Friday 25 March 2011

Week 12 Challenge - Stashbox Stamps - The Spring Has Sprung

I am ever so hopeful that the Spring has sprung! Claire here to host this weeks challenge. I am sure that some of you managed to see Nikky at Harrogate, but if not there will be chance to see her on Create and Craft tomorrow (Saturday 26th at 12.00p.m.) for a brand new dedicated rubber stamping show - the Polkadoodles shop has LOADS of brand new products in this week (including a sneaky opportunity to buy a brand new CD long long before it hits Create and Craft) and Nikky will be launching the brand new Wonderland series on the show so make sure you tune in!

Also, check out this!...news of the first Craft Roadshow dates at Milton Keynes in June - 3 full 4 hour classes, loads of extra crafting, shop till you drop, extra demo's and make & takes and some surprise guest appearances too - you will LOVE it! You can book here, please don't miss out on this great crafty 2 day event, you will have such a good time!



Now to Challenge 10 winners - Black and White plus one colour:

First Place: E.T. 
Second Place: Joni
Third Place: Princess4Wiz

Please e-mail Nikky with your placing and 'Challenge 10 top three' in the subject field.

I just love Nikky's new Alice in Wonderland stamps, and already the wonderful hare is amongst my favourite all time images. So with that in mind my challenge"The Spring has sprung" seemed all the more pertinent! It's our stashbox stamps challenge this week and for the design team its a great opportunity to show how versatile Polkadoodles' products are alongside any other rubber stamp company images! I hope you enjoy the great projects from the team and we look forward to visiting your creations.

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Good luck with the challenge - the closing date is Sunday 3rd April at 12noon GMT.

Audrey: For this card I used spring colors. I love the paper on the CD Paper Boutique III. I used some of my Stampin Up stamps and paper pieced the owls bellies. I used 3D dots to give the owls some dimension.



Claire - I have used imagery and stamps from the new Alice set. As you can see my hare definitely has a spring in his step.....unfortunately he's a bit late for a special birthday...


D'Anne - I dedicate this card to all my on-line crafting 'Best Fishes.' This card was created with Polkadoodles Tweet digital paper from the Paper Boutique Volume 1 cd and Stampin Up Best Fishes stamp set. The stamped images were colored with Promarkers, added Doodle Dewdrops and some ribbon for the finishing touches.



Emma Hiya, here is my card for the week, it is an oversized tag. I have used one of my favourite stamps as per the challenge, coloured her with Promarkers and teamed her up with some beautiful backing papers, flowers and butterflies from Sundae of Seasons CD. The faux brads are Card Candy available in the Polkadoodles web shop too.


Saskia - I used a cute stamp from the Laurence Collection to make my Spring card! All the papers and the sentiment are from the Sundae Of Seasons cd-rom.


Josie - How else would you like to spend the Spring? How about on Polkadoodle Street! I used these gorgeous Rubber Stamps and stamped them on to their own street. Then coloured them all in with Pro Markers.




Lis-m: This week I have used a Lili of the valley stamp for my spring image. The papers are from Paper boutique Vol 1., from the funky flower section. I have 3d'd some of the flowers as well as the fairies. Tied a little string across to hang my tags for the wish message.


Miria - For my card I used a Lily Of The Valley stamp coloured with waterpencils and Distress Inks, the papers and sentiment are from Polka Doodles cds, for the background I used the new released Alice papers. Buttons and ribbon from stash.




Fliss - For my card this week I've used a favourite Spring flower by Hero Arts in the colours I have in my garden although there aren't any tulips out yet. The tulips were stamped with green ink, coloured with pencils and cut out. I added them to some white textured card mats with a further handcut mat of red for some pizazz. I've used some gorgeous Spring colour backing papers from the Sundae of Seasons CD, a greeting from the Candy Doodles CD and added a bow from my stash and a punched border.


Colette - This week I have used the Ursula template set from the Get in shape section of the Back to Nature CD rom, I have replaced Ursula the cow, with a Magnolia stamp coloured with Promarkers. I have layered up all the flowers, and added a few extras to the fence. The dragonfly is from the Sundae of Seasons CD, it has been printed onto pergamano paper, cut around layered and glittered.



Ruth: I've used a digital image from The Clip Art Fairy this week and teamed it with papers from Sundae of Seasons. The image has been coloured with Promarkers.


Lou: I have used a cute Tilda image for this weeks challenge teamed up with a selection of papers from the Back to Nature CD. I do so love the bunting paper from the "Picnic" section and had to use it on my card. I have then made further bunting using other papers from the same CD, decorated with Card Candy (available from Polka Doodles too). The butterflies are from a Stamps Away set and the sentiment is from SU. The large scallop edging was made using a circle punch.



Good luck with the challenge this week! Don't forget our rules and you have until Sunday 3 April at 12noon GMT to enter!
******


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for this great challenge topic and wonderful inspiration. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies, what lovely dt owrk. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great challenge.. LOve the work of the DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Challenge I'm a New follower! First time entering this challenge:
    ~ Jacqueline
    Made by Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this fantastic challenge! My spring is very gentle this year, as my white tulips in the garden! Hope you like my card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a person having a marvelous blog
    I have given you an award.
    Go on over to my blog to find out how to get it. Great stuff Nikky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the great challenge!! first time entering, looking forward to entering more!! thanks!
    Brenna
    rbanderson@live.ca

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!