GMT and please remember our rules!

7 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [23 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. your Blog is just soo GORGEOUS.. great challenge and love seeing the DT. work..

    Thanks for letting me playalong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The team really outdid themselves this week!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls. DT work is fab. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had fun creating my Lollipop Christmas card.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge, love the DT cards.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!