Friday 4 March 2011

Week 9 Challenge - Flower Power

Hi!! Colette here! Firstly before we start we must introduce our latest teamie Josie!! We LOVE Josie's work and she is a total Promarker addict with some awesome colouring techniques so we are so happy to have her on board at Team Doodle and she hasn't disappointed us with her mega cute card this week! So, it's my turn to set the challenge this week and as my pond has suddenly become full of frogspawn over the weekend I think Spring is finally on its way, so for that reason I have chosen

Flower Power

show us your cards or projects containing at least 3 handmade flowers, they can be punched, printed, cut and layered, any method you choose, just no shop bought.

Before we get onto this week's fabulous creations from the design team here are the top three from the week 7 challenge, Chocolat!

First Place: Katie
Second Place: Nnalorac
Third Place: LaDiva

Congratulations! Please email Nikky with your placing and 'Challenge 7 top three' in the subject field.

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Good luck with the challenge - the closing date is Sunday 13th March at 12noon GMT

Our guest designer this week is -
Ashley - I made a card who is closing on the top with a piece of old stash ribbon, I used the love and cherish cd for the birdcage backing paper. On the edges of both sides I used a martha stewart doily lace punch and some distress ink vintage photo. The flowers are all handmade with a nestability scalloped circle (you can always free cut the scallops) then scrunged them up by first spraying them with some water. The brads are also made to c onvert "ugly" brads I had laying around to some new and nice ones, Just dipped them on a versamark embossing pad, then dipped in clear embossing, then dipped in pink flock (so they're nice and soft) then added some pearls around the card (perle pen cream)


Ruth: I seem to have a thing for handbags at the moment and have used papers from Paper Boutique Vol 3 to make it. For more views please have a look at my blog. The flowers were made simply by cutting out various sized circles, inking the edges, screwing them up, opening out a little and then adding a sparkly brad through the centre to keep them in place. The little doggie is also from the same cd and has been coloured with Promarkers to keep with the colour scheme.


Enfys: An elegant little card from me today, I used these fabulous papers from the All Around and Everywhere CD in lovely neutral colours. I folded back the front and anchored it with a foam pad. The scrolls and flowers were cut with my Cricut....I sprayed the die cut flowers with perfect pearls and water, then scrunched up the flowers to crumple them before layering. I used card candy for the centres


Colette - I used the gorgeous Ditsy Daisy template from the Paper Boutique Vol III CD Rom, all the flowers were cut and layered onto the card, including inside too, the sentiment is also from the same cd, the only other thing I used was a sprinkling of glamour dust.

D'Anne - I created the top of my gift box with three fancy folded flowers and the Let's have a Picnic digital paper from the All Around and Everywhere cd. The flowers were created using 8 (1-1/8 inch) circle punch and the Swiss Dot embossing folder.


Emma Hi there, I have used 3 types of spring coloured papers from the Sundae of Seasons cd using punches and acrylic gems to make the flowers. The sentiment is from the Babsie Fairy Flutterfly stamp plate and the stalks and leaves are just doodles, quick and simple.

Claire: I have used all elements from the Paper Boutique Vol 3 cd which has these wonderful flowers and leaves on it. I then had a lot of fun getting inky with Cosmic shimmer spray and ink pads, some UTEE on my middle flower and some twiddly wire.....

Miria: This week I made a bag-shaped card and I punched some flowers to fit the theme. The papers, the sentiment badge and the buttons are from All around and everywhere and Sundae of seasons, the background paper is from Paper boutique vol. III.


Josie: This week I printed some flowers and backing paper from the Sugar Birdies CD Rom , I cut them out and added some cosmic shimmer glitter to the centre and the dots. Then I printed the pig from the Back to Nature CD Rom and coloured her in with pro markers and mounted them on to some acetate.

Dee: For my card this week I used a backing paper from Sugar Birdies CD and I used the blue and red spotty papers from Jingle Jangles CD. The sentiment is stamped using the new sentiment stamp sheet, and I used the large scallop circles nestabilities for the large flower and a scallop circle punch for the 2 smaller flowers. Lots of screwing up of paper and very generous inking adds some extra interest to the card.
Tracie: I went very girly this week with my card. I used the gorgeous pink backing paper and baby image from Sundae of Seasons. I cut some flower shapes with my Cricut and coloured them then scrunched, rolled and folded till they looked vaguely rose shaped. I then dribbled them with Stickles for a bit of shimmer. I finished up with some ribbon, lace, a charm and the fabulous doodle dewdrops.


Fliss: I've made a Spring colour card with my favourite Flutterby Fairy, Gracie and stamped her and her wings, coloured them with Promarkers and cut them out. I used papers all from the Sundae of Seasons CD and punched my flowers. Full details are on my blog.



We hope that you will join us for this weeks challenge as we look forward to seeing your fabulous creations! Don't forget to get your entry in by Sunday 13 March at 12noon.


6 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [05 Mar 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what wonderful inspiration on this site for making flowers. I wanted to stop everything and try and see if I could make such wonders.Maybe later:) Great work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all the DT's flowers - so many different ways of layering and making them look beautiful! thank you for the challenge - i DEFINITELY need to use flowers more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for another great weekly challenge and fantastic inspiration from the design team as always.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the inspiration, ladies!
    Beth. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!