Friday 22 April 2011

Week 16 Challenge - Three Patterned Papers

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge!

Hi everyone! This is Nikky and I've hijacked the challenge just to let you know about something - I've had such an amazing response to the Create and Craft shows where I was demonstrating Letraset's Aquamarkers and all the wonderful things you can do with them that I've decided to do an online LIVE class: basically this will involve us all using them together and you will be able to ask me questions live, so if this is something you're interested in can you please register your interest on this blogpost here so I can see how many people are interested. There's already been a lot of interest, so please also let me know if you would prefer an afternoon or an evening class and as soon as I can find a space on my schedule I'll post further info so you can sign up properly. Now back over to this week's challenge!...

This week, the challenge is to use three different pattened papers in your creation - and if you are stuck for inspiration, just look at the Design Team samples!

Before I move on, I need to announce the top three from challenge 14 which was Dee's sketch and to mix up your layers:


First Place: Stephanie-Emma

Second Place: Jo Price

Third Place: Kym

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your blinkies! The first placed winner receives a download! Please put add in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Onto the Design Team inspiration! For more details on each creation, just click on the names and we'd really like if you left us comments on our blogs!

Ashley- I used the Sprinkles of Kraft cd. Lots of great goodies in there. All 3 of the papers and the image are from that one cd!!!! How awesome is that! I used a Ek punch, and added some home made scrunch ribbon add a few flowers and you have a card. Oh and the Stamped sentiment is from the Polkadoodles also !!!



Emma, hello there, I have used three different papers frm the Wonderland CD, I layered up and sculpted three punched out flower shapes, hand cut a stem and leaf to make the main flower then glued a pearl into the centre. The punch edge is a Martha Stewart. Finally I whipped out my little sewing machine and stitched a border round the edge. All the paper edges were touched with Weathered Wood Distress Stain.



Enfys: There are three pattern papers on here, honest! All the aqua papers are different patterns from the Wonderland CD. I am rather into clean and simple at the moment. The leaves were die cut and the rolled flowers are a circle of paper cut with a scallop scissors into a spiral, then rolled. I put a punched circle in the centres and sprinkled that with seed beads. The lettering is Thickers by American Crafts. Punched borders are Martha Stewart.


D'Anne - April showers brings May flowers! I created my card using the digital papers from the Wonderland CD. The digital flower element and sentiment is from the summer collection on the Sundae of Seasons CD. I used pink and white liquid applique on the flowers to provide more texture. Talk about simplicity making an impact!


Fliss - I decided to take the opportunity to show one of the samples I made for the new and fabulous A Double Sprinkle of Kraft CD as it has the required 3 papers element. The card is another unusual easel style with one of the pretty girls that I decided to sit on the log. All images were coloured with Promarkers and I added pretty butterflies and a sentiment together with a vintage button from my stash as the stopper.



Audrey For this card I used the super fun CD Double Sprinkle Of Kraft. . Wait until you see all the fun goodies on this one! I used 3 different papers on the card and they all go so well together. There is also an adorable alphabet set that I used for the "Hello". I used my S.U. corner ticket punch for the corners, 3D Dots to give some dimension and Glossy Accents on the polka dots on the tree to make them shine.


Lou: I have made another A4 card using the "A Double Sprinkle of Kraft" CD and have had a play with the alphabets section. Now I'm not at all computer savvy but I managed to make this huge topper very easily using Publisher (which is a normal desktop operation on my PC). I have used the cute daisy paper, layered some spotty strips and then finally placed my words on top. I have decoupaged some of the letter to give a further 3D feel. Also in a moment of madness (!) I have covered the huge topper with an acetate dome . . . which has then made it very hard to photograph my card! Card finished with oodles of yummy card candy.






Lis-m : I have used the Sprinkles of kraft cd, and the cute Winnie the Owl image. The images were already precoloured so a quick easy card again for me; a simple layout, my third paper being a "paper ribbon", add a button and a sentiment. Easy!



Tracie: I used 3 different papers from Sundae of Seasons to create my Patriotic card.







Miria I made an easel card with a twist, the coloured stampie is from Paper Boutique vol.III, the papers and sentiment from Double sprinkles of kraft, embellies and buttons from stash.



Colette - I cut strips of three different patterned papers from the Wonderland CD and a plain paper, and then weaved them to make the background for my card, The little baby is from the Sundae of Seasons CD. The corners are made with a Marianne Creatables die and I also used a Go Kreate die for the mats in the centre. The pearls are from my stash.



Josie - This week I used 3 papers from the Not For Girls CD Rom. I printed off one of the papers much smaller and made it in to a topper. I used Distress Inks around the edges of each paper.



Dee: I've used papers from the Double Sprinkle of Kraft cd for my card this week. I've made a nice bow from blue raffia with added button, and I added a few gems to finish it off.



Ruth: I just can't make one baby card - I have to make both boy and girl! I've used three different papers from Candy Doodles (just perfect for baby cards!) along with the cute Nellienoo rubber stamp which I've coloured with Promarkers. All the other additions are from my stash.



Good luck with the challenge! It is open until Sunday 1 May at 12noon GMT and please remember our rules!
*****



6 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [23 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Love the challenge....have done a layout, hope that is ok!
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another fun challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a lovley challege and great dt cards. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this great challenge and awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!