Friday 25 February 2011

Week 8 Challenge - Stashbox Stamps + Extras

Welcome to another Friday and a Polkadoodle challenge! It's Enfys here, setting the challenge for this week and the Polkadoodle team have a new element to the challenge this week, which we are going to make a regular feature once a month. We are calling it Stashbox Stamp Week, which basically means that we can dig out our favourite stamps and use them with our Polkadoodle papers and pretties. Of course, our favourite stamp may well be a Polkadoodles one...but that's okay too.

I made one more stipulation - two ribbons and a charm (it can be home made with shrinky dink, threaded beads, or whatever takes your fancy). So that's your challenge for this week:

TWO RIBBONS AND A CHARM

The top three from week 6 which was 'That's Amore!' are:

First Place: Susan Zuzarte
Second Place: Hannah Clark
Third Place: Claire C

Congratulations! Please email Nikky with your placing and 'Challenge 6 top three' in the subject field.

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Good luck with the challenge - the closing date is Sunday 6 March at 12noon GMT.

Enfys: I used papers printed from the Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition CD, the taupe flowers were punched from another paper from that CD, with some doodle dewdrops in the centres. Border punch is Martha Stewart, and the stamped image is by Stamping Bella coloured with ProMarkers. The metal charm is by Making Memories. Sentiment label is from Sundae of Seasons

Ruth: I've kept it pretty simple this week! Paper is from Sundae of Seasons (just love the check!) and the image, coloured with Aquamarkers is Penny Black. The two ribbons that I've used are from the Scrap Store and I made my own charm with beads from a very lovely friend!


D'Anne - For this card I used the green digital paper collection from the Sundae of Seasons CD and the digital Shamrock Bouquet stamp was created by Claire Brennan. I’ve colored the shamrocks with Promarkers, cut them out and attached with dimensionals. Enjoy your day.



Saskia - Magnolia meets Polka Doodles! All the lovely papers and ladybugs are from the Paper Boutique Vol I cd-rom!



Emma, hello there, this time, I used backing papers from All Around and Everwhere and the background images - the little house and the picket fences were from the Sundae of Seasons CD
printed A5 size. 


Claire I have used a mixture of elements, backing papers are from Paper Boutique Vol 1, flowers are from Candy Doodles and Sentiment from Sundae of Seasons Cd. I have used a Leanne Ellis stamp by Sugar Nellie from my stash.



Lis-m For my card this week I have created a scene in the garden using the Sundae of Seasons cd. I found everything I needed on there, and finished with my stashbox stamp - a gardening Hanglar. I used 2 ribbons and a gardening charm from my stash.



Audrey For this card I used the CD All Around And Everywhere for the digital paper. The stamp is from Hampton Art. I did a little paper piecing for the wings and the present and I colored the rest of it with Copics. The ribbon is from my stash and I got the charm at Michaels.




Colette - For this card I used elements from Sundae of Seasons (fairy garden and toadstool) and papers from Candy Doodles-plain candies, Paper Boutique III-dotty paper, and a stampie from Sugar Birdies for the sentiment. The fairy image is a Charmed Delectable Enchanted Pixie stamp, a RAK from Ruth, coloured with Promarkers and Sakura stardust pens. The wide pink ribbon is from a local craft shop, the narrow ribbon is from stash and coloured with promarkers (it was white) and the two little dragonfly charms on the sentiment, I've had for so long, I don't remember where they came from.



Miria. For my card I used a Lily Of The Valley stamp coloured with waterpencils and I found the perfect paper and sentiment to match it on All around and everywhere. I added the ribbons from stash and made a charm using the same stamp on polyshrink.



Fliss - I've made a vintage style card with a Crafty Individuals stamp from my vast stamp collection. I coloured the pretty collage with various Promarkers. I used papers mostly from the Paper Boutique Volume 3 CD and the lilac ribbon one is from the Sundae of Seasons CD. I added some punching with the Martha Stewart Arch Lattice punch and made a charm with stamped shrink plastic with a brass stamping added for interest. Full details are on my blog.



Tracie: I used a Whiff of Joy stamp from my stash and used papers from Sundae of seasons to paper piece the umbrella, hair bows and top. I added a little shading on these parts with my promarkers for a little added depth. I also added a bit more of the same backing paper and decoupaged the gorgeous spotty wellies, also from Sundae of Seasons. The ribbons (ok so its twine and lace but shh!) are some of my favs from the Polkadoodle shop. Finished with a charm from my stash and a design runner sentiment.


Lou: I have used a set of stamps from "My Favourite Things" and all the papers are from the Paper Boutique Volume 3 CD. The images have been paper pieced an covered in Crystal Lacquer for added "shine"! Pleated ribbon is made from paper and additional ribbon(s) from stash. Unfortunately I couldn't find a charm or any shrink plastic to make one . . . . and local craft shop didn't have any shrink plastic either . . . so have used a glitter bead thing as my charm. I made a "boy" and "girl" card using the same paper designs just changing the background paper to co-ordinate with my dinosaur.



Good luck - the challenge is open until Sunday 6 March at 12noon GMT.


*******


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards from the DT as always and what a fab challenge. Thanks so much for choosing my card for your 3rd place :-)
    claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [26 Feb 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU so much for choosing my card as the winning card. This is very exciting. CONGRATULATIONS to all the other participants

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls. Hope my card with its ribbon, string and paper ribbon will be ok, remove my entry if not. Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the DT cards.So bright and eye-catching.2nd time entering your challenges.Great challenge.Good luck everyone. Debbie Johns x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have just stumbled across your fab blog after ordering your Be Neighbourly/Garden Neighbours stamps after seeing them on Create & Craft yesterday and was blown away by them :) and have just realised today that I have already got some of your fab stamps free with my Papercraft essentials magazine, don't have any of your papers YET but as soon as I do I will definately be joining in with your challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these cards are soooo inspirational. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!