Friday 15 July 2011

Week 28 Challenge - Long Hot Summer

Hello everyone, it's Lis-m here with this weeks challenge! Must admit the title was a hopeful whim, but the weather seems to be rather summery as I type this so I hope it will inspire you.
With that in mind I would like you to create a summery project, using hot summer colours perhaps, or create a summery theme. Have fun!

The top three from challenge 26 which was Home Sweet Home are:

First Place: Lisa Jane
Second Place: Scrapjoanny
Third Place: Ruby

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your blinkies! The first placed winner receives a download and please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Now onto the Design Team samples and inspiration! If you want more detail on how their projects have been created, just click on their name and you'll be taken to their blog.

Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 24 July at 12noon GMT.

Ruth: I've gone very clean and simple this week! I've made two sets of notecards (beause I could not decide which image to use!) and printed directly onto my cardstock. I've used Sundae of Seasons pre coloured images and I've just added a faux stitched line and buttons from my stash. To see more of these please have a look on my blog!


Enfys: I decided to make some napkin rings using the Sundae of Seasons CD, I just printed out my favourite green spotty paper, and some black and white stampie flowers. All the rings have different flowers on them, but I coloured them all with buttercup, gold, and apple and leaf green ProMarkers to give a unified look. They look really pretty, and took no time at all to make, so I will be making these for all my supper parties in future........not that crafting leaves me with a lot of time to cook!



Lis-m For my project this time i have reached for the Sundae of Seasons CD, and Double sprinkles of Kraft. I have created a little book that seems to be everywhere in blogland at the moment and created a little diorama within it. I quite like the finished affect; hope you do too! For more details go to my blog



Fliss: To me nothing says summer more than the beach and ice cream along with deck chair stripes so my card features beach huts which we have just a short walk from our house as we live one road back from the sea. All elements and papers are from the fabulous Sundae Of Seasons CD and I've had another experiment with pointillism to colour the black and white stampies. I used a multitude of Promarkers for the technique which I'm in danger of becoming addicted to!


Audrey: It's so nice to be back creating again! For this card I used the Paper Boutiques III CD. I used S.U. Soft Suede and Old Olive inks for all the edges and 3D Dots to give it dimension.



Miria. This week I made a card for a summer birthday. I put in a flowers and butterflies galore using coloured stampies, paper and sentiment from Double Sprinkles of Kraft and Sundae of seasons, cut them out and use foam pads and glossy accents to give dimension and just two buttons to decorate.


Emma: Hello there, I have used gorgeous paper from All Around and Everywhere CD and sentiment from the Sensational Sentiments rubber stamp plate. I have used a lovely bright yellow for my bright summery colour.


Colette I've used the summery colours of yellow (sunshine) and blue (clear summery sky) to make a card for a summer birthday, with the addition of flowers and a dragonfly to complete the summery theme. Everything comes from Sundae of Seasons, apart from the sentiment which is from Double Sprinkle of Kraft. Ribbon is DoCrafts, glitter is Debbi Moore and flowers are from stash.


Josie: For this theme, I went through the cd roms to look at all the lush papers. I find something new every time I look! This backing paper jumped out to me from the Sundae of Seasons CD Rom. I went from there with the colour theme of bright pinks etc. I used Gracie from the Fairy Flutterfly stamps and coloured with Pro Markers. I thought I would so something different this week other than a card, so made a calendar for my friends office.


Dee: I too used a template from Paper Boutique III CD. I just layered everything up with 2mm foam pads to give lots of dimension.
Good luck! The challenge closes on Sunday 24 July at 12noon GMT.

******


8 comments:

  1. Oh thanks so much for picking me as winner of your last challenge .. it really cheered me up this morning
    Congrats to the other winners Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects this week team, just beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed creating my Long Hot Summer scrapbook layout with sun diecut & entered.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work by the DT, thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous projects from the dt. thanks for this great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, gorgeous projects by all the DT. Thanks for this great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPER CUTE stuff from the DT! love all the variety - this challenge allows for so many possibilities, and i couldn't resist the bright, happy colours and a fun outdoors scene! :) thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!