Friday 18 February 2011

Week 7 Challenge - Chocolate!

Hello, it's Saskia here for this week's challenge! Our 'boss' (sweet Nikky) calls me 'the Belgian chocolat girl'! So... make a yummy project or card with 'chocolat colours' or something with some real chocolat! Our Design Team has some great inspiration for you! And here is the inspiration for you - a chocolat picture!





Before we look at the Design Team samples please give a warm Polkadoodles welcome to our newest member - Ashley Lydia!

The challenge runs until Sunday 27 February at 12noon GMT and please remember our rules when entering!

The top three from week 5 which was With Hearts are:
First Place: Ira
Second Place: Sari
Third Place: Lori

Congratulations! Please email Nikky with your placing and 'Week 5 top 3' in the subject field.

Quite a large number of entries were disregarded as our rules were not followed - they make our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off

Onto the Design Team's samples!

Ruth: I've used the fab chocolate cupcake decoupage from Candy Doodles, layered it all up with foam pads then added glossy accents to the chocolate elements plus glittered the ribbon around the cupcake. Yum!




Miria My card is for hot chocolate lovers and I found all I needed to make it on Sundae of Seasons, from the paper to the coloured stampies. I've just added a sentiment from my computer, a yummy embellie and a ribbon. Enjoy!



Audrey ... For this easel card I used the CD All Around And Everywhere for the circle sentiments and the bear and I used Sundae Of Seasons for the polka dot papers. I did a lot of hand stitching for this card because I thought it would go really well with that adorable bear.



D'Anne - I made a Flower Pot Treat Holder to share with you. The beautiful flower and pot is disguising a Chocolate Strawberry Dum Dum lollipop. The round part of the lollipop is hidden in the flower pot base and the lollipop stick is hidden behind the stem of the leaves. The project was created using elements: pattern paper, a cupcake digital element and a strawberry gift tag from the Sundae of CD. ENJOY




Enfys: I used my Cricut machine and the Back to Nature CD for this sweet little gift bag which would hold half a dozen choccies and would be perfect to cheer up a friend. I cut the purse from the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge using fit to page, and coloured the inside with pastel pink Promarker. Papers and tags are from the CD. The pink border was cut with the Martha Stewart heart punch




Saskia : I made this owl-card with the papers and template from the Paper Boutique Volume I cd-rom. I added a little smile at Mr Owl... yes, he's so happy with the chocolat hearts!!


Lis-m: Just a quick card this week. I used the Sundae of Seasons cd for the papers, matted with chocolate cardstock, and I used Maggie from the flutterfly Fairies. I stamped her in a brown Le Plume pen, and used an aqua brush to blend the colour out. A simple button, and that's it!



Emma, hello there, I made a set of secret little chocolate stashes for my poorly friend. I used backing papers from Sundae of Seasons and the topper was from All Around and Everywhere CD. The little envelope contains two chocolate mints - just enough to stop a craving.

Claire: If you haven't popped by the Polkadoodles shop recently you should do... Nikky has some rather gorgeous woven ribbons for sale and I have used two designs on my Chocolate box. Also elements from Sundae of seasons and Back to nature cds.


Colette - I went for a chocolate, strawberries and cream colour scheme using papers and the fabulous cake stampies from the Sundae of Seasons CD rom, I added fluffy stuff to the large cake for the cream and glossy accents to the chocolate drops on the small cakes, scrummilicious!


Fliss - I've made some little chocolate bar decorated covers with a matching gift card just perfect for giving to a chocoholic friend. All elements and papers are from the Sundae of Seasons CD and I simply added some pearls and jewels for a little bling. Easy peasy!


Tracie: I took inspiration from the rich colours of chocolate and made my card in browns and creams. I used Gracie hand coloured with promarkers, papers from Sundae of Seasons, and the gorgeous new Cherish around the page punch set.



Lou: I have used the Sundae of Seasons CD to make my card. All the images can be found in the Summer section and using the camera tool in Adobe, I cut images I wanted to use and made my own topper sheet with all the elements I wanted. The large tag in the background is removable and can be used for other things (!). The little sentiments I wrote, cropped up and then mounted over the front of the card.Card was finished off with some gems, flowers and biased binding ribbon.


Good luck - the deadline is Sunday 27 February at 12noon GMT.
*******


8 comments:

  1. Some yummy ideas I know exactly what I am going to do now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, too bad we can't eat your wonderful DT cards, they look absolutely scrumptious to me :-) Thanks so much for picking my hearts parasol as your number 1, you really made my day!! Congrats to the other winners, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice challenge and dt work thank you. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [19 Feb 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous DT inspiration - thank you for a great challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh...Thanks for choosing my card for top2!! Jumping of joy here! *lol* But unfortunatly...i can't send a email...have tried atleast 10 times...=(
    But what a fun challenge again, and really great Dt inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cards! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!