Friday 1 July 2011

Week 26 Challenge - Home Sweet Home

Hello! It's Saskia here, for this week's challenge! We have a 2 months school holiday here in Belgium (July and August). I love to spend some time abroad, but I'm always so happy to come home!! So for this challenge, the Design Team wants to see a project about 'home'... a new house, moving, a village, a bird house,... Enjoy crafting!

The top three from challenge 24 which was 'All Of A Flutter' are:

First Place: Carol
Second Place: Jenny B
Third Place: Claire C

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your blinkies! The first placed winner receives a download and please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Now onto the Design Team samples and inspiration! Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 10 July at 12noon GMT.

Saskia - I used the cute images and gorgeous papers from the A Double Sprinkle Of Kraft cd-rom to make my house-card. Aren't the flowers lovely?!




Fliss: I've made an easel style card for some friends who have just moved house and are now living very close to us. All elements are from the A Double Sprinkle Of Kraft CD and I chose the cute bird house for the card. I used the black and white stampie which I coloured with a mix of Promarkers and Zig Art & Graphic Twin Markers then inked around the edges of the panel. I layered up papers from the CD, added a sentiment from the sheet of alterable panels and finished with a layered flower and some pearls.

Emma Hello there, I have used some paper from the Double Sprinkle of Kraft cd and Sundae of Seasons to make this tag from my own template. I made the sentiment using a distressed ticket and my Dymo. The flowers were made from punched out flowers coloured with Distress Stains.


Josie: I really enjoyed this challenge! I made this card for a fellow Polkadoodler as she moved recently! I could not use these stamps. I used Stamp doodles - Dragon fly & garden neighbours stamp sets. I masked and stamped the houses and then coloured with Pro Markers.

Claire I have made a few quicky cards using the lovely Polka doodles girls Babsie and Gracie combined with the All around and everywhere cd.


Colette I made a quick and easy card using word paper from the Back to Nature CD, and pink gingham paper and a tag from All Around and Everywhere. I used a spellbinders die to cut five keys out of black card, cut one key from silver card and layered it over the central black key then attached the tag with some silver cord. Inside the card there is an Irish new home blessing.



Miria. For this week's creation I used a long and narrow card, the paper is from A Double Sprinkles of Kraft, the coloured stampies are from A Sundae of Seasons and the cut out sentiment as well, I nested it on a punched flower as a final touch.


Lis-m This week I have used a couple of discs."Back to Nature" for the background paper which I love, it's so versatile and "All around and Everywhere" for the rest, the house papers, the dotty papers and the house itself. A little dimension to the card and a sentiment border.. hey presto!

Ruth: I've used one of the Dragonfly Neighbour stamps, coloured with Promarkers. The card layering is from my stash along with the Kraft card blank and garden twine. I've added a faux stitched border around the edge of the card.
Good luck with the challenge - closing date is Sunday 10 July at 12noon GMT.

**


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards from the DT :-)
    Thanks for choosing my card for your top 3
    Hope you're all having a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this is ok for the challenge, lovely cards DT. Janet T

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great selection of cards!

    Paula x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!