Friday 11 March 2011

Week 10 Challenge - Black, White + 1 Other

Hello everyone, Fliss here, and welcome to another Polka Doodles challenge as, yes, it's Friday once again! It's my turn to set the challenge this week and I've chosen a versatile colour theme which is to use:


Black and White + One Colour

Before we get onto this week's fabulous creations from the design team here are the top three from the week 8 challenge, Stashbox Stamps, with 2 ribbons and a charm!

First Place: Jo Price
Second Place: Sari
Third Place: Chris

Congratulations! Please email Nikky with your placing and 'Challenge 8 top three' in the subject field.

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Good luck with the challenge - the closing date is Sunday 20th March at 12noon GMT.

Onto the Design Team cards!

D'Anne - For this card I stepped a little outside my comfort zone. This card was created with black, white and various shades of cream. The digital paper is from the 'Shabby Estate' collection from the Polka Doodles All Around and Everywhere cd. This cd is perfect for your craft project, scrapbooking, invitation, web design, paper product, design card and everything else.




Enfys: I used red as my 'pop' colour on this black and white card. The stampie shopping girl is from All Around and Everywhere CD, and the red and white checkered paper which I pleated to look like a ruffled ribbon, is from the Not for Girls CD. Image coloured with Promarkers


Tracie: My card uses the lovely BevvieBoo fairy and the hot pink and cool grey promarkers (look she has the same colour hair as me!!) I printed the stripy paper from love and cherish and the ribbon was coloured with promarkers too.

Fliss - I've made a simple card using black and white with green and all the elements come from the Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition CD. I've been itching to use those gorgeous, striking flourishes so this was the perfect opportunity.


Emma Hello there, I have used black white and pink. All the elements are from All Around and Everywhere CD but the sentiment is from the Fairy Flutterfly range of stamps.


Lis-m: This week I have chosen black, white and red. I have used the Love and cherish cd (the boundless love section) and the floral birdcage stamp. I just matted and layered, coloured my stamped image, and added a little glitter pen, a ribbon and button to finish, and the sentiment from the sensational sentiments.


Audrey... For this project I used Paper Boutiques Vol. 3 for the calendar template, All Around And Everywhere for the letters, numbers and colored stampies and I used Sundae Of Seasons for the digital paper.


Claire: I decided to have a play with the newest cd Paper boutique Vol 3. I have been really looking forward to creating something with Betsy/Buster - the super cute dogs. I have used the stampies and added dimension by attaching Betsy's head on a spring.


Saskia - isn't this dog adorable!? The template, papers, flowers... everything can be found on the All Around And Everywhere cd-rom. I added the letters 'woef !' and the wobbling eyes. So much fun making this card!



Miria - My project for this week is a wedding card. The papers and the image are from Love & Cherish, I coloured the car with waterpencils and cut it out, the ribbon and charm are from stash.



Colette - I decided to make an anniversary card, also using images from the Love and Cherish CD, I coloured the couple with Promarkers, cut around the frame design, glued it to red card and cut around again then attached to card using foam pads. I added a big bow made from ribbon that came wrapped around Primark pyjamas, and rhinestones from stash, in the centre of the black flowers.


Ruth: I made this card for a work colleague who has got a little doggie just like this one! Although I think hers is without a scarf and bow! It's from Paper Boutique Vol 3 and I printed off the pre-coloured A5 size, cut out all the elements and layered them up with foam pads. You'll have to take my word for it, that I've also decorated the reverse! Added some wobbly eyes and applied glossy accents to the nose for a realistic look!


Dee: I've used papers from the Love and Cherish CD this week. I cut strips of papers and wove them behind a circle aperture. I did a spot of doodling on the bird and added a big not to be missed bow.

Lou: I have also made an Anniversary card and obviously turned to the Love and Cherish CD (Boundless Love section) for all the paper/card elements. The large topper is one where you can type your own sentiment into and after much faffing on my behalf . . . just settled on "Happy Anniversary". Not original but suited the purpose . . hee, hee, hee! Finished off with some ribbon, Prima flowers, swirls, punched hearts and a random pin!


Josie: I love black and white with a splash of red. And any excuse to use these little ladybirds! I used the topper, the dotty flower and ladybird backing paper and from the Sugar Birdie's CD Rom. I of course added some dotty paper and some ribbon.



Good luck! Don't forget our 'rules' and you have until Sunday 20 March at 12noon GMT to enter your project via the link below.
******



5 comments:

  1. Some gorgeous cards (as ever)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh!! Thanks for the Top 2 award!!! I'll wear with pride! =) Really gorgeous Dt work again this week! Thanks for a fun challenge, hope to find some time to join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the challenge and the absolutely amazing DT inspiration!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab DT cards!!!!
    Great Challenge!!!
    Hugs Sonia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this challenge and for the amazing DT inspiration. Loved choosing my extra colour and went with gold in the end xx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!